PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Help Needed

covecrafts
03-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Hello all, My name is Sonya Falls from Aberdeen. I have just recently started up Cove Bay Crafts, which specilalises in personalised presents and gifts. I am running this business from home, with all ordered goods coming direct from supplier. I allready have some orders coming in through friends and family, but would like to advertise my business locally/nationally. As I have just started up I do not have much for advertising costs. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any websites/publications out there that I could advertise on for " free " ie classified pages etc. I am also interested in making my own website, are there any good website builder sites out there that can also put my webpage on certain search engines. I hope this all makes sense. If you need any further info from me, I would be more than glad to give it to you. Thank you all in advance.....

Sonya
XXX

gentlerain
03-06-2006, 05:14 PM
the website builder I like the best is buildmyownsite .com

What I think is really great about it is that they develop a customized template for you and have actual real live people you can talk with who can explain stuff in simple language. I ran across them a couple of months back and you might want to check them out.

Good luck
Mark
Gentle Rain Marketing

babbsela
03-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Good, free advertising on the internet is hard to find. You can find good, and you can find free, but they rarely go together. Most of the free ones do not allow commercial advertising, which is what you would be doing.

One that readily comes to mind, that has a huge readership, is Craigslist.org. Their website is broken down by area, so you can target a specific group. Keep in mind that there are very few categories there where you can place commercial ads.

If you plan to spend zero dollars, the only other avenue I can think of that you could try is to do banner or link exchanges with other sites. Not the indiscriminate linking that results in a bunch of garbage links on your site, but just quality links with sites that are complementary to yours. Sites that sell similar (but not the same) products, or sell to the same type of client you are looking to reach.

Hope that helps.

Barbara
[Edited: NO advertising links please]

covecrafts
03-09-2006, 02:14 AM
Thanks Babbsela, I will continue to look around from the info you gave me. I went to your website page, your idea looks great, are you kept busy with it?

Yours

Sonya

babbsela
03-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Yes, my business keeps me busy at least 50 hours a week. It's a good thing I love what I do!

marketseeker
03-09-2006, 04:06 PM
You said you have a small advertising budget so you need to build that up a little. When ever you sell one of your products you should automatically put 30% or more into you advertiseing account. I would work the customers I already have if I were you. Determine your target market and then write a letter in third person explaining the benafits of your product. Have your current customers send it to ten people they know. You could send out 100 letter for 37 dollars. I don't know what your product is but I love PPC advertising and would do that next.

BENJAMIN
04-18-2006, 02:46 AM
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any websites/publications out there that I could advertise on for " free " ie classified pages etc.
Sonya
XXX

Two websites where you can advertise for free are 1americamall.com and usfreeads.com
You can also search for 'free classifieds' but you'll have to track your results with key codes so that you can tell which ones work and those that don't.
Besides classifieds you can find complimentary sites on which you can place a reciprocal link back to your site and advertise as well if available through the search engines.

Use phrases that your target market would use. You can try brainstorming at overture where you can see the actual phrases used the month before and the number of ties the search performed that month by overture. People search for terms you’d never have thought of. Check out the first 20 results and find where you can place your link.

You could also build a page on your site around the search phrases mentioned above.

Also check out uscounties.com
It offers free links ordered by state and county and they have good traffic.

profitxchange
04-24-2006, 07:41 AM
Hi

Have not visited for a while so this reply may be too late.

Is there local newspaper in Aberdeen? If so think about engaging the business and /or feature editor.

As a startup you provide a local story with a business, human and product interest potential.

PR IS free do not fall for the tit 4 tat paid advertising gets you a mention.

Get their feature calendar for the year and see if you could develop some copy that supports the feature.

This would at least give you a local exposure. Once you have some confidence that it worked - contact other appropriate magazines and do the same with them.

I've just touched on the principles to get you thinking, there are lots of good articles on PR - talk to your local start-up support group we have enterprise agencies in England but I believ they are called something different in Scotland.

Good luck.

Sam
05-06-2006, 11:29 AM
If you're planning on selling to anyone in the world and you think there's something uniuqe/newsworthy about your product you might think about sending out a press release. I haven't done this myself but i'm preparing to do so - I just have to get a good news angle. (:

I imagine there are ways to send out your press release for free but from what I understand it can be tricky and reporters (press release consumers) don't like to get spammed. I heard from more then one place that prweb.com is a good spot to distribute your press release to a massive number of potential folks. However, it will cost you a couple hundred dollars to go through them. In any case, going through prweb should give you two things:
- They will publish your story making it available to search engines, etc for a while. A friend of mine did this to promote his book and it worked reasobably well.
- If a reporter or whoever likes your story they will contact you to do a news piece on it. Obviously, very cool if it happens!

focusfields
05-17-2006, 10:32 PM
Hello all, My name is Sonya Falls from Aberdeen. I have just recently started up Cove Bay Crafts, which specilalises in personalised presents and gifts. I am running this business from home, with all ordered goods coming direct from supplier. I allready have some orders coming in through friends and family, but would like to advertise my business locally/nationally. As I have just started up I do not have much for advertising costs. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any websites/publications out there that I could advertise on for " free " ie classified pages etc. I am also interested in making my own website, are there any good website builder sites out there that can also put my webpage on certain search engines. I hope this all makes sense. If you need any further info from me, I would be more than glad to give it to you. Thank you all in advance.....

Sonya
XXX

Free is good if you can pull it off. First, you already say you have customers...there's free advertising number one...viral marketing. It sounds like in most cases people order from you as a gift for someone else. Well, if your product is truly good, then that person who received the gift should want to send one to one of their friends and so on. In each of the orders you send out, make it simple for the receiver to send a gift also. Give them a discount for the first order and another discount for referring someone else.

Go down the PR route...find a good cause and offer your product as the free gifts for a raffle or silent auction. Cost? Low. Exposure? High. Girl rescued from neighborhood well? Make sure all the cameras see her walk out of the hospital with your gifts. (Sounds a bit cold hearted, but your intentions really are pure and your not getting something for nothing.) Be bold. Figure out where people can see your product...one free mention in an article is worth the price of hundreds of advertisements in the same medium.

JMR

Ltyler
05-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Article Marketing is a great way to get one way links to your site. There are a ton of article web sites that articles can be submitted to!

bbardot
05-31-2006, 01:06 PM
I am also interested in making my own website, are there any good website builder sites out there that can also put my webpage on certain search engines. I hope this all makes sense. If you need any further info from me, I would be more than glad to give it to you. Thank you all in advance.....

Sonya
XXX

Hi Sonya,

It's good you're thinking of starting your own website. The best time is now. Sometimes I wish I'd started earlier. Just take your time and educate yourself as to the current internet trends before you take the plunge! If you need help, just email me, I may be able to offer few tips here and there.

B

aaronmp2003
06-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Don't forget the value of referral marketing! Go to your present customers and offer them a discount on their next purchase for every new customer they send your way. Word of mouth is still the best form of advertising, and it's free!

As far as web development, it is certainly possible to get your site found by the search engines, but please understand that it is a lengthy and on-going process, not a one time effort.

Getting your site found by search engines is great, but make sure you use your site in other ways, too. Article marketing is a great way to get your site URL out there, as was mentioned earlier.

Ad-vice_man
06-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Everyone Please repeat these two sentences like a mantra.

1)Advertising and Marketing aren't the same thing.

2)Good advertising isn't cheap and cheap advertising isn't good.

It sounds like what you need is more in the arena of Marketing assistance in lieu of advertising help.

Start locally with networking. Start with your local chamber of commerce and or your local BNI (Business Networking International) chapter.(www.bni. c o m) Both of these organization offer networking opportunities where you can offer both gifts for individuals and for businesses. Businesses are always looking for unique and easy gifts for their clients. be your local resource.

bizdev
06-24-2006, 08:53 AM
Press releases are most certainly the most effective way to get publicity. And better yet... it is FREE.

I had incredible success with mine. I wrote my own and emailed it to local newspapers. One called within 30 minutes! A reporter and photographer were sent to my shop and a half page article with full color photos resulted. Another took 6 months (asking me to re-send the email) but also resulted in a huge article with photos. I sent the same press release to prweb.com (only $35) and a tv producer called wanting to do a story on the franchise. From those articles, yet several more newspapers picked up the story and wrote their own articles with more photos!

This kept up for a full year! And there was nothing newsworthy about my business (children's resale shop). I just wrote up the press release in such a way that it captured the editor's attention. I included some simple quotes that I took from my franchisor's ads and added my own "quote"..."After spending several years climbing the corporate ladder I was bitten by the entreprenurial bug...".

I urge everyone to write up a press release and send it off.

Candlelady
07-26-2006, 06:30 AM
Site Build It is a great website builder. It's very user friendly and great for the beginner. I highly recommend it.

It has an all-inclusive price and takes most of the worry out of building.

Hope this helps.

lifeliveson
01-25-2014, 04:30 PM
I believe social media is very helpful, make a Facebook page, twitter, blog..etc and offer discounts or prizes for sharing your links .. it's something I have done that has worked well for me.. offer discounts for current customers to refer new ones

highzeroflife
01-30-2014, 01:29 PM
I believe social media is very helpful, make a Facebook page, twitter, blog..etc and offer discounts or prizes for sharing your links .. it's something I have done that has worked well for me.. offer discounts for current customers to refer new ones

Also try using sites that focus on areas like yours. For example using etsy for selling crafts. You aren't using that site exclusively for your business but sending the traffic to your site. You go there and post a product people are referred to your site and see more goods there. They then start coming directly to your site and tell their friends about the site.

you could also find a forum that revolves around products like yours and sell to them as a vendor.

swagger
01-30-2014, 03:03 PM
I'd recommend hiring somebody to make a website for you, the results will be much better then if you decided to try and make the site on your own.

delusional
02-03-2014, 01:29 AM
I'd recommend hiring somebody to make a website for you, the results will be much better then if you decided to try and make the site on your own.

If you're not experienced with building websites, I would also just hire someone. Also, be prepared to pay something around $800 if you want them to put some effort into it. I have friends who do websites and when a client offers them $200 for a website, they just upload a Wordpress install and choose a theme. Which is normal because the hourly pay is just way to low to do some decent work.

nowicki2013
02-03-2014, 10:44 AM
The first thing you need to do is make a website. You can either make one yourself or have someone do it for you. It can either be a free website like from Weebly.com or a paid website and hosting like with GoDaddy.com. You will be more respected with a .com website. Once you get your site setup you can promote it on Facebook and Twitter to get started. You can also go to social bookmarking sites like Digg.com or Pinterest.com., those are becoming a lot more popular these days. Social networking and bookmarking sites are a great way to get free advertising. You can also get paid advertising from Google or Yahoo.

easywebplan
11-15-2015, 05:16 AM
Hello Sonya,

Use the following to raise awareness to your business, all these are free and best try these out very well before starting advertising.
1. Facebook
2. Twitter
3. Pinterest - Important
4. Website Blog - Create Quality Content, content will drive traffic to your website and people will always share quality content increasing your exposure.
5. Find out who your most successful competitor and figure out what they are doing and how they are doing it.
6. Create your own little marketing strategy, create a marketing to do list, follow daily, review and adjust weekly.

If you also need a website on a low budget Easy Web Plan team can help you out, if you want a free website you may try Weebly and other web builders.

Hope I helped, good luck with your business.

hoangfpt91
11-16-2015, 09:55 AM
since 2006, tonight i know this topic

devidweb
11-19-2015, 06:40 AM
This type of advertising typically runs in the classifieds section of newspapers and publications, as well as on Internet classifieds sites. Bcoz help wanted ads are often surrounded by other, competing ads, it is important to draft ads in a way that will attract readers and incite those who are qualified to inquire further into the position being advertised.

emworral
11-23-2015, 04:18 PM

Sonya
XXX

Sonya, I would consider Pinterest and creating content that is shareable on there. It makes the most sense since you're crafts related. If you can build a following on there you have an audience you can sell to. Down the line when you have advertising dollars to play with I would consider advertising on there as well.

Allcitycleaning
11-23-2015, 06:24 PM
Hi Sonya, Never underestimate the power of Social media, it is free and you can maintain it easily, and even link several sites together so the time spent on these is minimal. Also several of these sites offer reviews and good reviews go a long way in helping your online presence. Also you can submit a listing to the Better business Bureau if you aren't already on there. Its simple for people to submit reviews there as well.
I hope this is helpful!
Julia Silva
www.allcitycleaningservices.net

DavidZin
11-26-2015, 08:15 PM
I think you interesting when You has passion with bussiness on Internet.

Malik Suleman
11-27-2015, 11:49 AM
contact m on fiverr in order to get the aadvertising

andrew2510
03-23-2018, 07:52 PM
Provide offers, discounts and rewards to your customers. This will help you to easily increase sales and customers in your business.

Legion
09-20-2018, 12:41 PM
hey Sonya! I am not to far from you - I'm over here is Seattle. I run an agency out here and use the same method for all of my clients (many whom are boutiques like yourself).

I made a free step by step blueprint and training video on how I use this method to regularly double many of my clients business within 30 days.

Link in the description!

Cheers (:

awatasoftsys
09-27-2018, 05:00 AM
Really you shared a very informative one.

certvalue345
10-07-2018, 11:45 PM
I think every business needs Promote or advertising our own business in google,I am also need for promoting my website,my business also full need for promoting and my job is SEO executive,anyways if you want to looking for ISO Certifications then you have better to take in certvalue company in that company having so many experienced persons and it is provide one of the top ISO certifications in world wide..................
ISO 9001 Certification in Oman (https://www.certvalue.com/iso-9001-certification-Oman/)|ISO 9001 Certification in Nigeria (https://www.certvalue.com/iso-9001-certification-in-nigeria/)

Anglinia
04-24-2019, 01:43 AM
You can start Digital Marketing of your business. There are many advertisments sites which gives you the free facility to post the ads. I am from Amsterdam and i see so many posts on the sites. There are many companies that they improve their businesses like Prix d'ami.

SanyaBansal
05-02-2019, 03:18 AM
Make a Missing Poster Online (https://www.techmelife.com/how-to-make-a-missing-poster-online/)
Healths Care Concept (http://www.healthscareconcept.com)
Vidmate App (http://www.techmeworld.com/vidmate-apk-download-install-vidmate-app-for-android/)
Mywifiext Local (http://www.techmenews.com/what-is-mywifiext-local-and-steps-to-access-the-smart-setup-wizard/)
Internet Security McAfee Download (https://www.frizztech.com/how-to-protect-our-computers-against-viruses-with-att-internet-security-mcafee-download/)
Video Animation Brand (https://www.hello-emotion.com/5-defensible-reasons-prove-significance-video-animation-brand/)
Women Shoe Trends (https://www.lezeto.com/women-shoe-trends-2019/)
Massage Minneapolis (https://www.apzomedia.com/how-athletes-can-benefit-from-massage-therapist-in-minneapolis)
Zoom VS GoToMeeting (https://www.bnnotary.com/zoom-vs-gotomeeting-which-you-should-choose/)
Tory Burch Black Friday (https://www.thebuildmedias.com/tory-burch-black-friday-sale-deals-prediction-and-ads-release/)
Gifts Inside Balloons (http://www.teachforhk.org/best-ideas-of-helium-balloons-with-gifts-inside/)
Live Cricket Video Download (http://www.skaterstricks.com/need-watch-live-cricket-show-download-vidmate-app/)