PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Design Clients

grafikrtist
01-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Hi my name is Tony and I am a graphic designer with 7 years experience. My services include corporate identity material, brochures, posters, cd's, menus, flyers, packaging and book jackets. I have some big company's as clients as well as some smaller companies. I want to build my clientele and was wondering who will bite first the bigger or smaller companies. Anyone have any ideas or answers. Feel free to let me know.

Thank you

qaconsulting
01-10-2006, 11:30 PM
Keep in mind that many large companies handle design in-house or send it to a large firm to handle all of the development. Small business seem to be in need of design services the most, but often lack the capital to have anyone besides their cousin ray to do their cards. With this in mind, I would argue that the best target market for your business are organizations between 10 to 50 employees. These usually carry enough money in their budget to hire an outside consultant.

Feel free to email me if you would like to discuss options further,

Matthew Quasebarth, Quasebarth Advantage Consulting

ladydia45
03-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Is your marketing plan to get any business or are you trying to target your customer? I think, personally, that the small business owner is your best bet because they will understand more your situation and they will also appreciate and help you build your business if you give them good service. Small business owners tend to congregate together, so if you find one influential company or person, you may find yourself with a whole host of new business very rapidly.

While in a larger business, most of that is thru what i call the corporate runaround situation.. groups, meetings, budgets, discussions, etc etc. While it can pay off, you can also spend a lot of time planning for what does not happen. However, having a known brand name big client does a lot for your business rep so I guess its kinda a toss up.

I believe I would work with small companys myself.

profitxchange
03-14-2006, 10:09 AM
Go for the smaller business as the earlier post suggested.

Be very focussed with your sales pitch. What will your input do for the bottom line! Small business are very cautious about "GOOD DESIGN" because they don't know what it is!

You need to put together a bottom line pitch in which your fees becom a no brainer in relation to the business benefit. You need to do the translation, do not expect the SME to do it.

Have you got case studies? where the impact was clearly seen!

Look around at local co's catalogues, stationery, advertising etc - critique it and then list what you would do and the benefit it would have - then approach the business with all your research. Sounds heavyweight but it isn't and your conversion rate will improve.

One SME a colleague GD worked with did a 10k makeover, to reposition the co in a different league gave them an extra 600k in 12m!

printer
07-23-2014, 07:39 AM
First of all you will have to focus on smaller leads then at your sales side.Also take care about local advertising and promotions.

mayoskinclinic
03-06-2019, 04:40 AM
thanks for sharing with us