PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Package sent to a competitor.

ninjai
10-20-2014, 10:10 PM
We recently sent out a marketing package which included our service offered, resumes, etc. The company we sent it too sent it to almost immediately sent it to a competitor of ours. It is legal to do? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks

Web Oracle
10-25-2014, 05:38 AM
Below is what I include in all of my proposals. Although I have been meaning to add something that says something like by receiving this document they are agreeing not to disclose the contents and if they do then legal action will be taken against them and all parties involved. I would speak with a lawyer to see what they could type up for you to include in your documents. Or use what I have below as a template to include in future documents. Sounds like that's not really the client that you would want to have anyway if they are not on a professional level with you. BTW how did you find out they send it the the competition?

CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
This proposal is confidential to Web Oracle and organization/firm/incorporation solicited for this proposal. This document contains information and data that Web Oracle considers confidential and proprietary.
Confidential Information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
 Corporate, employee and infrastructure information about Web Oracle
 Web Oracle project management and quality processes
 Customer and project experiences provided to illustrate Web Oracle capability.
Any disclosure of Confidential Information to, or use of it by a third party (i.e., a party other than Client), will be damaging to Web Oracle. Ownership of all Confidential Information, no matter in what media it resides, remains with Web Oracle.
Confidential Information in this document shall not be disclosed outside the buyer’s proposal evaluators and shall not be duplicated, used, or disclosed – in whole or in part – for any purpose other than to evaluate this proposal without specific written permission of an authorized representative of Web Oracle.

Startup_Consultant
11-07-2014, 03:39 AM
Sorry to say but such things are happening quite often...
Just for the sake of it: Clients want to get the best out of the opportunity so sometimes they share the dirty details with other opponents to get better offer. When they do it informally you can do absolutely nothing against this. Forwarding a whole mail is an other issue - as mentioned above.
Try to find / get / identify some sustainable competitive advantage of yours - and enhance that in your offer. Win the contest with compelling service - not just price. NEVER give out your idea - just tweak the (forecasted) results. List Features and Benefits - no one knows how you'll achieve that - so there is nothing to steal :)