PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a company name

micha
01-24-2006, 11:47 PM
Hi all,

I'm starting a new webdesign company, but I haven't found a good company name. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

The public I would like to reach are small to medium businesses who don't have a website yet (no redesigning). I focus on only on webdesign, and not hosting, marketing,...
The product I'm selling - designing - implementing is a CMS (Content Management System) so the customer can add - remove content himself.

(As a temporary name I'm using Spindesign, but this name has no meaning at all)

thundershine
02-01-2006, 01:26 AM
name be I-X or I-X2
you will be noticed

Shine

Tiffani
02-25-2006, 06:13 AM
Micha sounds good for me. U need somthing short and easy for memorized.

manus
02-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Koba design

GoBlueFan
03-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Micha,

Just some ideas. I haven't seen any names on here that really tell people WHAT your company does...and if I was looking for someone to design a web site, I would look at the name first. I think the idea that the business owner can change and edit their own content is very valuable. After all, they aren't in business for themselves to have some one else in control!!

New4You Website Development
You Control Your Website
Owner Controlled Website Develpment :lol:
New Business Website Development

myx20022002
03-06-2006, 03:32 AM
:x

Some name just like "RR design" is compatible.
You should use simple name especially in IT field.

Gipper
01-30-2014, 05:49 PM
Hi Micha!

I learned that the business name should instantly tell people the type of business you are offering. That way when they come across it on the website in their search, they will know you are a web designer. Also the name should tell the web crawlers the same thing. For example your name could be "Spin's Website Design.com or Website Designs by Spin.com"" Its simple and tells people and the web crawlers what and who you are. Hope that helps!

delusional
01-31-2014, 12:53 AM
There was a topic about business names on this forum a few days ago. The person gave tips and tricks on how he determined the best company name for a specific field of business. We also posted a lot of other tips and tricks in that topic. I can't seem to find it right away but maybe you can find it.

jfab
03-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Use Google AdWords if possible to check for competition on words. It's best that your business name is easy to be searched by prospective clients. And it's best if it's SEO friendly too.

DomDom
03-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Hi Micha!

I learned that the business name should instantly tell people the type of business you are offering. That way when they come across it on the website in their search, they will know you are a web designer. Also the name should tell the web crawlers the same thing. For example your name could be "Spin's Website Design.com or Website Designs by Spin.com"" Its simple and tells people and the web crawlers what and who you are. Hope that helps!

Agreed, just make a spin on the design name and youll be fine :)

MrBomber
06-15-2014, 08:50 AM
BrainDamage - nice name for me :)

MADY111
10-10-2015, 10:16 PM
Hiii budy, if you want the name of the company then you can easily google it you will many company name which will be useful for you.

Zimmy
05-22-2016, 07:26 AM
naming web design companies is fun because artistic business like that don't need a name that makes sense. Just create an awesome logo and brand around the name.

premiumVPN
05-22-2016, 09:29 AM
If you have any name in mind, you can check that on Company Directories to make sure that the name doesn't exist already. If you want to have ideas on the names, then you can browse the list of companies in your country to see the existing names.

Besides the above, people generally name their company based on an auspicious word or on the products and services offered by them or the industry they will work in.

outsourcingangel
08-07-2018, 09:42 PM
This may help. Please watch

https://youtu.be/uxCk1KLTz8s

amayajace
10-18-2019, 04:07 AM
Step 1: Go to the MCA website.
Step 2: Go to 'MCA Services' tab. In the drop-down click on 'View Company/LLP Master Data'.
Step 3: Enter the companies CIN. Enter the captcha code. Click on 'Submit'.

Lilykevin86
05-22-2021, 12:30 AM
Consider what you need the name to pass on. Conceptualize potential names. Keep the name short, straightforward, simple to compose, and simple to recollect. Keep away from names that are excessively thin or excessively exacting. Keep away from choices by board of trustees, yet make certain to test your name with others. Keep away from plain words. Be cautious with geographic names.