PDA

View Full Version : Stormwater Pollution Prevention Legislation

researcher
10-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Not sure if this issue falls into this catagory.......

The federal DEP is handing over stormwater pollution regulating to the State of Maine - and I'm not sure what other states.....

We rec'd a fax a couple wks ago letting us know we were to send $300 with a notice of intent (NOI) info on the Maine.gov website wasn't available in detail until 10/11/05. In the pdf doc after 10/11 it is stated it must be filed by 11/14/05.

From going thru the hundreds of pages I've been filtering thru the past week - it looks like we'll need to hire an engineer to draw up a SWPPP for us (stormwater pollution prevention plan) b4 we can even apply!

We are a small lumber business with about a dozen employees - this is yet another huge burden for a small business. We have called our local state representative..... I haven't called the person in charge at DEP yet...

Anyone else been thru this??

bizguy
05-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Hi researcher,

Sorry to hear that you are being slammed with a surprise like that :?

I haven't had to deal directly with preparing an SWPPP, but I have had to deal with siesmic regulations within a quarter of a mile of the Hayward Fault in California. Oh boy fun :roll: The owner of the company had moved the company and didn't file any permits when he went to set up in the new facility near the Hayward fault, he figured his equipment had been through some big earthquakes, he knew what he was doing. Well, the fire department shut his line down. I came onto the scene six months after they were shut down.

After being hired on to help with the situtation, I found that by going in and speaking to all of the city and county departments involved, it sped up the process in gathering the exact information they required, which included engineered drawings. We were back up and running within a week and within two we were exceeding previous production runs.

All I can say is start communicating with them. Trying to change the law is a great long term goal, but it won't alleviate the requirements you are facing now. Give them what they want, nothing more nothing less, keep your business going.

As a side line, continue to persue your representative to change the requirements.

Good Luck :D :!:

ipeadvisor
10-22-2019, 06:15 AM
Thermal oxidizers are used as a method of pollution control for process air containing small particles of combustible solids or liquids. Exhaust air in industrial settings may be highly polluted, and it makes sense to oxidize (burn) as much of it as possible, so that the exhaust consists of little but non-toxic carbon (soot). Thermal oxidizers are sometimes divided into non-flame oxidizers, which use slow heating to incinerate pollutants, and direct flame thermal oxidizers, which use plumes of flame. Thermal oxidizers may also include a process called catalytic oxidization. In catalytic oxidization, organic compounds pass over a support material coated with a catalyst, commonly a noble metal such as platinum or rhodium, that encourages the pollutants in the air to burn. Catalytic oxidizers can break down pollutants at much lower temperatures than thermal oxidizers lacking catalytic action.

master007
10-15-2020, 03:06 AM
After being hired on to help with the situtation, I found that by going in and speaking to all of the city and county departments involved, it sped up the process in gathering the exact information they required, which included engineered drawings. We were back up and running within a week and within two we were exceeding previous production runs.

qtix
11-19-2020, 08:15 AM
https://pharmacyhealthforall.com/5074/hair-transplant-a-permanent-solution-for-hair-loss/

qtix
11-19-2020, 08:16 AM
After being hired on to help with the situtation, I found that by going in and speaking to all of the city and county departments involved https://pharmacyhealthforall.com/5074/hair-transplant-a-permanent-solution-for-hair-loss/, it sped up the process in gathering the exact information they required, which included engineered drawings. We were back up and running within a week and within two we were exceeding previous production runs.