PDA

View Full Version : New Online Boutique Could Use Some Advise

ahuspeni
11-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Hello, my name is Andrea and I am the owner of an online women's boutique. It launched about a month ago, and I would love advise. I am doing pay per click on Google and Yahoo. It has produced clicks but not much of a sell through. Actually, I am quite frustrated because I have only had 4 sales! I was expecting something like one a day. I believe my site is great, easy to navigates. and sells items that are in demand....so what is the deal? Does anyone have suggestions about getting the word out, improving sell through, or any other advise. Please let me know. Thanks so much, Andrea

Maximus
11-11-2005, 11:05 PM
Andrea,
Please give me more details so that I can help you. What is the address of the site so I can check it out, who do you feel is your target market, and do you have a physical store front which is doing business right now? How long have you been in the business? How much capital do you have to put into your advertising campaign? Why are you taking this business online now? There are so many options in advertising and marketing. They all start with a profile of your company and your goal!!

ahuspeni
11-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Thanks for expressing interest in my site. It is in my profile [Mod: no direct links allowed]. I do not have a physical store. I think more and more people are shopping online and I wanted to take advantage of it. The site had been doing alright, but I want to know if anyone has suggestions on more advertising opportunities. My budget for publicity/advertising is limited to maybe 1000-3000 a month. I know that isn't that much, but I am just starting out. Let me know your opinions. Thanks for the reply. Andrea

prnuke
02-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Andrea,

Who is your target market?

First determine who your targeting towards and focus on that. For example, because we sell a lot to exotic dancers, I posted and joined a lot of forums, sent press releases to trade publications (which has worked out the best). It's free and if you're press release is written well enough, once you are interviewed and published for a story, article or even an interview, you become a so-called 'expert'. This helped me out, not only with customer base but with vendors, industry personnel, etc.

Also, send press releases to your local newspapers, magazines, etc. If your story is newsworthy enough, they will print it. They need to fill their pages with interesting articles, stories, interviews, etc.

Because you are a website, partner with models/individuals/industry websites who may be interested in your clothing. Have them put items from your store on their 'wishlist.' Both of you will benefit. They will get free clothing that they want from you and you get a sale plus exposure.
An example would be for fetish wear (leather, vinyl, etc.) you would look at targeting fetish models (there are a lot out there) and simply contacting them to see if they would be interested in adding items from your store to their wishlist. If they already have items, and if you're willing, you can also offer them a 'bonus' (or commission) for whatever they sell.

All this was done for free and all very effective.

If you need help writing a press release, there are many articles on the Internet about creating and writing an effective press release.

Good luck!

manatee123
03-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Hello, my name is Andrea and I am the owner of an online women's boutique. It launched about a month ago, and I would love advise. I am doing pay per click on Google and Yahoo. It has produced clicks but not much of a sell through. Actually, I am quite frustrated because I have only had 4 sales! I was expecting something like one a day. I believe my site is great, easy to navigates. and sells items that are in demand....so what is the deal? Does anyone have suggestions about getting the word out, improving sell through, or any other advise. Please let me know. Thanks so much, Andrea

Andrea, I recently wrote an article on making the most of Google AdWords. Not sure if the moderators will allow this to stand but here is the link to my article: ezinearticles.com/members/?type=pv&item=125750&author=Dan%20Forootan&pass=xXgJHuPXb6b4o

pahagwl
02-24-2014, 08:52 AM
I would recommend you to start advertising on social networks in order to promote your business. I would also recommend you to start advertising at various forums where people talk about the latest fashion trends in order to create an awareness for your brand. You could also start using some sales promotion methods like providing discounts, or freebies in order to increase your sales.

caveman
02-24-2014, 09:19 AM
I would recommend you to start advertising on social networks in order to promote your business. I would also recommend you to start advertising at various forums where people talk about the latest fashion trends in order to create an awareness for your brand. You could also start using some sales promotion methods like providing discounts, or freebies in order to increase your sales.

I agree. Social media is the key to get word out. Maybe the people visiting your sites don't have the passion for the things you sell. Talk to bloggers who have a bit of influence and ask them to feature your products or advertise it on their blogs. Tweet about it and have a facebook page. Maybe start off with a contest to win an item so it generates more people.

foduu1
02-27-2014, 12:28 AM
I recommend you to definitely start out promoting with myspace so as to encourage your online business. I'd likewise propose you to definitely start out promoting with several message boards where by individuals talk about the latest fashion developments so as to generate an awareness for ones model. You might also begin to use several sales marketing techniques including providing reductions, as well as free gifts so as to boost the sales.

angelicagapit
02-27-2014, 06:34 AM
One thing you could do, and the thing that I think is very important for online boutiques, is to prove your legitimacy. Promoting your business in fashion events by renting out a small booth could also help your online boutique gain some legitimacy. Post photos on your website showing that you guys sold in a public event.

I hope I helped. Good luck!

Lithium
02-27-2014, 10:19 AM
If you will promote your site through other ways other than internet, you might gain a little bit of traffic or buyers. Try launching and announcement in the local newspaper.

janineaa
03-08-2014, 12:52 AM
If it's an online boutique, you should just use social media. It's free too. It's easy to upload and share photos of your products on Facebook and Instagram. What's good about these sites is that you can add hashtags for the public to connect to your photos, thud having a larger market that know your products. If you have an advertising budget, you can look up local fashion bloggers. They have their own rates, terms and conditions. You can sponsor them and they can endorse your products on their sites. Your popularity will definitely rise.

albertj786
03-11-2014, 02:29 AM
if you'll promote your site on facebook,linkedin and other social media and forums and fashion blog i'm sure that you'll get a alot of attention of peoples on your site and you'll get traffic by this

bingaguilar
03-25-2014, 06:06 AM

I totally agree. Forums can be a great way to introduce your product/brand.Try doing adverts on Twitter and make a fanpage on Facebook. A lot of companies and even freelancers are doing this to showcase their products or skills. Maybe you can also offer membership on your webpage with special privileges or discounts upon sign-up, upon referral or upon reaching a certain number of points.

fredkawig
03-25-2014, 11:50 PM
Utilize online networking sites such as Facebook. Or do an offline advertisement by giving out coupons, fliers and other props.

loraanna
03-26-2014, 12:09 PM
Social Networking is a great way to get the word out about your business. Start a FB page, use twitter, Instagram. Anything that you can use for free
is always good. Also do a google search of free ways to advertise your business online and offline. If you saturate the market with info about your business
you will see results.

AB9100
03-27-2014, 01:44 PM
You have to do some old school niche marketing. You have to work the forums, and the blogs that relate to your specific niche. That way you receive genuine targeted traffic instead of random clicks.

If you are selling trendy, or socially relevant products. i would suggest you try YouTube. People search YouTube by keywords. So, if you're products are socially relevant you will undoubtedly receive a lot of genuine views, and that is the key. Views from people who are truly interested in the product niche is the only way to get sales. I would not invest to much money in Adsense. It isn't working for you anyway. I would suggest you advertise the old fashioned way.

Athenagdlyt
03-31-2014, 10:39 PM
Social media exposure is one of the cheapest and fastest way to get your word out. Use all these free methods:
- Create a facebook page and feature your products one by one. Don't do it by bulk so you have a daily update. Interaction with your facebook likers through commenting is also a great way to reach out to potential customers.
- Use pinterest and upload nice photos of your merchandise
- Put up an ebay store.

Bryan Cassidy
04-03-2014, 12:52 PM
Andrea,

I suggest that you do something other than internet marketing. I used to work for a company called sales double and they generate leads for you, call them until they become warm leads, and then set up the meetings for you to close them. In the internet age there is a reflex to automatically begin marketing your online business online but I don't always think it is the best method. Also, I would stay away from Google and Yahoo PPC. The market is saturated and your fate is in the hands of the algorithm writers. Instead, I would buy traffic from sources that focus specifically in your niche area. There is a site called safe swaps that allows you to buy solo ads (send email to someone else's existing list) as well as do a swap (where you send your solo ad to their list and they send theirs to yours). Best of luck!

OliviaH
04-19-2014, 09:54 PM
I will suggest you try facebook ads.you can test with as little as $20.You should also check that your site is navigable and has a mobile version for people who will see you site on their smartphones. Organize giveaways and discounts while you are building a fanpage.

Limpie
04-20-2014, 03:34 AM
Hello Andrea!
First of all congratulation on your new business!

Now why isn't your sale going up? Most probably you are failing to reach your targeted customers or your goods are not worth spending money on.
So at first reach to your customers on social medias and present them something worth buying. Show them why they should buy from your store and not from anywhere else.

The website you have, is it SEO friendly? Make it if it's not.

As you have boutique shop, join in ladies/style/fashion forum and contribute effectively leaving your store name on your signature. People will remember you for your good and helpful answers.

For few months just think of helping others, forget about profit. The more you help people, the more they are likely to remember you and who knows they might turn out as your regular customers?

bincos
03-05-2020, 08:42 PM
Yest you are right; may be i will try it for my new business website https://egozola.com