PDA

View Full Version : Best way to advertise an online literary editing business/service

Mikaela Pederson
06-13-2015, 01:19 PM
Hello, everyone! I am brand new here! I joined because I hoped to learn some things particularly about advertising and marketing.

I opened my literary editing business (I edit novels and more, mostly for authors who self-publish) in 2011 and have had decent to mild success since then. That was okay for me, because I was going to school and working part-time. Recently I've decided that I'm ready to make this my full-time, pays-all-the-bills job. I need to figure out how to find customers beyond the single forum I seem to get them from (KBoards, where writers who publish eBooks can chat and share ideas). While that site has been amazing for me, it's time to find others.

I've been trying to do research to find out where I should go to advertise my business, but with something as specific as mine, it's been next to impossible to find anything. I'd rather not spend a lot of money to begin with, but paid advertising is certainly not out of the question. Does anyone have any ideas? I am desperate!

Also, I have a great new website (my tech guy is in the process of working on SEO stuff, still) and a Facebook page.

CreativeITResources
06-19-2015, 09:15 AM
Hi Mikaela. I did a quick search on 'Book Writing' and there are lots of results with a few advertisements. Marketing comes in many forms and one that's important is building authority and in the same process promoting your blog, articles, tutorials, PDF's, etc. This content you promote should be to help those prepare for yours services. Look for the popular questions people ask and develop website content to answer them. Just like networking if you start a local business you want to do the same virtually and develop your internet presence. Also what medium do your potential clients digest most frequently? Are they are readers? Then offer more in writing. Are they visual? How about a video series to writing a book. Truly nail down who your avatar is and direction will come. For example, is your avatar a first time book writer who wants to self publish?

Knowing your avatar will also help you with advertising. If it's a first time book writer they are probably within a certain age. This will help you target demographics a little better.

I also saw a few forums. Go out there and ask your avatar what they need and what you can offer in order to prepare them for editing by an expert such as yourself.

Lastly, commit to it. Block out 30 minutes every day to network and socialize virtually. Have fun with it. You might find there are a number of other ways to monetize. For example a "write your first book" pdf, book or video series. You talk to enough people you'll see the patterns of interest.

Once you're comfortable with your avatar then you start advertising.

Affinity Loyalty
06-22-2015, 12:50 AM
There are many ways of Promoting and advertising your business like SEO,SMO,Digital Marketing,Content Marketing etc.
But one which comes handy to you is Digital Marketing.For this,all you need is creative writing skills which I'm sure you have.
You have to be active on social networking sites like Facebook,Linkedin,Twitter etc.
You have to engage with people in discussions,create discussions but keeping in mind that you shouldn't directly promote your business,otherwise,people would get aware of your intentions and they may not be interested in talking with you.
You have to be bit manipulative and have patience in youself as you may not get result in two or three week but it will work for sure.
I'm also an Intern in a startup doing Marketing of product and it's been 2 weeks,i haven't got any customer but soon i will got one.

Best of luck for the future :)

maryannfarrugia
09-21-2015, 12:52 AM
You can do social media marketing, social signal is on of the good example here. Use social media to post and share informative contents, share some good visual contents, make videos that can catch the eye of your targeted clients. And lastly, i agree to Affinity Loyalty. Being active in social media is a good way to advertise online and also you can talk to people in real time.

natalia88
09-21-2015, 01:13 AM
I think you have to try all popular marketing methods like Marketing through, Seo, Smo, E-mail marketing is very useful for you ( send direct mail to related clients). you also have to try other marketing tricks like marketing thorough banners, poster, news paper and also through a professional business cards.

SteveStrait
11-21-2016, 12:12 PM
Great looking and clean site.
Your domain name with the hyphens makes it a little hard to remember but that's minor.

I am not sure if you are only interested in larger projects (i.e. a whole novel).
Or you cater to smaller projects as well (like blog posts, articles, ebooks, etc)
Your pricing is affordable - so you would have no issues in getting small projects.

Have you considered marketplace sites for freelancers?
They can give you smaller sized projects in between the big ones to normalize your cashflow.
Check out Fiverr and Upwork.

For bigger projects, referrals are key.
From your site, you've worked with quite a number of authors already.
I am sure they are open to referring you to a few of their writer friends for work.

Good luck and keep on truckin!

jamiekfabela
04-26-2019, 06:03 AM
There are different ways to market your business online. So it all depends on the process which you follow. And do it in the right way.

Andrew Scuoler
05-17-2020, 12:50 PM
The best bet is to get on LinkedIn, join some groups and get posting, and add people, and let people know who you are and what you do. Also freelance platforms like PPH and Upwork can be very good for finding clients.

valluri
05-22-2020, 08:33 AM
Find your niche.
Be patient, but proactive.
Don't just build a website build a brand.
Segment your clients.
Be smart about pricing.
Stay organized.
Market effectively.
Take a holistic approach.

Artisingh1
05-22-2020, 10:57 AM
Find your niche.
Segment your clients.
Be smart about pricing.
Stay organized.
Market effectively.

Geethan
06-04-2020, 04:02 AM
My personal suggestions would be the following:
Ask your close friends to give reviews on your book (Amazon)
Submit your book to as many directories as you can (Goodreads, Librarything etc.)
Start a blog where you could promote your book (write articles, do SEO)
Start an author or book profile on Facebook and Twitter.

valluri
06-24-2020, 03:25 AM
Decide What Type of Editing You'll Do. ...
Determine What You'll Charge for Editing Services​ ...
Decide the Structure of Your Home Editing Business. ...
Create a Business Name. ...
Get Required Licenses and Permits. ...
Establish Your Business Presence. ...
Start Looking for Clients.

jayam
06-24-2020, 03:29 AM
Offer Your Take on an Existing Product. ...
Utilize Job Boards. ...
Use Your Existing Contacts. ...
Talk to Other Freelancers in Your Field. ...
Find out Where the People You Want to Work for Spend Their Time. ...
Create Diverse Content and Make Yourself Known. ...
Start for Free.

jayam
07-11-2020, 11:36 PM
If you have an eye for detail, love to read, and have experience with writing structured content, perhaps starting your own proofreading business may be a great second job. There are many reasons why a proofreading business is a good option when you're ready to become a business owner.

valluri
07-11-2020, 11:46 PM
Know Your Clients. The most important thing is to know your most ideal clients. ...
Create a Portfolio. Once you make prospects aware of your existence and services, create a portfolio for them to explore. ...
Earn Trust from Clients and Prospects. ...
Offer Freebies. ...
Ensure Ultimate Customer Satisfaction.

emily420
01-11-2021, 10:40 AM
I think you should be concerned with The Visionary Pen (http://thevisionarypen.com/) which is very professional regarding Book Editing Services and Ghost Writing.

ameliacooke
01-12-2021, 01:35 AM
great work.

lucycarter
01-13-2021, 12:21 AM
There are 3 ways by which you can advertise your editing business and services:

1. First is of course SEO and if you are okay with investing some money then PPC can also be a good option.

2. Social Media - This is an amazing medium to popularize your business and service. You can use Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest for this purpose.

3. Promotional Products Giveaways - This is an another medium by which you can imprint your brand name or services on these product and distribute among people. It will act as portable billboard and popularize your brand.

raviseo120
01-13-2021, 01:01 AM
thanks for sharing with us

Bigil
01-15-2021, 02:46 AM
Lastly, commit to it. Block out 30 minutes every day to network and socialize virtually. Have fun with it. You might find there are a number of other ways to monetize. For example a "write your first book" pdf, book or video series. You talk to enough people you'll see the patterns of interest.

Nags
02-09-2021, 08:37 AM
You can do social media marketing, social signal is on of the good example here. Use social media to post and share informative contents, share some good visual contents, make videos that can catch the eye of your targeted clients.

notty667
02-11-2021, 04:13 AM
Find your niche.
Segment your clients.
Be smart about pricing.
Stay organized.
Market effectively.

KENZAdvertising2
02-11-2021, 07:34 AM
Other ways to connect with your target market include social media, speaking at writer events, writing articles for writing blogs and magazines, and being a guest on writing podcasts.

KENZAdvertising2
02-11-2021, 07:43 AM
IN THIS TECH SAVVY WORLD, it's IMPORTANT FOR YOUR BUSINESS to support NOTICED ONLINE THROUGH GOOGLE ADS (ADWORDS) PPC speaks to pay-per-click. It is such a web advancing during which patrons pay a cost at whatever point one among their commercials is clicked. Toward the day's end, pay-per-snap may be a promoting framework to guide individuals to your site through the Google program and on other request assistants.

Bigil
03-12-2021, 11:45 PM
Seo, Smo, E-mail marketing is very useful for you ( send direct mail to related clients). you also have to try other marketing tricks like marketing thorough banners, poster, news paper and also through a professional business cards.

Bigil
03-22-2021, 09:22 AM
Seo, Smo, E-mail marketing is very useful for you ( send direct mail to related clients). you also have to try other marketing tricks like marketing thorough banners, poster, news paper and also through a professional business cards.

Geetha
03-25-2021, 01:21 AM
How to start a freelance book editing and proofreading business from home ... involved in that business, the scope of services I offer goes way beyond simple editing. ... Though the fully-online business started off as a one-man army, ... Start promoting your business so that it can reach a larger audience.

bracknelson
03-26-2021, 01:40 AM
Stay organized

Organization is essential to running any business, mainly one that operates virtually. For every online editing job you take, you will require to keep track of your schedule, forms, and correspondences efficiently, because you will require them for certain purposes and for keeping your record straight with the client.

master007
03-26-2021, 01:26 PM
There are different ways to market your business online. So it all depends on the process which you follow. And do it in the right way.

RaniaRanii3
03-28-2021, 11:47 PM
You will have market your independent composing business, pitch continually and No. the most ideal approach to have the fantasy of continually being on the web is to have a however a ton of independent essayists are presently utilizing Pinterest to showcase their administrations. Find out about Wording Well: Freelance #Writing, #Editing,