PDA

View Full Version : Legal help for starting tour operator business

maabee6
03-08-2006, 08:01 PM
I am trying to start a custom tour business where I will design and sell custom tours for groups traveling to Europe. I will be going through a Wholesale operator to get my tours booked and then get quoted a net rate. Then will add my % to the cost before quoting to customer.

If anyone has information for me as to where I can go to get some legal help regarding looking over "Terms and Conditions" from the Wholesaler to Operator (me). Also to help me with creating a "T & C" for my business.

Thank you :?

BusinessMan
05-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Have you looked at the T&C of other operators, or from wholesalers (who may well have standard contracts for this)?

That is where I would start. I'd go through them with a fine toothcomb and decide what each clause means, and whether I would actually want it in my T&C. Then I would brainstorm for new issues. [This assumes though that you are fairly literate, and understand common business terms and practices].

At the end of the day, it is your business, and you will define what terms you want to operate under.

midynamics
02-03-2014, 06:04 PM
You will need IATA for sure. Then Tour Operator and Travel Agency license.