PDA

View Full Version : Web Press Releases

Jade456
09-13-2004, 03:04 AM
Has anyone had any success with using free press releases to increase your website traffic? I know there are several companies that provide free press releases but are they even worth it?

[Post edited: removal of URL drop advertising]

DiTryin
11-17-2004, 02:31 PM
I've never heard of sites that send press releases for free -- most charge a fee.

Press releases do work and it would be worth it for you to submit them to the right places (magazines, sites, radio, TV, etc.)

If you write them yourself, make sure they are news and not just an ad or the editor will toss them.

Diane

consulticus
11-28-2004, 10:03 AM
I believe you can still send out free press releases through prweb.com and a few more like (what else?) free-press-release.com.

I've had some luck with PRWeb, but usually the more you pay, the better the response on this site as there are different tiers of service.

ING_PR
01-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Press releases can be an excellent way to promote any business, however, I wouldn't recommend writing one yourself unless you know what your doing. You have to use a specific format when writing a release and you have to know that what you are writing about is NEWSWORTHY. If you write a press release and it's not newsworthy than no one will care. If you have any questions or need help with press releases you can email me.

highcontrol
03-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Press releases are a quite effective way to promote your product or service, I agree, but anyone can write a press release, as long as you follow the rules, have a newsworthy article and are able to hack a few lines of copy together.

Also requires common sense - the phrase that all news is good news isn't that applicable if your news is detrimental in some way.
A good copy writer will choose wording and phrases which enhances or improves positive perception, ie instead of using negative words, for example: not, no, don't, etc, replace with positive phrases which makes the copy sound positive.
A simple thing to do, but which acts on the subconsious mind and adds to the overal impression of the article/product/company etc.

Jay

prnuke
02-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Press releases are very effective and when distributed on the net can increase your visibility and exposure on search engines, etc.

Most are free, it's just that if you want to pay a 'fee' then you will be guaranteed this and that.

02-14-2006, 10:40 PM
I've heard some positive things about them. From as far as I can tell, they are worth the time and effort. I plan on doing one next week as a matter of fact!

manatee123
03-02-2006, 06:08 PM
I have used pr.com and prweb.com. Both charge something if you want to include links and be well placed.

It seems that prweb.com has gotten us a bit more exposure than pr.com but both seem worthwhile.

prweb.com is between $40-$200 per press release depending on what you want. We just sent one out at the $120 level and got good results.

on pr.com you subscribe at different levels, and then can contribute more to increase your ranking and so on.

scottco
03-09-2006, 09:49 AM
I think the real benefit to web press releases is not necessarily the direct traffic you get to your website, but the back-links (or inbound links) you get from other sites.

Generally, reputable web-based pr distribution sites (like PRWeb) have thousands of web sites who post press releases on their sites (via RSS feeds or otherwise) - and that can give your site potentially a few good back links.

Back links, from a few good quality sites, can end up ranking your site higher on search engines -- which can result in more traffic.

This doesn't happen over night, but it is, in my opinion, a very good reason to have a regular web press release campaign (well written, newsworthy ones).

pressd
03-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Hi,

Free sites, or sites that only distribute to a list of opt-in journalists, are unlikely to reach the exact journalists you are trying to target. And beware of distributors that use a scatter-gun approach, sending your release to thousands of journalists. If it's not relevant news to the individual journalists, it's considered spam!

Points to bear in mind if you're choosing a press release service;
- Ensure they're strong on editorial and vet every release (we're yet to receive one that doesn't require at least some tweaking!). If your copy has mistakes or is written in the wrong structure/format, journalists will simply bin it.
- That they send releases directly and individually addressed to each journalist, and that the release appears to have come from you (so you're establishing your own relationships with journalists). In the US, distribution is predominantly by newswires but this isn't yet the case in the UK.
- That your news is syndicated to news aggregators and online news sites, such as Google News, Yahoo! News, etc. This helps with links to your site and wider distribution. It also means people can find your release via key word searches on major search engines.
- That the press list covers freelance journalists.

If you are writing a press release it might help to look at examples of other businesses from your sector by using the search box on the Press Dispensary website. We also have following free tips and advice articles;
How to write a press release
When to send a press release
Contacting the media

Hope that helps

thomas
05-23-2006, 03:03 AM
I have been writing press releases for my company. They have been effective only when the topic is popular.

For example, we are offering something that is being developed as an alternative to the internet. There was a press release mentioning this but did not carry with the editors.

But when we released a PR that mentioned Supercomputing on the Desktop, it had some reviews.

We have issue PR through Businesswire, PR.com and PRNewswire all paid services. This has helped us get a certain number of links on Search Engines and News Listing.

We cannot say we are 100% satisfied by using PR as a means of distribution information as Editors are very choosy and rightly so.

In the end it all depends like others have said, how you present the information. More content does not necessarily mean acceptance.

So it is better to keep your PR content less than 500 words but give a good punch in the quality of words and the Heading.

[Edited. Reason - Removal of self ads]

WebGuru
06-13-2006, 06:04 PM
I have used PRWEB which is heavily invested in search technologies to promote my oozm site. Search engine traffic plays a vital role in the success of your news release. The world increasingly rely on major search engines for their research on search queries. Consequently, PRWEB also claims that press release distributed through their site is optimized for maximum organic search engine inclusion. Search engines can then crawl naturally and efficiently to index the press release. My representative stated that their exclusive technology and unmatched infrastructure provides the best available search traffic directed to your news items. Also, having utilized their services for my new site was very effective for the initial traffic flow, but then you have to keep on marketing and increasing traffic. It is an ongoing process that you need to do in order to maintain your traffic level or keep it from losing momentum.

Webguru

foduu1
05-07-2014, 02:36 AM
Press announcments are life changing and once distributed on the web could improve your own awareness and also direct exposure on search engines like yahoo, and many others.

They are no cost, it's that in order to spend some sort of 'fee' and then you will be guaranteed that and that.

touqeer
05-12-2014, 05:18 AM
The effective press release website is not free we have to paid some money for it. Free press release website is not give any benefit.

NukeBlaster
05-17-2014, 05:50 AM
I think Press Releases definitely drive lot of traffic to your website but Google doesn't consider it as a ranking signal...

spysachin121
06-16-2014, 06:44 AM
A PRWeb press release can help your business or organization get reach and publicity on the web across search engines, blogs, and websites.

amardeepets3323
06-24-2014, 05:42 AM
Press release is a good source for increase your website rank.But free press release sites found very less.

jesslee
07-04-2014, 12:43 AM
Got beneficial information about press release from here.I will also try it.

JeffreyForeman
07-06-2014, 08:13 AM
I really do not see the benefit of releasing these to be honest with you. I think that if you can release the information somewhere online, it might be just as beneficial. Maybe if you can get it to one of the largest publishing sites, that would work, otherwise there is no real benefit for me.

Tweetcinema
07-11-2014, 01:02 PM
Yes, I do agree with you all in the aspect of Press release and is a great way to generate organic traffic towards the website.

LAman
07-11-2014, 01:47 PM
I think benefit really depends on industry. For more obscure or very niche industries, it may make sense. But if it's an industry that is widely covered, it is likd a drop of water in the ocean.

ChristyMathew
07-21-2014, 12:49 AM
Press relase is one of the best way to promote the business, products.

Ruban kt
07-26-2014, 11:31 PM
My best advise is not to do press release for SEO purpose because most of the press release sites affected in last Google update.

worldemart0
08-11-2014, 07:55 AM
Can someone tell me the procedure of PR submission in detail? Please advise.

Thanks

ziesha098
08-18-2014, 06:15 AM
yes, whenever I do seo/smo for a fresh project, I always start with press releases first.

Hirenpatel
09-21-2014, 01:49 AM
Press release are good option to increase web traffic. A high quality press release website can help you to reach more users.

johna
09-29-2014, 10:41 PM
Some free PR sites must approve your post before they publish it. These sites are much better than PR sites providing instant approval. And yes, I use free PR as one of my effective SEO techniques.

devidweb
12-16-2015, 07:41 AM
Press releases are curious things. At least according to Google.

Sweet_P
12-16-2015, 09:58 PM
I never thought doing a press release for a home based business but after reading this post, I might investigate if it's worth it for my business

Brittany
12-19-2015, 08:03 AM
Evaluating press release services can be very complicated, as they all make very similar claims. All the press release distribution services, except the free ones, will get your release into Google News, as well as Yahoo! News. None of the press release services will help your website rank higher in Google’s search engine results, despite claims of being “SEO” optimized.

Brittany
01-05-2016, 08:51 AM
I have used pr.com and prweb.com. Both charge something if you want to include links and be well placed.

It seems that prweb.com has gotten us a bit more exposure than pr.com but both seem worthwhile.

prweb.com is between $40-$200 per press release depending on what you want. We just sent one out at the $120 level and got good results.

on pr.com you subscribe at different levels, and then can contribute more to increase your ranking and so on.

Malik Suleman
01-06-2016, 01:06 AM
it increases your traffic upto 100 times

onlinephotosale
03-02-2016, 12:59 AM
In this article we compare the top press release services including e Releases, PR Web and PR Newswire. and give you our pick for the best press release distribution service for small businesses.

CyberJohn
01-13-2017, 10:45 AM
Hi! Try to check the benefits of press release.

7 Important Benefits of Press Release Distribution (http://marketinghangout.co/u/1287/7-important-benefits-of-press-release-distribution)

Shrija Shetty
09-03-2018, 06:52 AM
Web Press Release is really trustworthy step while doing SEO. It should be in the proper format as it is the type of newsworthy. Add details about business or event or whatever happening briefly. Press Release is specifically about your business or organization presneting to the media.

Web Press Release definitely help you to increase website traffic.

Victoriategg9520
10-29-2018, 04:50 AM
Only three free press release sites got our stories onto Google News.

BizPromoter99
10-29-2018, 05:05 AM
Most popular press-release sites which have huge web traffic are not accepting your promotional content without fee. Some unpopular sites having accept free press-release but you cannot get required traffic or leads with free submissions. Free submissions are getting traffic its sure but not getting higher as your desire.

syspree
11-14-2018, 03:46 AM
Yes online Press Release are very effective from SEO point of view. Syspree is a excellent digital agencies in mumbai (https://syspree.com/) who provides PR services.

andrew1995hen
11-30-2018, 03:50 PM
Press releases are improved website traffic as well as important ranking factor in SEO. We have many press release sites both paid and free. But free press releases are not showing a vital role at present. We can't get good website traffic from free press releases.

aliadil961
11-05-2019, 03:50 AM
Find Your Angle. Every good news story has an angle.
Write Your Headline. Your headline should grab the attention of your audience.
Write Your Lede.
Write 2 - 5 Strong Body Paragraphs With Supporting Details.
Include Quotes.
Include Contact Information.
Include Your Boilerplate Copy.

vinitha
12-16-2019, 06:51 AM
Website PR Urgent News is a free press release and News distribution service. It publishes high quality press releases, that gets you visible in major search engines and news sites including Google News, MSN, Yahoo, Bing and much more. Frequency about 24 posts per week.

ropoint
12-19-2019, 12:21 AM
Thanks for sharing useful information.

jayam12
10-13-2020, 05:08 AM
Online Press Release is broadly defined as using new technology to effectively communicate with stakeholders over the Internet. When a business is attempting to increase online reach through PR, a number of tools can be used. ... Raising the profile of a company or brand using online channels.

mithu
10-13-2020, 05:20 AM
In short, yes, press releases still work, though how they work and what makes them effective has shifted. Press releases used to be the most straightforward (and costly) way to let the media know what you were up to (i.e., what product, service, cause or event you were using to make an impact in the world

Geetha
02-11-2021, 12:16 AM
Submit your release and drive traffic to your website with affordable press release ... about PRWeb's new Web Influence and Web Power subscription packages.

MASTERO
02-17-2021, 12:42 AM
PR Newswire | News Releases. ...
PRWeb. ...
Newswire | Press Release | Newsroom. ...
PR.com | Press Releases. ...
openPR.com. ...
IssueWire | Press Release Distribution. ...
1888 PressRelease.com | Latest Press Releases. ...
WebWire | Recent Headlines.

master007
02-17-2021, 11:35 AM
oints to bear in mind if you're choosing a press release service;
- Ensure they're strong on editorial and vet every release (we're yet to receive one that doesn't require at least some tweaking!). If your copy has mistakes or is written in the wrong structure/format, journalists will simply bin it.
- That they send releases directly and individually addressed to each journalist, and that the release appears to have come from you (so you're establishing your own relationships with journalists). In the US, distribution is predominantly by newswires but this isn't yet the case in the UK.
- That your news is syndicated to news aggregators and online news sites, such as Google News, Yahoo! News, etc. This helps with links to your site and wider distribution. It also means people can find your release via key word searches on major search engines.

Geetha
02-22-2021, 12:35 AM
Online Press Release is broadly defined as using new technology to effectively communicate with stakeholders over the Internet. When a business is attempting to increase online reach through PR, a number of tools can be used. One of these is the company's own website.

jayam12
02-22-2021, 09:31 AM
PR Newswire | News Releases. ...
PRWeb. ...
Newswire | Press Release | Newsroom. ...
PR.com | Press Releases. ...
openPR.com. ...
IssueWire | Press Release Distribution. ...
1888 PressRelease.com | Latest Press Releases. ...

mithu
02-22-2021, 09:35 AM
Free 1888 PressRelease.com.
Starts Free 24-7 PressRelease.com.
Free Betanews.
$$$ Business Wire.
Free GGIdir.com.
$$ ClickPress.
$$ Contactanycelebrity.com.
Free EboomWebSolutions.

valluri
02-22-2021, 09:38 AM
There are two alternative ways to distribute a press release for free or close to free without using a service. These include pitching a press release directly to journalists via email and distributing it via a targeted social media ad to the publications and media contacts most likely to be interested in covering it.

master007
03-13-2021, 12:32 AM
Press releases do work and it would be worth it for you to submit them to the right places (magazines, sites, radio, TV, etc.)

jayam12
03-16-2021, 01:56 AM
Online Press Release is broadly defined as using new technology to effectively communicate with stakeholders over the Internet. When a business is attempting to increase online reach through PR, a number of tools can be used. One of these is the company's own website.

mithu
03-16-2021, 02:01 AM
24-7pressrelease.com. 24-7pressrelease.com is a cloud-based press release distribution platform for small businesses. ...
EIN Presswire. ...
eReleases. ...
NewswireJet. ...
Online PR media. ...
PR.com. ...
PR Buzz. ...
PRLog.

valluri
03-16-2021, 02:06 AM
Issuewire. ...
OpenPR. ...
1888pressrelease. ...
PRLOG. ...
Newswiretoday. ...
ClickPress.com. ...
PR Fire. ...
PR ZOOM.

Rahul28
03-16-2021, 05:22 AM
Online Press Release is broadly defined as using new technology to effectively communicate with stakeholders over the Internet. ... Online Press Release typically encompasses the following: Raising the profile of a company or brand using online channels. Developing online word-of-mouth buzz.

Nags
03-27-2021, 01:15 AM
Press releases are very effective and when distributed on the net can increase your visibility and exposure on search engines, etc.

Geetha
04-15-2021, 01:40 AM
PR Newswire | News Releases.
PRWeb.
Newswire | Press Release | Newsroom.
PR.com | Press Releases.
openPR.com.
IssueWire | Press Release Distribution.
1888 PressRelease.com | Latest Press Releases.

master007
04-15-2021, 09:58 AM
I've had some luck with PRWeb, but usually the more you pay, the better the response on this site as there are different tiers of service.