PDA

View Full Version : Tech info for small business owners

seefyeno
09-09-2004, 01:26 PM
I heard about this technology-related event that might be of interest to small business owners, if they live around New York.

It's taking place on October 14 from 2-7, 15 and 16 from 11am to 7, and Sunday the 17th from 10 to 4pm. at the Javits Center in Manhattan. It's called Digital Life-- it seems like it's kinda in a similar vein to something like CES. You get a chance to see a bunch of new tech products early, and you can compare them in an environment where you have access to a bunch of tech experts.

More importantly, though, there will be workshops and tech speakers, that might be helpful for business owners, like "Build your home network," "Going Digital at Work," "Staying connected in your Digital Life," "How to Set up a Secure Home Wireless Network," etc. Plus there's promotional stuff like prize drawings and some musical artists.

As I understand it, the tickets also get you into Game On NY (an electronic gaming conference) and the CMJ Music Marathon. It's pretty cheap-- adults $12/ students and seniors $8, plus there's a discount for certain commuters (but if you buy them late the price goes up).

Anyway, it seemed like something folks might be interested in-- I'm looking into going down if I can manage it.

-s

Jade456
09-30-2004, 02:16 AM
Sounds like you will be working the show......I've attended CES, what you are describing is anything but. An hour seminar will NOT prepare you to properly set up encryption on your wireless network if you don't already possess some technical expertise. Sounds like it could be fun, though. After all, who doesn't like seeing the newest gadgets? :) If you want to preview the newest computer stuff, go to tom's hardware.com They always have good reviews and purchase suggestions.

printer
08-13-2014, 01:06 AM
Thanks for sharing this useful information.Hope it will help small business people.