PDA

View Full Version : Franchise/Associate/Affiliate

hand
10-19-2005, 07:52 PM
Here is my question. I have a business let's say it's "home inspections" like when people come up on their anniversary of their home being built they get one done in order for the builder to correct problems.

Now I don't want to "franchise" the business but I want to let others buy into it like a franchise. I am not sure if I an do an "associate" thing or an "affiliate" thing instead. I don't want to deal with all the Franchise paperwork involved.

Anyone have any idea?

Pittsburghsaves
10-20-2005, 09:28 AM
Here is a link that will may help you out. It is an article that outlines what constitutes a franchise: http://www.vsb.org/publications/valawyer/oct00/caulkins.pdf

Larry

Pittsburghsaves
12-01-2005, 06:08 PM
I just realized that the link was incomplete. I fixed it in previous post.
Sorry.

UsefulBloke
12-07-2005, 05:37 AM
Hi,

How would people be finding new customers? And who would be doing the "work"? Is there scope to offer people an opportunity to buy into your business as licenced resellers?

Al

contentondemand
03-26-2006, 07:32 AM
Hello.

That is a good question. To determine which is best for you, ask what your goals are and how involved you want to be.

I'm a huge believer in franchising, it is a great way to raise capital and create a network of business owners who have greater advertising power in the market. However, the process can be daunting and expensive.

On the other hand, create an affiliate program is less expensive (by far) but you will achieve no where near the ad power you can with a franchise.

I think you should perform more research and not only contact the franchise consulting firms, but talk to business owners who franchised without the use of a consulting firm. Many are more than willing to offer advice as long as you are not a competing company.

Whether or not you franchise you should really have an operations manual. This will act as a reference guide for you and any employees and by using a manual from the start you can add to it as you go, so that when you franchise you will have a complete manual. Manuals are not only reference tools, but when you franchise they become sales and legal tools as well.

Larger consulting firms charge $15K plus to create customized manuals, but if you want to save money you can develop your own, or use an expertly written template that has notes about where to input your specific information.

If you need a complete manual (550+ pages) please visit http://www.operationsmanualtemplate.com.

Good luck!

ContentOnDemand
http://www.operationsmanualtemplate.com

mansbestfriend
02-19-2014, 01:38 AM
Just be 100% clear on what you want your 'affiliates' to do. It's a way for you to grow you business, so you decide how they should run it and so on. From numbers to actual tasks and goals. Be specific, this is a strategic move from your part and you need to be totally sure on where you want to go, and how you should get there.
When you have figured that plan out in detail, you can determine if it's a franchise structure or not.

fredkawig
02-19-2014, 07:35 AM
If you do not want to do paper works you should hire a lawyer to do so. Papers are actually your security in case something bad happens like your affiliates or associates won't pay up or something like that. I think what you mean is that you don't want to franchise or sell your business but let others join in. That's basically a corporation and you are actually looking for shareholders and stockholders. You need to incorporate a corporation though.

delusional
02-19-2014, 07:46 AM
Be prepared to do a lot of paperwork. Not only contracts but also drafting the contracts, writing guides, writing quality guidelines, ...
Make sure someone who has some experience with this kind of paperwork also reads it in order to make sure you are not missing things.

JoanREngland
06-10-2014, 03:44 AM
Hello Content on Demand,

We probably can help you with reaching out to people to your business through franchsing.
:)

campbelljof
11-27-2015, 04:28 AM
Hi,

I thing you should give some scope into your business so that your customer easily understand you.!!

tuantranbk
09-13-2018, 11:08 PM
Hello.

That is a good question. To determine which is best for you, ask what your goals are and how involved you want to be.

I'm a huge believer in franchising, it is a great way to raise capital and create a network of business owners who have greater advertising power in the market. However, the process can be daunting and expensive.

On the other hand, create an affiliate program is less expensive (by far) but you will achieve no where near the ad power you can with a franchise.

I think you should perform more research and not only contact the franchise consulting firms, but talk to business owners who franchised without the use of a consulting firm. Many are more than willing to offer advice as long as you are not a competing company.

Whether or not you franchise you should really have an operations manual. This will act as a reference guide for you and any employees and by using a manual from the start you can add to it as you go, so that when you franchise you will have a complete manual. Manuals are not only reference tools, but when you franchise they become sales and legal tools as well.

Larger consulting firms charge $15K plus to create customized manuals, but if you want to save money you can develop your own, or use an expertly written template that has notes about where to input your specific information.

If you need a complete manual (550+ pages) please visit http://www.operationsmanualtemplate.com.

Good luck!

ContentOnDemand

So much appreciate for the note. Have a nice day all !

tuantranbk
09-13-2018, 11:08 PM
Just be 100% clear on what you want your 'affiliates' to do. It's a way for you to grow you business, so you decide how they should run it and so on. From numbers to actual tasks and goals. Be specific, this is a strategic move from your part and you need to be totally sure on where you want to go, and how you should get there.
When you have figured that plan out in detail, you can determine if it's a franchise structure or not.

So much appreciate for the note. Have a nice day all !

chandrumohan
02-05-2020, 02:33 AM
Chocolate Kids Playschool

Chocolate Kids Innovative School, Guduvanchery, Chennai, India Dec 20, 2019 - Despite the numerous benefits derived from play for both children and parents, time for free play has been markedly reduced for some children. This trend has even affected kindergarten children, who have had free play reduced in their schedules to make room for more academics. Some families whose children are highly scheduled may also suffer. Adults who may already be burdened by work responsibilities and maintaining a household find themselves sacrificing their downtime because they need to arrange activities and transport children between appointments. A rapid growth can be observed in the number of playschools in Chennai during this decade. Playschool in guduvanchery, Chennai

maryjfriedman
02-06-2020, 08:02 AM
A large Running Business also provides the Franchise and this is good for any Business. But large and good companies have many requirements and franchise Rule. This is the very difficult Rule.

Rahul28
01-23-2021, 06:34 AM
Franchising and becoming an affiliate representative for a company are two distinct forms of business operation. As a franchise owner, you buy into the business model and own your own franchise. As an affiliate, you agree to market goods and services for a company in exchange for affiliate fees or commissions.