PDA

View Full Version : Business Project

TacitCracker
11-11-2005, 01:33 PM
I am enrolled in a business class at my college; I do not know anyone that owns their own business. I am doing a project that involves contacting a small business owner and then conduct an interview about their small business. Would anyone so graciously give of their time and answer these 8 questions listed below?

Small Business Project
Question #1: Short history of your company?

Question #2: Is your company a Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, or a Corporation? What tells you this?

Question #3: Why did you choose this particular type of business to open? What did you see as the strength, disadvantages, and weaknesses, and the future of the company and the industry that the company falls in?

Question #4: What are the companies products and services?

Question #5: Who are its primary competitors? How does you company compare to these competitors?

Question #6: What type of training and experience did they receive prior to opening their company? Was it sufficient to run a good company? What other help did they recieve? What help or training would have been nice to have?

Question #7: If you had to do it all over again, would you still pick the same company type? Why or Why Not?

Question #8: What does it take to be a successful business owner?

Thank You
Nathan Sparks

qaconsulting
11-13-2005, 01:07 PM
Small Business Project
Question #1: Short history of your company?

Quasebarth Advantage Consulting is a consulting agency that specifies in general small business consulting. For nearly 6 months we have been pursuing this venture, and have been pleased with our growth. Initially, we started out as a web resource, which featured weekly articles and interactives for business professionals. Soon after that we were developing our articles into a book, which will be published in early January titled "The Passion Zone - Developing Passion in Business". Using this as a great platform into consulting, we committed ourselves to presenting our ideas and stories for local interest groups and organizations. Now we currently are functioning as a complete consulting agency for small business in the midwest United States.

Question #2: Is your company a Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, or a Corporation? What tells you this?

Our company is developed as a partnership. Initially the web resource was solely owned and operated by myself, but as it grew I brought in my associate John Spinnato to help me handle business operations. When we drafted our business plan, we set-up an partnership structure to best benefit ourselves.

Question #3: Why did you choose this particular type of business to open? What did you see as the strength, disadvantages, and weaknesses, and the future of the company and the industry that the company falls in?

Consulting came natural for us. Personally, we have been working in and for small businesses for nearly 40 years. As we were developing the book, our ideas began to form and we could see that this idea of "passion in the workforce and the motivation derived from it" is essentially a great product to sell. Everyone wants better productivity and this is a positive way to achieve that.

Since we were essentially focused on small businesses, we new that we had a large client base. This fit us well becuase over the years we had developed a large list of contacts that we have been able to do business with. As for weaknesses, like any small business we were limited with resources. Our promotion has been mostly mouth to mouth, and our cost control is very strict.

In the future, our main concern is the growth of the organization. At this point, we are in the process of focusing on a wider client base and pursuing alternative methods with our web site.

Question #4: What are the companies products and services?

Our consulting begins by understanding your organization, and ends by presenting your organization with a win-win solution to increase productivity. We tackle the issues that hinder effectiveness and limit flexibility, and provide a proactive approach to develop an action plan to promote growth within your organization.

Our Services Provide:Human Resource Development and Planning, Analysis of Organizational Behavior and Solutions to Providing Passion in the Workplace, Development of a Marketing Plan, and an Analysis of Operations and Internal Organization Structure

Question #5: Who are its primary competitors? How does you company compare to these competitors?

Locally, we have only a limited number of competitors, but since we offer more of a generalized consulting service. It is more frequent that specialized consulting competitors are offering increased services.

Question #6: What type of training and experience did they receive prior to opening their company? Was it sufficient to run a good company? What other help did they recieve? What help or training would have been nice to have?

I am pursuing an MBA from Indiana Wesleyan University, and hold a degree from Indiana University. And between my associate and I, we have accumulated nearly 40 years of experience.

Our education and experience has been sufficient, but the industry keeps growing. To stay successful we continually strive to stay on top of the new concepts. Today's business is a learning business. Without continually adapting and increasing your knowledge and skills, you will become obsolete.

Unfortunately, time constraints on our schedules do limit the training that we perform. Several great conferences were held in the last year that I would like to have attended.

Question #7: If you had to do it all over again, would you still pick the same company type? Why or Why Not?

Yes, even if it all ended today, I would be very proud of my progress. This company developed from a small website, and continues to grow.

Question #8: What does it take to be a successful business owner?
So be a successful business owner you have to be a leader. Business owners accepts the fact that failures happen. So far, I've had more failures that I have had successes, but with a committment to my organization and a committment to my associates and workforce, I lead our company. We provide passion in business, and we need to be able to perform passionately to sell our service.

Hope this helps, and best of luck to you Nathan.

Sincerely,

Matthew Quasebarth, Quasebarth Advantage Business Consulting[/i]