PDA

View Full Version : Advice on selling a business

Girny
03-06-2006, 06:30 AM
Hi there
I've been running a very successful DVD rental Business. Now I became a father for the second time. I need to look for another business.
Can anyone advice me how do I go about selling this business. I don't want to spend too much money on advertising.
I was thinking of making it known in forums like this one. Will that be successful. Oh, and I am based in Spain (Costa del Sol).
The business is very successful and has no competition in about 10 km radius.

Thanks guys
Harry

BusinessMan
03-06-2006, 06:34 AM
I'd suspect your best bet would be local papers and media. I'd guess most interest would be local.

PS: Please note as well that this forum does not accept advertising.

profitxchange
03-09-2006, 11:34 AM
where are you located?

If UK why not try daltons weekly? Exchange and mart or Ebay!

absolutespain
05-18-2006, 01:01 AM
I agree with BusinessMan, local people will more likely be interested.. Try the SUR in English newspaper.

fredkawig
01-16-2014, 10:27 PM
You should advertise to your family and friends first. If that doesn't help I suggest you advertise on radio or local newspapers, most of them charge only a small fee. You may also use the Internet to look for buyers in Spain and in your locality. If you don't want to spend any money, you should just post papers and cardboards in your house and on your store that you are selling your store.

pandandesign
01-18-2014, 03:48 PM
I believe you mean how to put your business for sale so that people would take over? I think the local newspaper and maybe social media are the best options because that's how most people sell the business and out their business for sale so people would know. Hope everything goes well. It is not easy to get the business sold in a short period of time.

oregano
01-20-2014, 06:23 AM
To widen your reach you could also contact some business brokers (Google them - there are a lot!) and get your business listed with them. I'm sure many people from other parts of Europe, for example, who would be interested in acquiring a going concern that would allow them to live in Spain and make a good living there. Try some business brokers that operate in different European countries - this would allow you to reach possible buyers in countries where you don't speak the language.

rastasnake
01-20-2014, 02:53 PM
Hi, I suggest not just advertising this business in the local area, but put it up on-line for the whole world to see. People are always wanting to make purchases overseas and if your business is already established and very successful then this will be no problem. If you do not want to spend allot on advertising your business, then I suggest just putting your business up on various fourms and say that you are open for enquires. Best of Luck!

hillaryNC
01-20-2014, 08:50 PM
I would suggest getting in contact with a lawyer and an accountant. This helps you to get what you want, and makes sure you don't get ripped off. If you are serious about this business, you need to be able to show someone why they should buy it and how it would be an improvement in their life. Starting the business is the hardest part, selling should be much easier if it's successful! Good luck!

Axmen
01-21-2014, 04:25 AM
First of all, I would probably recommend that you submit a well written advertisement in a news paper pretty known where you live.
Make some search on Google. For example I found few sites you could advertisement your company on:
http://spain.businessesforsale.com/
http://www.christie.com/en
http://www.businessbrokerspain.com/sales/

Good luck.
- Best regards, Axmen.

Lithium
02-22-2014, 08:49 AM
You should offer a good price and be patient. Meanwhile, try to keep the business successful and profitable. Someone will buy it eventually, you only need to advertise it on as many sites as possible.

Mojibobo
02-22-2014, 11:51 AM
Advertise locally that you're selling it, make sure they know you're selling it for that reason and not that it's going downhill. If it's successful and you can prove to potential buyers that it is, then it will sell easily!

crucider
02-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Your best bet is to advertise locally, you can try out newspapers, craigslist, or even putting a "For Sale" sign on your store. Good luck with your sales :D

emilx_06
04-02-2014, 12:17 PM
The 'turn-key' revolution can be an answer to your problem. You can either sell your existing business or multiply your earnings through franchising. You might need to consult a lawyer to do this but it will be worth it in the future. Good luck to your future ventures.

SBFO91
11-20-2014, 01:25 PM
Use social media and local networks such as newspapers and adds in various stores. Also, use the assistance of a lawyer.

Egyptra
05-23-2018, 06:35 AM
First you should create one website for your business and promote it through various types of marketing platform. You will get results slowly.

Genau...!!!

m2dbahrain
01-29-2020, 01:54 AM
Determine the value of your company. ...
Clean up your small business financials. ...
Prepare your exit strategy in advance. ...
Boost your sales. ...
Find a business broker. ...
Pre-qualify your buyers. ...
Get business contracts in order.

JosephRodriguez
01-15-2021, 01:02 AM
Following below is the advice for selling a business, are:-
Determine the value of your company
Clean up your small business financials
Prepare your exit strategy in advance
Boost your sales
Find a business broker