PDA

View Full Version : 10 Killer Profit Boosters

theeb13
03-17-2006, 02:00 AM
1. Gain an advantage over your competition. You
should find one benefit your competition doesn't
offer and use it as your main selling point.

2. Design your e-zine so it creates multiple free
advertising streams. Ask readers to forward it to
people they know, offer ad trades, etc.

3. Allow your visitors to subscribe to an update
e-zine. Anytime you make changes to your web
site they can receive an informative e-mail.

4. Focus your articles on information the targeted
readers and e-zine publishers want. They will get
published more often, which means free publicity.

5. Use problems to attract online traffic. Find a
common online problem and use your web site
to solve it. People will visit and see your ads.

6. Have an informative FAQ page at your web site.
Anticipate questions your prospects or visitors
may have; this will help improve your sales ratio.

7. Improve your negotiation skills. This'll improve
your business because you're always negotiating ad
swaps, supply prices, joint ventures, wages, etc.

8. Beat your competition by giving away a similar
product or service that they charge for. It could
be add on products, warranties, servicing, etc.

9. Build a larger online community by giving your
visitors bonuses for participating on your message
boards or chat rooms. Try free products, ads, etc.

10. Instead of starting an affiliate program, start
a referral program. Give people discounts and free
products for referring people to your site.

deeb basheer,

fated
05-18-2006, 11:13 AM
Thanks, valuable information....

Candlelady
07-26-2006, 06:25 AM
This is great information. I've printed it off and intend to use it as a multi part educational tip of the day at my BNI chapter.

Thanks!

Axmen
01-21-2014, 08:09 AM
Well written and I can see that you have experience on the topic.
Thanks for the information and thanks for sharing it with us, appreciate it.

- Best regards, Axmen.

Lodismel
01-25-2014, 12:01 AM
These aren't bad tips in general, but I was a bit confused when you used the word e-zine out of nowhere. This makes me assume that your tips are specifically for people that are making e-zines. You might want to clarify something like that in the Title of the thread. It is definitely true that the best form of advertisement is free advertisement. The best to get free advertisement is to have a product that is good enough for people to talk about. So make sure that you have a great product before you talk about it to other people.

cpefley
01-25-2014, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the valuable info. I think the first one is my favorite. Gaining a competitive edge is extremely important. However, I think ezines are a very outdated form of advertising. Social media is so much more effective and modern. Most of these tips are great though!

zweetieh
01-26-2014, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the useful information. I'm curious to know what the difference is in benefits between starting an affiliate program or a referral program.

to solve it. People will visit and see your ads

Do you have an easy method of finding what people's online problems are?

RickGrantham
01-26-2014, 01:50 PM
Do you have an easy method of finding what people's online problems are?

I know you didn't ask me, but I can't help but put my 2 cents in :)

I find problems that people are having before I develop products/services. A great way to do this is to go to where your customers hang out, and be part of the conversation. Listen for trends, etc.

Like Quora -- where people are asking questions.
Or joining several forums dedicated to your customers. Example, if I was looking to find problems for small business owners --- I would be right here, joining the conversation and listening for trends in problems that people have.

Rick

nicolefiore90
02-11-2014, 04:28 PM
Very useful information thank you. I have been thinking about creating a website for my website for a while and I will use these tips to help create a better website. Thank you!

her27
02-11-2014, 05:26 PM
I've been thinking about starting a blog or forum so thank you for all of the excellent information. It's definitely something to contemplate and hopefully come up with some interesting thoughts as to what I'd like my forum or blog to be about as well as what kind of topics other's are currently interested in talking or learning more about.

DomDom
02-11-2014, 05:44 PM
These tips are all pretty much no-brainers. I cant say I find alot of value in them because its pretty easy to simplify things like this. How can you ge away a service if you arent making profit?

delusional
02-12-2014, 01:20 AM
Nice copy/paste work. If you want to read the original book with all 1000 tips, follow this link: http://books.google.be/books?id=TZJrf188E1QC
All the tips are pretty similar. But what do you expect when you want to write 1000 tips.

john wensil
02-18-2014, 03:06 AM
1. Gain an advantage over your competition. You
should find one benefit your competition doesn't
offer and use it as your main selling point.

2. Design your e-zine so it creates multiple free
advertising streams. Ask readers to forward it to
people they know, offer ad trades, etc.

3. Allow your visitors to subscribe to an update
site they can receive an informative e-mail.

4. Focus your articles on information the targeted
readers and e-zine publishers want. They will get
published more often, which means free publicity.

to solve it. People will visit and see your ads.

6. Have an informative FAQ page at your web site.
Anticipate questions your prospects or visitors
may have; this will help improve your sales ratio.

7. Improve your negotiation skills. This'll improve
your business because you're always negotiating ad
swaps, supply prices, joint ventures, wages, etc.

8. Beat your competition by giving away a similar
product or service that they charge for. It could
be add on products, warranties, servicing, etc.

9. Build a larger online community by giving your
visitors bonuses for participating on your message
boards or chat rooms. Try free products, ads, etc.

10. Instead of starting an affiliate program, start
a referral program. Give people discounts and free
products for referring people to your site.

deeb basheer,

This is really good to know about so much different kinds of techniques to increase the buisness. Design your e-zine so it creates multiple free
advertising streams is really cool by Building a larger online community by giving your visitors bonuses for participating on your message
boards or chat rooms. Try free products, ads, etc.Apart from it have a look at the web site called www.talljef.com it would be helpful to you.

pahagwl
02-21-2014, 02:25 AM
I would like to commend the OP for giving out this valuable advice to all the members of this forum. But I am afraid that implementing these principles into the business cycle would incur certain costs to the business. So, before implementing these measures, I would like to suggest that you should carry out a feasibility study that whether the profits earned from the excess sales which result from these measures, are more than the costs incurred on implementing the said measures. Because it is only in that situation that the business would be in a situation of advantage.

CeliVega
02-21-2014, 02:40 AM
While the tips are general in nature, they do provide insights on a few areas that I need to improve to make my business a success. Thanks for posting this! I believe you must have put in a lot of efforts for the list. And is Ezine the site where you publish your own articles? I have never try using it before, perhaps I should look into the web site after this.

angelicagapit
02-21-2014, 02:59 AM
Thank you for this very useful information. These words can really benefit an entrepreneur and this can change the whole plan of a business.

Your thoughts on profit boosting is very interesting, and I'll definitely start instilling these words into my mind to improve my business and my future ventures.

mameeker@cuse
02-22-2014, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the info! These 10 points seem to be the basis of how most businesses survive.

Lithium
02-23-2014, 02:21 AM
Number five is the most useful to me. People will always have certain problems that need to be solved. Once you add a few tutorials, everybody will be happy. You should eventually open a forum where they ask questions and help each other, like this community. Believe, you will be rewarded very nicely if you put work and time into this!

apexa1
02-23-2014, 03:10 AM
Thanks for this list mate. Gonna print it out and stick it on my wall next to my workstation. Good info here, especially number 7. Need to work on my negotiation skills for sure

angelicagapit
02-23-2014, 03:11 AM
Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely look into number 3.

"3. Allow your visitors to subscribe to an update
site they can receive an informative e-mail."

I should implement this plan well, but of course we can't have them think that we will be spamming their inbox with a bunch of updates. We should still think about what is really important and beneficial for our customers.

Thanks for all these advices! It is very helpful information and I'll do my best to follow all these steps.

Geethan
12-09-2020, 02:03 AM
Making money ... While the profits are only possible when someone buys your products or services.

Rahul28
02-04-2021, 02:43 AM
This is great information.

Bigil
02-07-2021, 05:25 AM
This is great information. I've printed it off and intend to use it as a multi part educational tip of the day at my BNI chapter.

Rahul28
02-12-2021, 06:31 AM
Profit boosters grow your returns not just your sales - how to avoid extra sales flowing through a cracked system.