PDA

View Full Version : Natural Stone business in Toronto (Canada)

blsn
10-15-2005, 12:59 AM
I have a several years of experience in the Natural Stone businesses.
Have working in a family business, supplier of flooring and exterior cladding materials. The company imports and markets marble and granite for floors and walls of buildings and construction projects.

Currently I'm in a process of applying for immigration to Canada
(Permanent Residence Application Status).

My status: landing in Toronto end of November and hopefully starting my own business.

Anybody has any idea whether this kind of business can go also in Toronto?

P.S. I am also looking for a business partner to start this new business...

Many thanks,

BusinessMan
10-20-2005, 05:35 AM
I don't see why it shouldn't be viable anywhere. Maybe you could check the local 'Yellow Pages' there, or similar, to check the local competition, market, and so on.

blsn
10-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks for replying to me.

Originally I'm from Israel. Working in a family business which imports and markets marble and granite for floors and walls.

Israel, as you know, is a warm country, so the natural stone (marble) is quite required.
The reason why I contacted this forum is to find whether these products are relevant for the Canadians as well.

Many thanks,
Moshe

BusinessMan
10-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Well... marble certainly isn't 'required' in Canada. It's relatively rare in fact, compared to many other stones, so you may well find that you are operating in a slightly different market niche to your current one.

I suspect though that your best bet is still to check out local directories in the first instance. Though you may get lucky and we may have a Canadian visitor in the stone industry!

Maximus
11-12-2005, 12:08 AM
Dear fellow business owner,
As far as a market in Canada, you will have to research that along with some leg work, phone calls and meetings. As far as having a market in the US you tell me specifics about your products, pricing, and shipping policies and I will certainly find you hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of business. Let me know if you are serious. Give me the info. on your product and I will make it happen. I am expeienced at negotiating with suppliers and contractors.