PDA

View Full Version : New Business idea, and a new go for the ring simple and slow

LowSloppedForehead
09-14-2004, 06:33 PM
Hello there, found this site and wanted to join and have a place where I can discuses the issues, problems, concerns, heartfelt pains and joys of a small startup business. As the user name implies myself and my partner in crime…err business are planning on keeping a business very simple and basic. Here is what we are planning: setting up the ol vinyl bounce houses for the day and charging a fee. This will be primarily a weekend type business but two things that make this a bit different. A. birthdays aren’t always on the weekends and B. in California I figure we have between 9 and 10 good months of weather for this type of business. What are your thoughts and ideas on this? Start up costs is low and if all else fails and we lose the ol tookis, we can still recoup at least ½ to ¾ of our initial investment. Does anyone here have this been in this or know about such a business? Hope to hear from ya.

Thanks,
The Low Slopped Fore Headed Guy

QMcFarlan
03-09-2006, 12:43 PM
I used to work for someone who owned a business setting up those games - moonwalks/starwalks/velcro walls/etc. His money came primarily from doing company picnics/parties, school fairs, and some birthday work. I believe he sent out mailers twice a year to businesses/schools, at around $2500 per mailing. I also know the liability insurance he has to carry is a bear - and I think they refuse to cover the velcro wall.

I believe he had a minimum of a 2-3 hour session, and would run for as long as needed. Discounts for multiple games, and all the actual site work was done by subcontractors, who signed agreements to show up at specific times, run the games for a specific time, and get paid specific amounts.

Great money during the on season, but the off-season is a bear.

Good luck!
- Q.

JSturgell
09-05-2019, 10:54 AM
Definitely think this will be won or lost in the marketing strategies and keeping your costs really low.