PDA

View Full Version : Please help

protodea
11-16-2005, 06:43 PM
I have run a number of businesses online and the hardest part for me is always getting people to the site. There is always something to sell, or some way to make money, but getting people to check it out is a huge chore. I'm sure this is the hard part for everyone but does anyone have any good tips or comments for me? Espeically if you are a good sales guy or gal. Thanks.

hostedconcepts
04-27-2006, 02:46 AM
What's your industry?

Much depends on that.

the_host
05-14-2006, 08:44 PM
Google Adwords is the easiest, though not cheapest, way.
Have you tried that or any other PPC program?

didi123
05-24-2006, 09:53 AM
I would also try smaller search engines lilke kanoodle, ask.com. And in addition to google there is msn and yahoo

Web_Management_Group
07-13-2006, 09:19 AM
Hello Protodea!

PPC and SEO are what you're looking for, in case you didn't already know. Depending on your industry, PPC may be a viable form of advertising, though for low-end products it seldom is.
I usually counsel people to start with a modest PPC campaign, which you monitor regularly to make sure that there is actually a positive ROI (but in order to do this, you really need to spend the time learning about how PPC campaigns work, otherwise you're going to end up throwing money out the window!)
Once the PPC campaign is up and running, start to learn how to do SEO. SEO is a long-term strategy that pays for itself many times over, but it takes awhile to see results! Also, because the Internet is a dynamic environment, one needs to keep up on the latest trends in SEO. A good rule of thumb is that, until you know what you are doing, don't read articles or forum/blog posts that are more than a year old--you'll just be wasting your time with outdated information!

danz
07-26-2006, 06:00 AM
Ya, what business are you into? If you need just traffic then there are various sources. But if you need people to join/sign up into your business opportunity then you may go in for quality leads.

Axmen
01-21-2014, 05:20 AM
Use social media, such as Facebook or Twitter.
When I was running a website I used a lot Facebook. I did a Like page on Facebook that I kept updated as much as I could.

What I highly recommend is that you try to get their attention by writing or that the ad is interesting.
There are websites that advertise for you, I don't know if there are any free ones. Maybe it is free ones but then you need earn some kind of points before you can advertise your page.

Good luck.
- Best regards, Axmen.

delusional
01-22-2014, 05:14 AM
If it's just hits you want, try hitleap. They basically just automate people visiting your site. They won't click on any link though so if you want that, then it's a no-go.

Other ways are advertisement (if Google knows the address of your business, you will likely get coupons for advertisement budget), social media (but this really depends on the kind of business), getting your website linked to other websites, ...

fredkawig
01-22-2014, 07:03 AM
PTC sites or those sites which advertise for a few bucks like work at home sites. You can also post your website in forums such as this. You can also try social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and the like. Depending on the niche you have chosen, you should search the internet for good ways to attract customers depending on your niche. Use all available forms of advertisement whether online or offline, I'm sure people will check it out eventually.

oxpaulo
01-22-2014, 05:12 PM
My best advice for people just starting out is to write a list article and submit it anywhere you can. Fark, Digg, Reddit, etc. if people like it, the flood gates open.

smartmom
01-23-2014, 11:50 AM
I blog at least three times a week and link my blog to my website. I also use forums that do not mind me posting my link to my business. I use social media to post links to my website. You can also join a lot of free advertisement groups for businesses on Facebook. I am probably a member of a bout a hundred. Business is very competitive today and we just have to go the extra mile. Have you tried paid advertising. Try using Google to advertise your business and work on SEO. There are even many free classified ad spaces out there. (Ebay has free classified ads)

jesseryjhon
01-24-2014, 03:28 AM
try search engine marketing, its a long term goal but very effective.

gHiros
01-24-2014, 07:19 PM
I have run a number of businesses online and the hardest part for me is always getting people to the site. There is always something to sell, or some way to make money, but getting people to check it out is a huge chore. I'm sure this is the hard part for everyone but does anyone have any good tips or comments for me? Espeically if you are a good sales guy or gal. Thanks.

Hey Protodea, it's been a while and I hope you're doing well w/ your online biz.

But your question is a good one ... and there are things you can do to increase traffic to your site.

You can try article marketing via Ezine Articles, or even leveraging Hub Pages. Both are free. You may also try your hand at crafting Press Releases for your sites. If your products and/or services are good and solves a particular problem for those visiting your site, then you may have a winner.

Good luck!

cpefley
01-24-2014, 08:55 PM
Using social media is a great start. StumbleUpon, Twitter, making a Facebook page, etc. might help you get some traffic to your site. Also, using ads on your site can help create a side income with PPC advertising, depending on what your site is actually about. Put your link in all of your signatures online and post often. It is hard to get traffic, but there are some sites that can help with that too.

oxpaulo
01-27-2014, 07:06 PM
Another great way to get traffic when first starting out is to rent an email list. Some of these services work very well like Rent-A-List.

nowicki2013
02-04-2014, 02:47 PM
The fastest way to get people to your website so you can make some sales is through paid advertising. If you don't have any money to spend on paid advertising then you can always get traffic by good SEO for your site. Actually, you should make your site SEO friendly either way but if you really focus on that first and foremost you will have great and free traffic.

caveman
02-05-2014, 06:25 AM
Create a Facebook page for your website. It helps ALOT. You can also set your Facebook page to target certain age groups, genders, or location which you could definitely use it as an advantage. You could also pay influential bloggers to write about the products you are selling.

meboss
06-12-2016, 07:45 PM
Establish an online marketing strategy and set goals.
Utilize organic, paid advertising and social media marketing.
Every business has to market itself all the time, it never stops.
The difference between a business and a thought is execution.
Steve Wozniak actually developed the computer which started Apple, but Steve Jobs delivered on execution and turned it into a business.
Good luck.

ronniewill
06-13-2016, 04:21 AM
Do proper SEO of your website especially On-Page and Off-Page SEO but a quality one.
Then go for Social Media Marketing of your businesses. It will help you.

essencepk
12-16-2019, 01:49 AM
Its depend upon your industry