PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas how to get businesses to add their business to my directory?

dwhs
08-06-2015, 08:24 AM
I just finished my directory and it looks great but is like a ghost town. I get maybe 4 businesses a day adding their business.

Any ideas how to get a lot businesses to add their business for free or cheap?

The business directory is a free service that is why I can't afford to spend a lot on it.

itsnotsobad
08-18-2015, 02:55 AM
Go to Facebook and LinkedIn and contact businesses.

Tell them of the benefits of putting their business in your directory. You can tell them that every month/week, you feature a business and you submit the content to social networks thereby increasing their business exposure.

If you don't already, you can have several ad packages the business can upgrade to.

You have a lot of options.

leaprock
08-25-2015, 08:50 PM
I'm not sure about the nature of your directory, but at first with any community you have to put in a lot of effort to building it yourself.

Add as many entries to your directory manually as you can: use yelp, facebook, other websites, etc. to find their info and enter it by hand or use a virtual assistant.

Noone wants to be on an empty directory, cause no visitors want to go to an empty directory. You'll need to manually reach a critical mass before the directory will be self-sustaining with new signups and a significant amount of traffic. Maybe after you get to that point you could charge for premium listings.

I've found this article to have really good advice about this topic: http://paulgraham.com/ds.html

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Virtual Office SOS
08-27-2015, 08:22 AM
Social Media is a great way to get your directory noticed and all it takes is time, remember no business was built in a day it takes time.

HARR
08-27-2015, 03:22 PM
Create a limited time offer, such as register in next 7 days for free or else pay $10. This trick always work. Then post this on facebook, twittwer etc. :)

Margaret Spencer
08-27-2015, 10:28 PM
How about you send out a Newsletter about your free listing Directory? A lot of businesses will benefit from it and they would be willing to sign up or include their business in your listing... However, you would need an Email List to do so... Why not try our services?

cirmel
09-01-2015, 08:33 AM
I'b be more than happy to add my business to the directory and spread it to friends if the directory niche matches. Just send me the site so I can check it out. Otherwise, use social media and SEO to boost your site's presence on the internet.

Geethan
04-29-2020, 05:58 AM
I think you might be searching for a software, directory website builder applications, something that seamlessly fulfill every single requirement. But believe me there are several ways to get your directory published:-

You can create your directory website on the WordPress.
You can also use Joomla web application.
For the best templates or extensions you can also use Joomla directory. I have built my business directory using Joomla platform.

How to create directory on Joomla:-

Create a database.
To create a MySQL Database, go to the control panel and find the icon called MySQL Databases.
Start with the Joomla engine.
Simply upload this zip package to your site's root folder and unzip it there.
Set up your website.
Press the Install button.

master64
05-01-2020, 11:50 AM
Wasting money on ineffective marketing is easy. Seek out low-budget, high-impact marketing strategies to improve your small business. Test one or two new tactics and see which perform best before adding them to your marketing mix. Social media is an excellent low-cost and low-risk way to promote your business.

fredhopper103
05-09-2020, 12:46 PM
Custom Scapes (http://customscapeslandscaping.com/) is a Landscaping and Property Maintenance Company based in Wrentham, Massachusetts. We are dedicated to customizing the Landscape Experience. We focus on the individual needs of our clients. We always provide consistent, prompt, dependable service at a reasonable rate.

kumari
05-10-2020, 09:45 AM
1. Restaurant Business. The restaurant business is one of the best and most profitable cash business ideas. Healthy and tasty food is a need for everyone. If you love serving tasty and healthy food this idea is for you. You can expect decent profit margin up to 25% from this business.

jayam
05-11-2020, 03:38 AM
Online business directory listings represent a highly effective opportunity because they are used by local customers looking for local businesses. ... Be sure to include any accreditations you have and any service guarantees that you ... Contact us with your details and ideas and we'll get back to you ASAP!

valluri
05-11-2020, 03:47 AM
Check With the Local Chamber of Commerce. The newest businesses in town often become new members of the local Chamber of Commerce. ...
Ask Your Secretary of State. ...
Peruse Your Local Media. ...
Search Your Area Online. ...
Check Your Local Library.

vinitha seo
05-11-2020, 06:27 AM
The basic idea behind an online drop shipping business is that, as a small business owner, you donít have to maintain a large inventory (or any inventory whatsoever) of products or handle any delivery to your customers.

AllensClicks
05-11-2020, 08:20 AM
Try reaching out to marketing companies in your area, that's what they get paid to do. If you don't have any luck with that you can PM me, my marketing company offers many resources that can help you populate your directory.

holisticbuilder
05-12-2020, 01:00 AM
Social media is best for this.

salesforcebofc
05-13-2020, 12:35 AM
Social Media is a great way to get your directory noticed and all it takes is time, remember no business was built in a day it takes time.
Second option
Send out a Newsletter about your free listing Directory? A lot of businesses will benefit from it and they would be willing to sign up or include their business in your listing... However, you would need an Email List to do so... Why not try our services?

jayam
05-13-2020, 02:57 AM
Online business directory listings represent a highly effective opportunity because they are used by local customers looking for local businesses. ... Be sure to include any accreditations you have and any service guarantees that you ... Contact us with your details and ideas and we'll get back to you ASAP!

valluri
05-13-2020, 03:10 AM
Check With the Local Chamber of Commerce. The newest businesses in town often become new members of the local Chamber of Commerce. ...

Jim Morrison
05-13-2020, 08:09 AM
I bought postpartum pads (https://top-mom.com/best-postpartum-pads/) for my wife. And now she looks very beautiful. Her body in postpartum pads looks even better. I really recommend you to try it guys.

SubbuPD
05-14-2020, 05:35 AM
Social Media?

holisticbuilder
05-21-2020, 03:37 AM
The following are probably the least demanding and successful approaches to advance your professional reference site.

Get connections to your registry from different sites. ...

Put your business index site interface in another catalog. ...

Promote your registry on the web. ...

Utilize internet based life stages.

master64
05-21-2020, 08:58 AM
Get links to your directory from other websites. ...
Put your yellow pages site link in another directory. ...
Advertise your directory online. ...
Make use of social media platforms.

jayam
05-26-2020, 03:54 AM
Key 'Takeaways' From This Post. Online directories are a great source of local customers. Add you business details to all FREE business directories. Ensure your listing info is accurate and plentiful. Use photos to give your listing character. Add special offer voucher to boost conversion.

valluri
05-26-2020, 04:06 AM
There are several sources you can turn to for a list of new businesses in your area.

salesforcebofc
05-28-2020, 01:16 AM
Social Media is the best way to get your directory noticed and all it takes is time, remember no business was built in a day it takes time.

holisticbuilder
05-28-2020, 05:20 AM
I am not sure about this...

vinitha seo
05-31-2020, 11:36 AM
A good business directory plugin allows you to easily create lists of businesses organized by location, category, and other parameters. Business directories help users find new vendors while helping businesses connect with customers and other businesses.

jayam
06-25-2020, 11:43 AM
Key 'Takeaways' From This Post. Online directories are a great source of local customers. Add you business details to all FREE business directories. Ensure your listing info is accurate and plentiful. Use photos to give your listing character. Add special offer voucher to boost conversion.

valluri
06-25-2020, 11:46 AM

Lilykevin86
06-25-2020, 11:32 PM
8 simple steps to get the perfect free business directory listing. Make sure you list the correct NAP (name, address, phone number) Take care in selecting the right business category(s) Make your business description detailed & compelling. Provide as much detail as you can about your business.

Wepsychic3
07-02-2020, 06:17 AM
Cobiro helps you advertise on digital platforms for you to reach your marketing goals. Join more than 85.000 customers who currently manage ads better. Try our service today. Creation of ads. Advertisment creator. Grow your business. Online marketing platform.

salesforcebofc
07-03-2020, 12:51 AM
You can create a limited time offer, such as register in next 10 days for free or else pay $10. This trick always work. Then share this post on social media for eg - facebook, twitter, linkedin etc.