PDA

View Full Version : Premade Website templates

wquartner
02-08-2006, 06:30 PM
I am planning on opening an online glassware boutique and I lack the skills to design my own web page. As a result, I am considering trying out one of those "make your website in 5 minutes" sites (ie turnkey). I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these and what the pros and cons are versus paying someone to design a website for me. Thanks.

oxygenmedia
02-08-2006, 08:45 PM
If your going to have an online shop i suggest you get a web designer who knows what they are doing, rather than doing it yourself.

An online shop needs to have security - people wont buy if there is no security when using their credit cards.

It also makes your shop look professional, rather than one of those templates that everyone else has.

i have quite a few people come to me because they tried to do it themselves and couldnt understand the code or soemthing wouldnt work etc.

Maybe because i am a web designer, i feel this way, though im sure people will tend to agree.

02-13-2006, 09:13 AM
Hi there,

My comment on this is, if you don't know what you are doing and it is for something serious like making money at a business, have a pro do it. There are many reasons for this, ranging from keeping things secure, optimized for web search engines, and setting up on a platform that is scalable and flexible.

Good luck,

sdizier
02-17-2006, 02:41 PM
First off I want to say that I have hired a custom designer for my online business and now have my own site (total cost so far, not including updates $14,000) but this was only after I had my business online for a while. Why did I do this?

1. Hiring a developer is expensive and if you do not know what to expect this may be a risky step

2. I was not sure if my business was going to succeed online.

3. I also need to gage how much it was going to cost to market my site.

So I used a website builder to start my business online. I believe it was around 20 or so bucks a month about a year ago. It had great tools and inventory control features but most importantly (for me anyways) it had a direct interface to eBay so I could also submit all my products to eBay in mass.

I believe the best way to go at first is with a website builder, the cost is so much less.

BTW, I know nothing about design and programming so using a web builder made the most sense

eurbanz
02-21-2006, 12:07 AM
First off I want to say that I have hired a custom designer for my online business and now have my own site (total cost so far, not including updates $14,000)

Hi Friends,

I do not know what your design involves sdizier but I can say that $14,000 is just a big amount to spend on web designing. I run a Web Development Company in India (http://www.eurbanz.com) and I think that you could have saved at least $10,000 if you would have outsourced the job to India. :wink:

sdizier has a good point there that wquartner could go for a DIY website builder but it could have its own ills as well. A bad design could lead to bad sales/conversions leading to procrastination.

So, wquartner, I don't know your initial budget and other details but it will be in the best interest of your business if you go for a professional web site designer. To go easy on your pockets you can outsource the work to India - you won't believe the prices for which you could have your own custom built website!

Good Luck, 8)

02-21-2006, 12:40 AM
Dear Sir
Here we are Introducing a new software with the help of which you will be able to place your Video Profile. An example of it is shown below :
http://video.myvideointro.com/

click on the link & you will find that it provide a Video Recording of 90 seconds.
In this way you can add your video in your profile

MLeoCasas
01-28-2014, 09:31 AM
If the glassware boutique is a small, individually run craft-centric project then I'd have to disagree with the other posters here and say do it yourself. You can get low cost secured checkout on your site and the money you'll save makes it well worth the trouble of learning how to build your own site. Plus, web design is an incredibly marketable skill nowadays, so learning the basics is advisable regardless.

However, all that being said, if you're wholesaling this glassware or are looking to do business in quantity, then a designer would be your best bet. THe importance of professionalism for big businesses (current or prospective) can not be understated. While the $14,000 quoted above seems extremely high, I would definitely go in being prepared to spend a few grand.

Hope this helps, good luck!

swagger
01-28-2014, 10:19 AM
Just hire someone to design a website for you, it'd look much more professional. Creating a website with no skill is virtually impossible if you want it to look decent.

SimplySidy
01-28-2014, 11:12 AM
I am planning on opening an online glassware boutique and I lack the skills to design my own web page. As a result, I am considering trying out one of those "make your website in 5 minutes" sites (ie turnkey). I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these and what the pros and cons are versus paying someone to design a website for me. Thanks.

To your question of the pros and cons of the "make your website in 5 minutes" - well, these are easy to implement. That said, lets consider the fact that you are going to sell products on your website. So this means, in the do it in 5 minutes, you would not have flexibility. I mean, they would be predefined in requirements. Say for instance, you need your buyers to pay you via AlertPay or PayPal and the options on the site do not have them, so you would have either to leave them or adjust according to what they provide.

In my opinion, it would be best to find a Website Consultant and have a discussion with him/her to identify the feasibility of what you need, how much would it cost you and also other criteria. I dont think Consulting would be expensive. And once you have your requirements ready (I mean, technically in terms of what you might need) - you can - 1. Either opt for Hiring a Professional or 2. Use those Bidding Sites like rentacoder, odesk etc.

delusional
01-29-2014, 03:36 AM
Try to find a good host which has some kind of application portal. That way you can install Wordpress and a nice theme for your normal website. You can also install an online store (Magento, ...) for free using that same application portal. It's all very easy to set up and all very fast. This way you will always have control over your own website instead of having to contact a company to change one stupid line of text on your site.

CommunityCoin
03-07-2014, 04:04 PM
I don't know how big your business is but honestly I'm guessing you weren't planning on spending money for someone to build it for you. I would suggest either creating a wordpress.com blog or a wordpress.org one. The wordpress.com will be more expensive if you want to expand your abilities but wordpress.org requires quite a bit of researching to install various plugins and such. Hope this helps :)

cpefley
03-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Templates are great for making websites will little knowledge on how to create one yourself. In fact, simplicity is often appreciated by customers and clients. It also depends how interactive you need the site to be. If a template meets your needs, then I would definitely try that route first.

forumsite
08-05-2014, 04:09 AM
You can try creating your own website first. If it does not work then hire somebody to design it.

Innovation Cubed
06-26-2015, 10:23 PM
The 5-minute DIY offer some convenient tools, but if you are starting a business or wish to sell products, then you really should consider finding a web development company to build it for you or at least a tech person to advise you on what options to choose.

Good luck!

Zimmy
12-09-2016, 08:23 AM
You can get nice templates at sites like TemplateKid.com (http://www.TemplateKid.com) , but if you are going to have tons of products, it's worth it to hire a developer

EthanStark
12-09-2016, 02:58 PM
Web builders are basically a magic toolbox for non-web designers. What was once out of peopleís reach can now be grasped with just little effort. But there are things that web builders canít do that web designers can. The question now is, should you hire a web designer to make your website for you or just use a web builder and build it yourself?

Ethan Stark

Djsanderson
11-03-2018, 01:43 PM
I would suggest that you create a WordPress site using a reputable host. This is due to the large marketplace of plugins for wordpress and the ease of finding developers that could help you if you did need something minor. You will save a lot if you do as much as you can on your own before getting a developer. I've been building web sites since the late 90s and I've never seen a better platform.

I have detailed information on how to do this on my site here: https://2dnerds.wordpress.com/2018/11/03/build-a-web-site-without-code/

Save on Transfers
11-04-2018, 06:49 AM
Planning for a Website? You can do it on your own by the help of Wordpress or WIX. They are easy to use and have a template that you can choose from. But if you have a budget for web design then you can hire Web Developer, you can have freelancer individuals for you for a specified time and date.

abdulkaddir
04-24-2019, 12:44 AM
if you are planning this way, my suggestion would be hire a web designer.

Vancouverwe34
02-24-2021, 04:45 PM
These days, everything gets conveyed to your entryway, bathroom tissue, lunch, staple goods, furniture and even sleeping pads. It is presently an ideal opportunity to discuss the following large thing, weed conveyance (https://cannascore.net/weed-delivery-vancouver/) in Vancouver! A many individuals are asking, "Is this conceivable, is this legitimate?" and the appropriate response is yes.

You don't have to call "your person" or to go to a dispensary any longer! You can arrange weed on your telephone and get that weed conveyed straightforwardly to your entryway!