PDA

View Full Version : Please, HELP ME to write a letter

Noella
12-21-2005, 01:19 AM
Dear friends,

I am from Russia and I need to write a letter to our foreign supplier.
The problem is that I do not know England tradition and joke.
The topic of the letter is that we ask our supplier to send us New Year gifts, such as corporate pens, diaries, and the like. Because they have many clients and nothing else but forget about some of them.

I don no how to write that the letter should be joky and playful with a hint.

DEar native-speaker! I will be VERY VERY grateful to you all!!!!

scsher29
12-23-2005, 11:27 AM
HI, try something like this:

To Whom it May Concern:

Our company wishes you the very best during this holiday season. Please help us to spread the holiday cheer to others by donating any amount of pens, diaries, stationary for the office, etc. with your company logo to be distributed to our fine and hardworking employees. Any amount would be greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful Holiday and a very Happy New Year!

Sincerely,

(Your name or company name)

scsher29
12-23-2005, 11:40 AM
Oh! By the way,

If you know the name of the person you are sending the letter to such as the manger, vice president of company, etc. it is better to write their name in stead of the "To WHom it may Concern". It makes the letter more personal.

Hope this helps!

joelblackbourne
07-26-2006, 07:56 AM
The promotional items are usually used for distribution to local customers to raise awareness.

I suggest you write in the best English you can muster, it sounds better in fact if you have some grammatical errors. You are allowed that because you are Russian.

Dear Mr xxx,

During the Glasnost era, the shelves in the shops look like this... (show a photo). We always asked suppliers for pens and promotional items so that we can work.

Now, things are different. the shelves in Russia look like this ... (show full shelves). We kindly request promotional items for giveaway so that your customers remember you during Christmas, and will think of you instead of other suppliers when they drink their vodka and eat their christmas (name of Russian dish).

nowicki2013
02-04-2014, 03:00 PM
If you need to write a letter you can always just Google "online translation software" and it'll translate any text for you. You can also use a micro job site like Odesk or Elance and you can hire someone to do it for you. It'll probably only cost you a couple bucks and you can have anything translated for you that you want to. Either way, there are a lot of options on the internet.

Auror
02-12-2014, 04:30 AM
Dear foreign supplier,

It has come to our attention that we have ran out of corporate pens. We use these pens a lot to scribble on some of our diaries. It seems that our creative juices kept on flowing this month. Come to think of it, we have also run dry on diaries and bond paper. Though we are an eco-friendly company and we want to minimize the use of paper, we still need diaries and bond paper.

Thank you and more power!

Sincerely,

Me

printer
10-29-2014, 02:51 AM
My suggestion to you is try to use simple and best English.

Terry Hopper
11-05-2014, 03:45 AM
Please use the template and take help from Google. I think you will find from here. Good luck.