PDA

View Full Version : Can't start retail business as I got no good location

alexbee
02-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Hello,
I've got a nice concept for a bakery/patisserie, skilled people to run the shop and a great product. Unfortunatelly I can't find good retail premises (you know, the annoying matter of a newcomer's lack of credibility).
I can't think of any other way to start (other than selling my products in own shop).
Can anyone think of an alternative way ?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Alexis

Eminenent
02-27-2006, 09:44 PM
Alex,

all you got to do is start off buy selling a few pastries to your local grocers , not the chains but the local "mom and pop" shops.

I have had people start off just like that. They distribute to the mom's and pop's and people get to taste your goods under a large area, quickly.

Approach the store and offer sample and then make arrangements to get them into teir stores.

You will have to be very creative and humble yet don't get beaten up on the price. You got to make some profit.

Don't give up just go to the next shop.

Or go to a specialty store.. just find places quite to start..

I have often found many different and treasurable things in out of the way places.

Good Luck..and send me some when you get famous.

Sean

alexbee
03-05-2006, 08:09 AM
Thank you, Sean
Where are you? Just in case I get famous :)
Alex

profitxchange
03-09-2006, 11:38 AM
if you sell direct to public do it from amarket stall or from a van visiting the dense residential areas, or remote areas.

If you want it to really grow you can take telphone orders and have a delivery round.

I know a laundry that collected and delivered and paid their drivers 25 cash for an evening. selling avn load of buns should cover the cost.

Eminenent
03-18-2006, 09:05 PM
besides the small shops to get your brand out ..how about a catalog bakery.

It's exspensive to do adverts much less to get a catolog started but I am sure some hunger person out there wouldn't mind bartering. It wouldn't hurt try the SBA site.

I have a friend who is a baker and she does it from her home she bakes Wedding cakes ..that's her niche. Why not decide on a niche... or a gimmick to get your bakery goods attention. Free sample to your schools bake sales or offer free seminar on preparation of your goods...

The Best thing is to get EXPOSURE first and prepare for the flood of orders and if your bake goods are high end than market it that way.

Good Luck

Sean

I'm in Northern VA.

LindaKay
01-15-2014, 11:16 PM
Alex,

all you got to do is start off buy selling a few pastries to your local grocers , not the chains but the local "mom and pop" shops.

I have had people start off just like that. They distribute to the mom's and pop's and people get to taste your goods under a large area, quickly.

Approach the store and offer sample and then make arrangements to get them into teir stores.

You will have to be very creative and humble yet don't get beaten up on the price. You got to make some profit.

Don't give up just go to the next shop.

Or go to a specialty store.. just find places quite to start..

I have often found many different and treasurable things in out of the way places.

Good Luck..and send me some when you get famous.

Sean

I really love this idea!

I know a lot of people aren't a fan nowadays, but that is how Paula Deen started her empire. She made bag lunches and sold them to people who were working. You see what her business grew into it, even if she did kind of mess everything up in the end.

oregano
01-20-2014, 06:43 AM
You might also want to approach local restaurants that don't have such great dessert menus and/or bread baskets and offer them some samples for their diners to try, then ask them for regular orders if all goes well. You could also make custom items for restaurants so they can offer unique desserts, pastries and also bread to their patrons.

Are there any shopping malls in your area that rent out market-style stalls or tables in the common areas between stores? That might be a good option for getting your baked goods out to potential customers and raising awareness about your high-quality, creative products. You could combine this with a website, savvy local marketing including local press coverage etc., restaurant placements, and a home delivery service - all these efforts could help you get to the point where you can rent a storefront in a good location.

hillaryNC
01-21-2014, 12:08 PM
I'm sure there are many local shops that would buy your pastry! Also, what about starting an online business? Also a kisoque in a shopping centre or farmers market might work well! I know that where I live, there are always little businesses that run kiosques, businesses that are just starting out and can't get their own shop! Although it might suck because you are looking forward to having your own place and your own rules, both of these suggestions will probably be how you have to start up! Or get a partner with better credit, that could work too!

darelle4
02-20-2014, 12:02 PM
If you go along with that method then your products will sell much faster because you are supplying another company. All you have to do is bake and drop off, then collect your money. There is always a demand for pastries especially if it is a unique type. You should also get business cards and offer catering services as well in which you can bake pastries for weddings and special events.

delusional
02-21-2014, 02:10 PM
I'm also thinking it's best to test the market by selling your baking products to local stores. Get feedback and try to improve the products. When people start asking about your products, expand and make more.
Whenever you REALLY need extra space to produce the products, you'll have made some money to rent of buy something.

loraanna
03-31-2014, 12:56 PM
You can sell to cafe's even chains sometimes have the authority to buy form local vendors. You can also sell online through Etsy. There are a lot of people selling pastries
on Etsy. It may sound strange but some of them actually do well. And another option is Farmer's Markets as food vendors get the most sells anyway.

smithfreed
11-01-2014, 07:54 PM
How come when i was in school, I never got this kind of education in terms of creating products and how to sell different types of product.

cbcbusinessbroker
07-11-2016, 02:57 AM
You have good points but I think it's not the good way to sell cafe. I know mostly people selling on Etsy, it's big brand but it's not for those people who have already experience in this platform, not for new user in the market. For new people in the market, they contact with brokers who have huge experince of market and they tell them about it and they create mor opertunuity for them. In this way they get more benefit and also getting experince how to deal the market.

FlorenceKling
09-16-2018, 10:05 AM
You may likewise need to approach nearby eateries that don't have such extraordinary treat menus or potentially bread bushels and offer them a few examples for their burger joints to attempt, at that point approach them for general requests if all goes well. You could likewise influence custom things for eateries so they to can offer extraordinary treats, baked goods and furthermore bread to their supporters.

Jazek86794444
01-18-2020, 09:57 PM
You can supply your product on other stores.

Mana_unique
10-22-2020, 04:36 PM
You can import and sell all amazon , aliexpress , ebay and pushmark products in the online shop in 2 days and get the commission 👌 just in 1 day 👩*💻
If you want to Enlarge your business then you need a business website ....
A website means your Uniqueshop that can make money for you while you are Asleep
Easily get a complete onlineUnique shop from us in minutes just ; register on the site :
https://rb.gy/aest2g

raviseo121
06-01-2021, 04:19 AM
Thanks for sharing with us