PDA

View Full Version : Opinions about a business name

davidans
12-24-2014, 05:08 AM
Hi,
We are about to open a local gym for women only.
What do you think about the name "Pink Lady"?
Imagine it with a logo based on apple symbol (looks a little like Apple)
Thanks in advance!
David

Ana36
12-24-2014, 01:19 PM
Hello everyone. I am newbie here i would like to learn new things and share my personal experiences with you...I graduated on e- business and i am very interested in starting my own business. Thanks in advance for your posts and useful things.

Lipipaliwal
12-27-2014, 05:46 AM
Hello everyone. I am newbie here i would like to learn new things and share my personal experiences with you...I graduated on e- business and i am very interested in starting my own business. Thanks in advance for your posts and useful things.

Well, it sounds good that you desire to learn new things about eCommerce business. According to my personal experience, I would like to suggest you some blog, that are:
1. New e commerce business ideas (http://nationkart.com/new-e-commerce-business-ideas/)
2. Tools for designing logo online and how you can get copy right of logo (http://nationkart.com/tools-designing-logo-online-can-get-copy-right-logo/)
3. How to start ecommerce business in India (http://nationkart.com/how-to-start-e-commerce-business-in-india/)
If you have any query, then you can simply contact with me at: nationkart@gmail.com without any hesitation.

PaulGuilleminotDesign
12-27-2014, 06:47 AM
Hi David,

Congrats on starting your business! You must be excited.

From a marketing standpoint, the name "Pink Lady" doesn't tell the consumer what kind of business it is. You may also run into trouble if someone takes this to mean that it caters to caucasian females only. I'm sure that's not your intent, but you have to be careful that people do not misinterpret it.

Using anything that resembles the Apple logo may also be asking for trouble as they are widely know by that image.

I would firstly recommend that you come up with a list of alternative names (say five?) and circulate them to as many female family members and friends that you can for their opinion. Secondly, once you've settled on a name, consult a Graphic Designer that can work with you in coming up with a logo that you'll be proud to show off (and keep the lawyers away, lol).

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Paul

James E. Waters
03-05-2015, 01:29 AM
Its a nice name for your gym.....if you not satisfied with this name, you can search online or read any magazine.

jackpeterson
04-16-2015, 03:01 AM
congratulations on starting business. image should be reconsidered as apple is known for its brand name.

Robert01
06-10-2015, 04:08 AM
I can give you another beautiful name (although I shouldn't gave it for free). Here's the name
"female
apple"
The "le" part will be single. Both "fema" and "app" will share it. first I thought about Ma'apple(Ma'am and apple) but that sound's weird.

InstinctiveEntrepreneur
06-12-2015, 07:31 AM
I feel your pain really, company names are something that can make your head spin! Have you found yourself over analyzing all the possibilities so far that your miles away form the point? I've been there; many times.

I like pink lady, it's weird with an apple, unless it's done in a way that makes the apple very abstract - if done right - then it could be good.

My opinion is if you're not sure. Wait. And stop thinking. Because if you're asking us then you're not sure.

One day very soon the name of your company will hit you like a ton of bricks from no where and you'll sigh in complete relief. Maybe sitting in the car. Or eating a sandwich, boom - you'll just know what you would like to call your business. It's also your business and no one can help in my opinion... Because you need to be passionate about it. Passion will only come from you, because its you that this is most important to. And if your not passionate. It wont work.

cwvps
07-08-2015, 10:14 AM
Paul is completely right.
I would maybe go with Strong Lady, because nowadays everything is about strength, especially with women. In any case, make a list and ask women for opinion. Good luck!

Hi David,

Congrats on starting your business! You must be excited.

From a marketing standpoint, the name "Pink Lady" doesn't tell the consumer what kind of business it is. You may also run into trouble if someone takes this to mean that it caters to caucasian females only. I'm sure that's not your intent, but you have to be careful that people do not misinterpret it.

Using anything that resembles the Apple logo may also be asking for trouble as they are widely know by that image.

I would firstly recommend that you come up with a list of alternative names (say five?) and circulate them to as many female family members and friends that you can for their opinion. Secondly, once you've settled on a name, consult a Graphic Designer that can work with you in coming up with a logo that you'll be proud to show off (and keep the lawyers away, lol).

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Paul

Geethan
04-29-2020, 05:43 AM
The name is NOT important.
Don't break your head over it. Just don't take a name that's hard to pronounce, too far-fetched or too complicated to remember. Keep it short and simple. Once it's chosen, you'll get quickly used to it and so will your customers.
Don't search for it too long. A good name will not get you one extra customer.

What really matters are the four P's:

Place/Place/Place/Place (meaning: the location of your company, preferrably where lots of people can see it)

Sorry, I can't give you ideas as I don't know anything about the activities of your company.

Geetha
02-26-2021, 12:06 AM
Explain why the change was necessary. Share how long the process took and how many names you went through to get there. If applicable, share that they've been professionally derived and vetted and you feel very excited about the new company/product name. It's a new era and you're thrilled to let them in early on.

lishmaliny
02-26-2021, 05:35 AM
A good name:
Conveys a message about fitness and health.
Gives a hint to strong muscles, a big body, and gym equipment.
Attracts the attention of customers.
Tell the customer about the broad view of the club.

belljons
02-26-2021, 06:08 AM
Your customers or investors fluency with the name you choose to give your business can make a huge difference when it comes to the ultimate success of your overall venture. ... discovered stocks with easier to pronounce names outperformed those with names more difficult to pronounce

Geetha
02-27-2021, 12:29 AM
Before naming your business learn why bad company names can ... to thoroughly gather and assess feedback about their naming decision.

Bigil
02-27-2021, 06:47 AM
congratulations on starting business. image should be reconsidered as apple is known for its brand name.

Bigil
03-12-2021, 11:36 PM

Bigil
03-22-2021, 09:27 AM
Keep it short and simple. Once it's chosen, you'll get quickly used to it and so will your customers.
Don't search for it too long. A good name will not get you one extra customer.

lishmaliny
03-22-2021, 11:22 PM
Your customers or investors fluency with the name you choose to give your business can make a huge difference when it comes to the ultimate success of your overall venture. discovered stocks with easier to pronounce names outperformed those with names more difficult to pronounce.

Geetha
03-23-2021, 02:20 AM
For my name ideas, I focused on creating names that appeal to customer values using words like: Best, Ranking, Stars. A business name that lets your customer know what solutions you provide or the core values your business hold is a great way to make your business appear trustworthy and relevant.