PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Topics removed

Botaniex
12-14-2005, 06:27 PM
Hi, I'm a small business owner and posted several Ads in the Advertising Column. However, they were removed the next day by the Administrator or somhow I don't know. But I'm sure they were posted and disappeared the next day.

Did I violate any rules here? I didn't put them anywhere but the Advertising Colum. I've send emails to Administator, but no reply. Anyone here has any idea?

Thanks,
Botaniex

BusinessMan
12-15-2005, 02:37 AM
Dozens of posts are removed every day, because dozens of people pop in here with sole intention of dropping links and adverts. If we didn't delete this rubbish the forum would be worthless.

Common reasons for deletions:
- the post includes a link
- the post is an advert (and we will probably delete the ad forum soon because it encourages this)
- the post basically says 'contact me' (ie: an advert)
- the post says nothing of value
- the post is incomprehesnible, or not in English
- the post is duplicated in more than one forum
- the post is off-topic

This is a small business discussion forum, not an advertising board. If your sole reason to be here is to advertise your business try somewhere else instead. There are plenty of advertising places around: and because they accept straight adverts like that, most of them are valueless.

We must maintain the standards here, which means give and take. In other words, try to think more about what you can offer the community in terms of opinion and information, rather than what you can take, in terms of free advertising.

I hope this helps.

Jan

editorfcm
12-17-2005, 02:23 AM
Hi Jan

I've not posted any dvertising on this forum but I think that it's not such a bad thing.

I am a member of [Ad copy removed] forum and I have to say it is one of the best forums around. I have met lots of people and we have some great fun. Posts are replied to promptly and the forum is very active. This is all down to being able to have a bit of freedom. They have a Special Offer's section and you can advertise your business in there. I have had some great deals and I've also got some business from it. This makes me go to the forum each and every day because of the activity.

You have a Advertising section and any form of advert should be placed in there. Yes some people will join this forum with the intention of advertising but they may also start to hang around and lets face it there isn't much activity going on in this forum is it (don't mean for that to be rude or anything. I mean it in the nicest possible way).

I bet most people in this forum are small businesses all wanting to tell us about their website and services but will soon leave this forum to if they cannot acheive this.

Once again I hope I haven't come across as rude. Beleive me that is not my intention :lol:

Regards

Chris

BusinessMan
12-17-2005, 03:38 AM
It's interesting that your reply, Editorfcm, had an advertising link in the sig, and had advertising copy for another forum in the message.

Regardless, our policy will not change, as it is the correct one. Yes, we have left it for a couple of days in the past previously: every thread becomes full of junk posts... simply adverts (people "wanting to tell us about their website and services"). The forum rapidly becomes totally useless to anyone seriously wishing to discuss small business issues.

That is the purpose of this site: a forum to discuss business issues. Again, it is NOT an advertising forum. If you are not happy with that, you should definitely return to the advertising free-for-all from whence you came.