PDA

View Full Version : Merchant CC Payment - Paypal, authorize, 2checkout

KuJaX
11-28-2005, 09:58 PM
Hey Everyone,

I was curious if you could give some input on what you have found to be the best merchant account suited for you and what your specific type needs are.

I am talking about accepting credit cards via you or your company's website only.

I know that each have their various rates, different chargeback policys and "hidden fee's".

Also, if you have enjoyed the service of authorize.net, who is your or the best reseller and what percentage rate do you pay for Visa/Master/Amex/Discover?

DISCUSS

mikelada
11-30-2005, 12:04 PM
I have been in the bankcard business for 5 years and i still am....i have worked for several different companies and and sold several different gateways....authorize.net is by far the best way to go...it is the best gateway on the market right now. Do a google search on it and you will get almost all positive feedback.

As far as rates and fees go it all evens out...i have worked for 4 different companies and yeah the rates and fees are different but it all just about evens out....let me explain myself...

Everyone in the msp industry gets charged the same price for a transaction...you may see a company who offers a very low discount rate and trans fee but have service fees and a higher statement fee than the company with a little bit higher discount rate. Therefore you end up paying about the same amount in the end.....maybe a five dollar difference. When you are shopping for a merchant provider you want to shop for the company not the rates...with credit cards you can pick 2 of 3 choices

1) Quality product- there are companies out there who have lost transactions, or there service is down all the time therefore the merchant loses money or cant take money

2) Customer service- if something does happen or go wrong you need to make sure that you can get ahold of someone to correct the problem promptly

3) Then there is price- this is what everyone seems to concentrate on not thinking about the other 2. There are so many credit card companies out there and as we all know alot of fraud....when shopping for an msp you need to get some background on the company and make sure the company has good customer support and a good reputation. I mean saving 5-10 bucks a month is nice but it only takes one time of losing a whole days transactions for some people to lose thousands of dollars...then that 5-10 bucks a month just put them $10,000 in the hole

I hope everyone reads this and understands this because i talk to people everyday about setting up an account and all they want to hear is price price price when in all actuallity that is probably the least important part of accepting credit cards

Anyone who has any questions or needs some advice on merchant accounts please ask. I would hate for some of you people go out of business over such a small thing.

MrRick
12-16-2005, 09:09 PM
I have been in the bankcard business for 5 years and i still am....i have worked for several different companies and and sold several different gateways....authorize.net is by far the best way to go...it is the best gateway on the market right now. Do a google search on it and you will get almost all positive feedback.

As far as rates and fees go it all evens out...i have worked for 4 different companies and yeah the rates and fees are different but it all just about evens out....let me explain myself...

Everyone in the msp industry gets charged the same price for a transaction...you may see a company who offers a very low discount rate and trans fee but have service fees and a higher statement fee than the company with a little bit higher discount rate. Therefore you end up paying about the same amount in the end.....maybe a five dollar difference. When you are shopping for a merchant provider you want to shop for the company not the rates...with credit cards you can pick 2 of 3 choices

1) Quality product- there are companies out there who have lost transactions, or there service is down all the time therefore the merchant loses money or cant take money

2) Customer service- if something does happen or go wrong you need to make sure that you can get ahold of someone to correct the problem promptly

3) Then there is price- this is what everyone seems to concentrate on not thinking about the other 2. There are so many credit card companies out there and as we all know alot of fraud....when shopping for an msp you need to get some background on the company and make sure the company has good customer support and a good reputation. I mean saving 5-10 bucks a month is nice but it only takes one time of losing a whole days transactions for some people to lose thousands of dollars...then that 5-10 bucks a month just put them $10,000 in the hole

I hope everyone reads this and understands this because i talk to people everyday about setting up an account and all they want to hear is price price price when in all actuallity that is probably the least important part of accepting credit cards

Anyone who has any questions or needs some advice on merchant accounts please ask. I would hate for some of you people go out of business over such a small thing.

Thank you for the info. I personally ended up going with Quickbooks Merchant services as i was attracted to the ease and conveinence of the whole program. Im Hoping i made a good decision, but all the feedback i have read has been, for the most part, positive!

KenB
01-13-2006, 08:35 AM
Wow, I just joined this forum and noticed this post. I just set up our account with Paypal a month ago and they were very hard to get set up with. I thought it would be easier as I have used them for a year personaly thru e-bay. We did look into authorize.net, but the fees seemed to be high.

As for now we are up and running with paypay accepting all major CC's.

Good luck with your venture.

Kenb

cmoazz
02-28-2006, 08:04 PM
Hey im completely new here, but I figured I should add my .02

I used paypal for my online business, and I hope the company gets sued, they allow all chargebacks and never defend the buyer.

Anyway I left paypal as soon as I could, searching for a new merchant and cart system was very hard, but I believe I found the best ones for me. Coolcart.net has a very flexible HTML based cart system simular to paypals but with more features. As far as merchants, I went with a personal friend I know who offers great rates. If your interested in my merchant give me your email so I can refer you, you wont be disappointed.

cognitivechaos
03-25-2006, 10:46 PM
I used paypal for my online business, and I hope the company gets sued, they allow all chargebacks and never defend the buyer.

:? Don't you want a MSP that protects the seller -- i.e., you? :lol:

usabankaccount
03-31-2006, 01:34 AM
Well buyer and seller should have equal rights. But on paypal they dont.

I had a problem year ago. I was selling laptops on eBay and cell phones, and one person came to me interested in buying 1 laptop and 1 cell phone. He had 300+ positive feedbacks and I felt that i can trust him....
He told me his uncle would pay for the items he bought and that he always did it like this. We agreed on the price and he made the payment to my paypal account. I withdrew the money and shipped the goods to him.

In 3-4 days I got replay from him that he received the items and that all is fine but 1 month after that on my paypal I got dispute from the buyer's uncle. He was asking all money back. I forwarded all emails to paypal and 1 day after that they close the dispute and put negative balance on my account, asking me to pay the money back! They didnt care that I sent the items to the buyer. So my lost was $3500 :(

BusinessMan
03-31-2006, 02:22 AM
In this case usabankaccount you took a risk: selling to someone who overtly used a third party's account. That will be against the PayPal T&C and is something I certainly wouldn't have done.

However, your general point of view is widely shared, in that the PayPal 'dispute' procedure is badly lacking in terms of support for the merchant (you). This is one of a number of reasons why we don't use it.

thongvua
04-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Well buyer and seller should have equal rights. But on paypal they dont.

I had a problem year ago. I was selling laptops on eBay and cell phones, and one person came to me interested in buying 1 laptop and 1 cell phone. He had 300+ positive feedbacks and I felt that i can trust him....
He told me his uncle would pay for the items he bought and that he always did it like this. We agreed on the price and he made the payment to my paypal account. I withdrew the money and shipped the goods to him.

In 3-4 days I got replay from him that he received the items and that all is fine but 1 month after that on my paypal I got dispute from the buyer's uncle. He was asking all money back. I forwarded all emails to paypal and 1 day after that they close the dispute and put negative balance on my account, asking me to pay the money back! They didnt care that I sent the items to the buyer. So my lost was $3500 :(

Hi, I'm in the same situation as yours, I received my payment, withdrawed it then sent my item then 2 weeks later I received an email from paypal informed me that I got a dispute, that the buyer paypal account was hacked and a -$3,495 charge back appears on my balance. the buyer contacted to me buy the email he registered for paypal account ( that was the email he registered for ebay to buy my item too), the only thing is the shipping address is not confirmed, and when I called paypal they said even if it was a confirmed address they will only credit me $1000 for the seller protection program, so technically if you want to deal wif paypal then : 1- confirmed address, 2- the value of transaction is not over $1000 ... I mean what the heck is this , I couldnt do anything about this, they went ahead and told me without any hestitation that I owed them $3495, they do not even consider the case, I asked the representative if paypal is doing investigation about this case, he said yes, then I asked for the phone # of the investigation department to give them detail information then he said no, I'm not allowed to call their investigation department !!!!. Now they're sending me emails asking to zero my balance every single weeks ... I'm too mad to think about paying them for their mistake, can you guys give me some recommendations if it's good or bad to not pay them ? What can they really do to me about this ? I would really appreciate your help. Thanks

BusinessMan
04-20-2006, 08:59 AM
This is so common.

PayPal's dispute procedure is simply a poor experience in itself. It frustrated the hell out of us when we used to have to use it. Compared to others, their overall approach to merchants when there is an issue is also very poor indeed.

Frankly, the best thing you can do, is simply move on. Find another provider, as we did. They are not all the same, and for serious merchants, I would definitely advise staying clear of PayPal.

thongvua
04-20-2006, 01:57 PM
This is so common.

PayPal's dispute procedure is simply a poor experience in itself. It frustrated the hell out of us when we used to have to use it. Compared to others, their overall approach to merchants when there is an issue is also very poor indeed.

Frankly, the best thing you can do, is simply move on. Find another provider, as we did. They are not all the same, and for serious merchants, I would definitely advise staying clear of PayPal.

Thank you very much for replying to my post ... but my situation is that I'm in debt of $3495 with paypal ... they're allowing 120 days to pay off the debt ... and I wonder what is going to happen to me once I don't pay this debt to them ? What can they really do to me and how bad it is ... can you give me some recommendation ? Thanks

mikka254
01-28-2014, 05:47 AM
I have read a lot of complaints about paypal. Some of these complaints are exaggerated. What you need to understand is that you require two things from a payment processor. Account security and low transaction fees. Paypal has both. I would suggest Paypal any day of the week for all your buying and selling on-line.

themusicchamber
01-28-2014, 07:16 AM
I have seen many people using PayPal on their website, if you are having small transaction, then using PayPal is good because it is free and easy to use. BUt this is having large transaction fee around 4% though it is still less that some free basic payment gateway charging 6.5% fee.

novasparker
01-28-2014, 12:28 PM
There are a lot of merchant account providers out there that can service your needs. Which provider offers the best service is going to be dependent on what your business is and what your anticipated volume is going to be . Authorize.net and Paypal are the best for eBay sellers. eBay is already optimized for these merchant service providers and each can be easily integrated into their system. Indepedent sellers and retail merchants have a much larger pond to pull from. First Data is a good provider. They are actually the number one merchant account provider company in the US. Check them out and see if they have what you are looking for. It will be more expensive per transaction than sticking with an aggregator like Paypal or Square, but for high volume accounts they can wind up being less expensive over time.

adamthiel
07-15-2018, 10:26 PM
I would love to try Ikajo International, thanks for the share.

jeffreyteller@outlook.com
07-17-2018, 11:32 AM
Hey Kujax, there are various merchant services companies out there but you need to make sure you look at the rates. Some rates are higher for Amex and Discover cards. I do small business loans as well if you know anyone in need of financing for their established business.

onlinebiz1
08-07-2018, 05:37 PM
We used PaySwift - https://www.payswift.co/ - and it was the simplest payment platform ever. Highly recommend. You just need a Stripe account to use it.

ystelecom
04-02-2019, 09:40 AM
Hi all,

i am new member in this community Greetings to everyone,
me and my company is into Low Medium and High risk Merchant accounts with Low MDR where we nearly accept all verticals.

connect with me via Skype:-shantanu.9999@outlook.com
email:-shantanu.9999@outlook.com

mayoskinclinic
04-02-2019, 12:26 PM
thanks for sharing with us