PDA

View Full Version : Advertising for pennies on the dollar?

craigk
03-02-2006, 04:44 PM
I'm on a shoestring budget and am working on promoting my website and business. I've submitted by website to search engines, made myself some attractive business cards, posted flyers on community bulletin boards, posted some free internet classified ads, and am participating in some home-based biz forums like this one. Is there anything I'm missing? Any tips or ideas? Thanks in advance!

manatee123
03-02-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm on a shoestring budget and am working on promoting my website and business. I've submitted by website to search engines, made myself some attractive business cards, posted flyers on community bulletin boards, posted some free internet classified ads, and am participating in some home-based biz forums like this one. Is there anything I'm missing? Any tips or ideas? Thanks in advance!

Have you considered Google AdWords?

It might be worth looking into.

subprimeway
03-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Manatee-

I am starting to research Google Adwords right now, have you had sucess with this? How much do you need to approx spend to get a good response off of this? I am trying to keep my budget down to maybe a couple hundred dollars a month, tops!

Thanks in advance,
Scott

noni-juice-seller
06-23-2006, 09:47 AM
I have been using google adwords for about 6 months now and they are pretty effective. I use the ads for one of my websites on which i sell praise dance videos and i get quite some traffic from google.

Of course, depending on what your product is, you will have some competition in bidding for keywords in the ads. But i spend less than $100 every month with bids of about 8c per click.

good luck!

hillaryNC
01-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Ads and business cards are a very good way to get your business out there. BUT, one cheap and easy way is social media sites!! Many businesses, offer little contests and things like that, and in order to enter you have to like and share their page! This gets your name out there, and gets you lots of followers! Also twitter and other social media sites, all these sites have many ways for you to get your business out there!

oxpaulo
01-21-2014, 05:04 PM
Search engines are a beautiful thing my friend. You really don't need to spend a dime on marketing if you have some great content and some patience. Google will reward your efforts if you are consistently putting up good stuff.

gHiros
01-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Everybody has provided great tips for you to enhance your web presence, such as creating great content and working on SEO. Since you are on a shoe-string budget, it probably won't make sense to explore paid advertising for now. I suggest looking at free ways to increase traffic to your website. Some things you can look at are article marketing via Ezine Articles, Hub Pages and even Press Releases. Once you get income coming in, then you can set aside some of that for paid advertising. Good luck!

nicolefiore90
02-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the advice! I will have to look into google adwords. It sounds promising.

Millermarketingroup
02-14-2014, 01:00 PM
is your business a local niche?

lifeliveson
02-14-2014, 02:38 PM
Seems like your doing it all right! Life someone said social media is a great, free and effective way.. Adipose from the regular Facebook and twitter.. Try instagram and LinkedIn... Maybe offer referral bonuses for people who bring you new clients.. Depending the business.. Local business trade shows are effective as wwll ..good luck!

jubvman
02-15-2014, 05:46 PM
Ads and business cards are a very good way to get your business out there. BUT, one cheap and easy way is social media sites!! Many businesses, offer little contests and things like that, and in order to enter you have to like and share their page! This gets your name out there, and gets you lots of followers! Also twitter and other social media sites, all these sites have many ways for you to get your business out there!

Definitely agree with this. Facebook is one of my main sources of traffic right now. I'd recommend just putting some time into social media and see what happens :)

fredkawig
02-16-2014, 08:08 AM
Do all the tips and tricks with Search Engine Optimizations.

firelily99
02-25-2014, 04:27 PM
Thanks for all of the information concerning advertising! I felt like I wasn't doing nearly enough but felt restricted by the lack of funds to increase advertising. I plan on checking everything out that was suggested here and hope to implement some of it in the coming days.

firelily99
02-27-2014, 01:47 PM
This sounds so much better than anything that I have been able to come up with. I came up with some new ideas in the last twenty four hours. I think that if I get them implemented it will really make a difference in my profitability.

JohnSword
02-27-2014, 10:35 PM
There are many ways you can advertise your website and business on a shoestring budget. Of course, social media is one of the most effective methods you can use. You can also write articles related to your niche and submit them to sites like HubPages with a link back to your site. Since you're already participating in home-biz forums, I assume you have an eye-catching signature that promotes your site.

In any case, building your brand name takes time. Just be sure to stay consistent in your marketing strategies and you should be good to go. Paid advertising is great, but not a must.

coffee
03-02-2014, 01:21 AM
You're doing pretty well so far. I would suggest starting a blog. Depending on what you're selling and your target market will depend on what format you need to use.

For example, if you are selling jewelry to the age 20 crowd, you could start a blog on tumblr. Tumblr is a micro blogging/blogging site where you can post text, quotes, videos, pictures, etc., and all the posts are searchable by members and can be reposted. You could get away with posting pictures of your jewelry and writing a caption.

If you were selling vintage items, you could start a blog on blogger chronicling your adventures in finding your items, what inspired you to start selling vintage, tips on how to spot fake vintage, etc. Blogger is for informative posts.

Blogs are very powerful tools if used correctly. You can get traffic to your blog by posting consist content rich with key words, commenting on other blogs, and joining blog networking sites.

SimplySidy
03-02-2014, 02:52 AM
I recommend using Social Media. This is a free media and a platform to connect with similar people. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest among the fer I recommend. You can also club the Google Adwords along with these and that should help.