PDA

View Full Version : Help in starting ecommerce business?

ckad79
03-19-2006, 01:01 AM
Hello there! Sorry if any of this feels skewed or out of place, but that pretty much sums up how things have been going for me, as of lately. I'm in the process of starting up my own ecommerce business and I was wondering if there was place online, for me to get assistance in setting up the business (or legal) side of things?

Most of what I've found on the internet is information on creating a business plan. I understand that business plans are helpful when presenting your idea to investors, but I have saved up enough money on my own to buy supplies, purchase a domain, and from what I believe… start this adventure all on my own.

I’ve heard tons of different things… suggestions flying from all corners. I called a lawyer one day and he told me that it was the law that we pay him, or somebody like him, to check over our website before our company opened. I guess with things such as “terms and conditions”, his services may be necessary after all? BUT I’ve also heard others say that wasn’t necessary, since internet regulations were different and I just need a business license. BUT how do business license change, if at all, if we’re referring to ecommerce?? I don’t know who or what to believe anymore?? I have read all sorts of things over the internet, a list of tricks such as people registering their businesses in states like Nevada and Delaware for tax purposes. I don't know if I need to go to either of these states to register in-person, what paperwork I’ll need and how it affects me, as an inconvenience, if my business does not operate out of either state (I’m in Virginia)???

There seems to be a lot of companies out there willing to help and I don’t know if any of it is worth it? I did find this one website, offering to file my business in Nevada, fill out the proper paperwork and get my “corporation” registered within a few days. Is this legit? Is it cheaper than hiring a lawyer??? Would I still need a lawyer? What are the effects of not having one?

I’m ready to go and probably inpatient but I don’t want to throw out tons of cash to a lawyer or website scam, only to later find there was a much cheap and practical approach.

Barb
03-30-2006, 10:22 AM
Dear ckad79,
First and foremost, you are not alone in your state of confusion. Try to keep in mind that we're talking about cyberspace here and I think the old term for that was "the Twilight Zone". :roll:

You mentioned that you're wanting an e-commerce business. Please clarify this. Are you intending to start a business that exists only online, or do you have a business (like a gift shop with an actual storefront or something like it that you currently do at home parties or a flea market?)

If you already have a business with inventory or maybe you do taxes (a service you sell) that you just want to use the internet as a marketing source, you do have to register your business with your state.

If you are looking to start an online business, where whatever you sell will only be sold online, you do NOT need to register it or license it with any human being on this planet, as your registration in cyberspace will be automatic when you "register" your domain name for your website. If you sign up for an existing business (such as an affiliate), that registration will be taken care of for you if your website is provided by that business.

Either way, you do not need the services of any lawyer whatsoever - unless maybe you're going to start a law firm and, in that case, I have no idea.

I hope this takes a bit of the load off for you. Please be very careful about what you choose from existing businesses out here. The fraud is absolutely endless. Just keep in mind, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".

My best to you and your new venture,
Barb

hw15
04-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Wow! I am just starting a business and an e-commerce site too! People like us do not plan on having a real store, just a virtual one. We may carry inventory or use drop-shippers instead. All we have to do is operate the website and process orders, while the money from customers' online purchases flows into our bank account. We can wear jeans around the house and even answer all customer inquires by e-mail rather than phone. Isn't it that life!?

Here's what I've discovered so far...

First, let me comment on your post. You are correct that you do not need a lawyer to "check" over the website. Just build it and with a little advertising the shoppers will come. You are also correct that you do not need a business plan unless you are applying for a loan or other funding. People like you and me feel like we can start our e-business with say less than $300 startup costs. Aren't we lucky? You also do not need a business "license" unless you decide to create a LLC with your State. LLC's are just extra protection so if your company goes under, your house and car can't be taken away. Many states allow you to register your LLC online, not in person.

How does an e-commerce business work?

Your virtual store will need a domain name, host, website with homepage and contact us pages, product catalog, shopping cart, checkout system, merchant account, credit processing service, SSL certificate & CA certificate, and an order tracking system. But, all that is a whole other subject for later discussion.

Besides the online store operations, you will probably have to create relationships with vendors, suppliers and wholesalers to get the products, unless you are making them yourself. You will also be the one to process the orders and ship the products. Finally, you will need to handle customer service and returns. That's a tall order for a business owner! Don't forget the work involved in keeping the books, doing the accounting, and paying federal income taxes (every three months) and possible state/local sales taxes.

*Be aware that you will need to have a "secure" site if you are going to accept credit cards online or you could get into legal trouble.

Back to the business side... You probably want to sell goods over the internet, accept credit cards, and ship the products to the customers, right? In that case you need a way to get the products wholesale and deposit the customer payments. You could do all this using your personal identity and personal checking account. However, many people think it would be wiser to create a legitimate business, i.e. a sole proprietor/partnership, a LLC, or a corporation (only if you plan on having stock and shareholders).

*Warning: There are indeed a lot of people out there trying to take advantge of newbies. I saw one website that charged $150 for an EIN, which is free online at the IRS. That's crazy!

You can create a legitimate business for virtually zero cost. A sole proprietorship is absolutely free! At mininmum, you don't need to file any paperwork or applications or have any need for a lawyer at all. Do not listen to a lawyer who says otherwise. Please visit the IRS website for confirmation of these facts.

The steps for completing the process of forming your own business are different depending on which type of business entity you chose to become. Let's assume you plan on working from your home with no employees, for now. Which business type do you want to create?

For a Sole-Proprietorship (only one owner)

1. Choose a name for your business
2. Get a DBA (or Assumed Name) for the name of your business from your County Clerk. Cost: Usually $10
3. If you will have employees, get a federal EIN from the IRS. Otherwise, you can just use your social security number at tax time. Cost: Free of charge.
4. Get a sales tax permit or ID number from your State. Cost: Usually free

For a Partnership (two or more owners)

2. Get a DBA (or Assumed Name) for the name of your business from your County Clerk. Cost: Usually $10
3. As a partnership, you are required to get a federal EIN from the IRS whether or not you will have employees. You will use the EIN instead of your social security number at tax time. Cost: Free of charge

For a LLC (one or more owners)

2. Register your company with the Secretary of State to get a Certificate of Organization (or Articles of Formation). Cost: $50-500, depending on State
3. As an LLC, you are required to get a federal EIN from the IRS whether or not you will have employees. You will use the EIN instead of your social security number at tax time. Cost: Free
4. Get a sales tax permit or ID number from your State's Comptroller of Public Accounts. Cost: Usually free

Here is a chart comparing the business entities:

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=98191,00.html

Apply online for an EIN and get help for small businesses at the IRS website:

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/index.html

Now that you have followed these steps and created a ligitimate business, you are ready to go!

Go ahead and open up a business checking account at your bank, and with your sales tax permit, you can buy your wholesale products tax-exempt since you are going to tax the customer when you resell the products.

Oh yeah, don't forget you do not have to apply sales tax to internet purchases--unless the customer lives in the same state as your company, in which case you must charge sales tax.

Is your online store up and running now? Well, let's get to it!

Hope this was helpful.

Maverick
04-09-2006, 05:44 PM
A few additional points to consider,

* If and win you file a DBA ("Doing Business As" also called a Fictitious Name filing), you will likely be required to obtain a local business license.
* The easiest way to start and test your business is through the sole proprietorship entity. You can use PayPal like services for payments, like commonly done on eBay to solve the Credit Card acceptance issue. This account is in your name and private email and you can even get their Premier account providing you with a PayPal Debit card to give you immediate access to your funds.
* Once the business proves itself, and starts taking off, then you may desire to take on a formal legal structure that will meet your growing needs.
* The purpose of incorporating or a LLC is for tax and limited liability issues. If your business is easy to setup, low risk products, and low capital setup requirements, then this may be the best way to go.

Remember, if you have substantial assets, there are many online unethical stalkers online looking for businesses to attack financially, leaving your personal assets exposed to them. Just some food for thought!

As stated by hw15's comments (Good advice) and others here, it's rather simple to get started online to see if you have the program to make it successful.

A Word About Business Plans

Personally, I feel the Business Plan is critical to starting any business. Many people believe a business plan is only for obtaining financing. I create what I term a "Working Business Plan." It's primary function is serving as my template, business startup check off list, and road map to my goal. This type of BP is not designed for financing purposes, but operating a business. I realize the typical use of the term "Business Plan" provides financial info, projections, Due Diligence, and etc. for financing, but I strongly suggest a new business owner create a working BP.

Regards,
Maverick

hw15
04-10-2006, 11:29 AM
Also great advice, Maverick! You are very right, creating a personal business plan is a good idea.

I simply made a list of all the tasks I thought would have to be done and a flow-chart of how the business would operate.

Mine is as follows:

Research starting and operating a business, create a LLC
Build relationships with wholesalers or drop-shippers
Build website with product catalog, shopping cart, checkout system (with credit processing), and order tracking
The customer buys a product online
Process orders (forward to drop-shippers)
Log customer payments (using accounting system like Peachtree)
Drop-shipper ships product to customer, business pays drop-shipper
Handle customer service inquiries and returns
Perform bookkeeping and pay taxes

Seems like it will be a piece of cake! He he :)

------------------->

Also, a simple test to check the feasibility of your business idea is a quick financial reality-check, a Break-even Analysis.

The steps are as follows:

1. Estimate your monthly fixed costs. These are sometimes referred to as operating costs. For a web business, you may know how to code and maintain your own website, so your only costs might be web hosting or maybe some advertising. As a very conservative example, let's say your forsee that your fixed costs will be about $100/month.

2. Estimate your monthly sales revenue. This is how much money your customers pay you with their credit cards for the items you are selling online, such as collectible Elvis memorabilia. Let's say you think you can sell 2 items per week at $75 each, for a total of $600 per month. Thus, you predict that your sales revenue will be about $600/month, although we hope that someday it will be much higher after the business takes off.

3. Estimate your monthly gross profit. How much money will you actually make on each item you sell? You must subtract the "cost of goods," i.e. buying the Elvis products wholesale, paying service charges (like 2% of the selling price to PayPal or other credit processing service), paying for shipping and/or packing supplies, etc. Let's say the cost of goods is $50 every time you sell one of those $75 Elvis items. Thus, you predict that you can actually make just $25 profit on every $75 sale. So, for the month your $600 sales revenue is really just $200 in gross profit. Hey, that's not too shabby, is it?

4. Calculate your gross profit percentage. Simply divide the profits by the sales. In this example, $200 divided by $600 results in your gross profit percentage, or about 33%. Hey, pocketing 1/3 of every sale sounds pretty good, right? This web business might be worth your while. But, we aren't done quite yet....

5. Finally, it is time to calculate your Break-even Point. Simply divide your gross profit percentage by your fixed costs. In this example, 33% divided by $100 is your break-even point, or about $300 per month. This means, you must sell at least $300 worth of Elvis goods every month in order to cover the "cost of goods," pay your operating costs, and to merely stay in business.

6. Now let's put it all together by calculating your net profit. Remember that we estimated that you might generate $600 in total sales revenue? Here comes the reality-check: Take that $600 sales revenue multiplied by 33% gross profit percentage, minus $100 for operating costs. This equals $100 net profit. Yes, you heard that right -- only $100 goes in your pocket every month.

Conclusion: As you can see in this example, earning $600 in sales revenue might sound great at first. But, after you subtract the "cost of goods" and your operating costs, your business only has $100 net profit left to show for all that hard work. Don't forget, businesses who earn over $400 of "business income" per year must pay income tax, whether you are a sole proprietor or an LLC. Therefore, you will most likely have to pay 27% income tax on that $100/month of net profit, as well, leaving you with just $73 in your pocket!

Think about it, you just spent hours and hours of your time working your tail off for a whole month -- just to make $73! Would this make starting up a web business worth your while? It is up to you to decide.

This is where the term "maximizing your profits" comes in to play. You can try to shave off as much as you can from your "cost of goods" and your operating costs in order to increase the amount of your net profit. You can find a cheaper wholesaler or supplier, or you can cut-out the middleman, the drop-shipper. You can learn to code and maintain your own website or get a cheaper hosting service to save on operating costs. Another method is to raise the retail price your customers have to pay. But you can only squeeze so much juice out of a lemon! Some businesses increase their product offering to a broader range of items, or to a more unique mix of rare or hard to find items. One way or another, you need to find that "sweet spot" where you can provide customers with quality goods at the right price, while still making enough profit for yourself.

After doing these exercises, you will have a better idea of what you are getting yourself into. If you are not scared off by now, then go for it!

"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." -- Calvin Coolidge

bizdev
04-29-2006, 07:24 AM
If you are looking to start an online business, where whatever you sell will only be sold online, you do NOT need to register it or license it with any human being on this planet, as your registration in cyberspace will be automatic when you "register" your domain name for your website.

Just wanted to clarify...registering your domain name has nothing to do with registering your business. Just because your business is strictly "cyber", doesn't mean you don't need to register the business itself. As was mentioned already, if you choose to go with a DBA (Doing Business As), you will likely be registering the name with the county. And depending upon what type of business, you may need to be licensed by the state. In either case, you will be required to pay taxes (possibly state sales tax and state and fed income tax...just for starters) whether you are a sole proprietor or if you incorporate.

And I am on a mission to get the word out.....Do not incorporate if the sole reason is to protect your personal assets. Incorporating does not automatically place a magic cloak around your personal assets. There is a certain little form that you will be required to sign at every turn (landlords for brick & mortar types, credit card merchants, vendors, etc). That form overrides the corporation "protection". You will still be left wide open even after you have spent the money and gone through all the red tape to incorporate your business.

However, I don't agree with this: "there are many online unethical stalkers online looking for businesses to attack financially, leaving your personal assets exposed to them".

There has been much excellent information on this thread!

fool4nine
05-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Some pretty good info already but I will add my own from my experience. I started an ecommerce company 3 years ago with 5K seed money. Did $880K in sales in year 3. Sales will pass $1 mill this year. Profit is pretty good. Not as good as it might seem from those sales figures, but enough to provide a nice income.

Now -

1. You will sell more than you think very rapidly if you know what you are doing. I didn't know what I was doing at all, but it is easy to read all you need online.

2. Build up a cash reserve as fast as possible because as sales grow, you need cash to handle the cash flow delay between paying vendors and receiving the money back into your account.

3. Be very careful with PPC. I nearly pay-per-clicked myself right out of business in the first 6 months because I was spending more than I was making on some keywords and was not paying close enough attention to it.

4. Learn all you can about SEO, good website design, and bad website design.

5. Do get a city business license, state business license, state name registration, federal EIN number, business bank account, LLC structure. Sure you don't HAVE to get all that, BUT - remember that you are going to try to convince a bunch of companies that are ALL much much bigger than your company, to sell to you. Believe me, you will be selling yourself and your company to people that really won't care about your tiny sales. Unless you are Wal-Mart or a simular company, there will be some begging involved at times. Yes, the days when manufacturer's wanted to sell to ANY company are long gone. Many vendors are very selective of whom they sell to and this is largely because of Ebay sellers and other small ecommerce companies.

You MUST portray a sense of sound business structure and legitimacy to not only vendors but customers too. Many vendors will ask you to fax a copy of your business license to them. If you say, "well I'm small and don't have one yet", the conversation is over and you may not get another chance with that vendor.

Even with selling a million a year (still a micro business) many vendors will just not be interested. It has taken me three years of asking to be accepted by one vendor I've been pursuing and there are several others that I'm still calling about every 3-6 months. Don't mess around and get setup like a "real" business which you are. Then hold your head high (but beg when you need to :wink:).

6. Try to look like a big company online. Customers are very scarred of providing their credit card numbers online. I still see ecommerce companies that have their family picture with dog on their "about us" page. Cute, but...Not the best way to portray corporate stability. That may work is "some" select markets, but it is really not that hard to create a look just as "corporate" as the big box stores. I get calls every day from customers that assume I'm the manufacturer. Works for me.

7. Don't low ball everything. Selling too low can start a price war with your competition which you can't afford. Try matching your competition instead of undercutting them. Your overhead will be more than you think. I see people online selling stuff at less than 10% Gross Profit. Take out PPC fees, credit card fees, and overhead, and they are barely breaking even. I try not to sell anything for less than 10% and only go that low on big ticket drop ship items. But I have many items in the 25-50% GP range to balance out those 10% items.

8. Treat your vendors like gold - they are. Treat your customers even better. Also be nice to the competition. You are joining a community of ecommerce owners. Being "nice" to them is a wise policy as they may have strong relationships with your vendors and can help you or hurt you.

9. Invest as much as possible back into your business to improve your order volume handling ability. When I first started, more than 10 orders a day and I felt like I was going nuts. With the software and hardware I now have, I can handle more than 100 orders in a day with the same number of employees; that is one (1 - me!).

You will need a good order manager software (I recommend StoneEdge). bar code scanner, computer integrated scale. You can buy these over time or as you grow, UPS will pay for some of it (if you are shipping yourself).

10. Drop shipping is a pain in the A$$. Sure I still drop ship about 15% of my orders for products that are not regular sellers. But drop shipping will quickly become a nightmare if business grows rapidly for you. I put all my profit into inventory starting at the 6 month point as I realized quickly that you lose too much control with drop shipping. Out grow the 2 car garage after 18 months and had to buy a house with a 4 car garage. Try drop shipping, but unless they vendor is very good with drop shipping, and provides lots of good reports on inventory levels and order status, you will be pulling out your hair and your customers will be angry.

11. Best advice - don't give up. My second online store failed to do well and I closed it. It was "almost" my first store. Had it been, I may not have stuck with it. So don't give up if your first venture does take off. Try something else. There is so much opportunity out there!

12. Take all major credit cards with a "real" merchant account. When you shop at Wally World or Amazon, do they only take "paypal"? AMEX costs a bit more to take but the $$ per order on AMEX orders is much higher overall. So take all four major credit cards. Remember, an "online" business is just like a brick and morter business without the bricks.

13. Don't neglect accounting. I did and regret it. Get a software accounting package early in your businesses life and learn to use it.

14. Get an airline mileage business checking debit card and use it to pay for everything you can including your vendors. After a year or two and sales are doing well, you will earn lots of miles which you can use to travel to trade shows. You will want to go to the large trade shows for your product area as you will be able to meet your vendors, strength your relationships with them, and find many great products to sell. The trade shows really get your business brain into overdrive. You will find ideas to spawn a dozen more websites.

You are also going to be working your a$$ off to get your business to suceed and you are going to need a vacation or two each year to keep from burnout.

15. ALWAYS be working ON your business. Not just IN your business but ON it. After a few years you will look back at what your website "use" to look like and laugh at yourself. Keep working on it and improving it. Keep a "favorites" folder of great web designs that you come across. Hire help when you need it and can afford it, to improve your sites look and useability. Remember, conversion rates are in the 1-2% range. The fact is that 98 to 99 of every 100 customers to your site will not purchase anything. You will have to continue to improve the site to hopefully improve those conversions.

Best of luck.
SPage

professionalnick
05-19-2006, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the amazing information!
(bump)

Nerohs
02-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Wow, such great advice, I myself am trying to start up an online business, the only problem is I have no income, and no part-time job. Is anyone here familiar with Affiliate marketing? It almost consists of starting up your own e-commerce business, but you do not have to go through the trouble of stating DBA's, and merchant accounts, etc. You just have to get people to buy the vendors product through, your affiliate link. The possibilities are endless. I am looking for a place to make money, to use that money to invest on bigger things.... maybe a part time job will greatly help me on my journey haha.

delusional
02-24-2014, 12:52 PM
Wow! I am just starting a business and an e-commerce site too! People like us do not plan on having a real store, just a virtual one. We may carry inventory or use drop-shippers instead. All we have to do is operate the website and process orders, while the money from customers' online purchases flows into our bank account. We can wear jeans around the house and even answer all customer inquires by e-mail rather than phone. Isn't it that life!?

Here's what I've discovered so far...

First, let me comment on your post. You are correct that you do not need a lawyer to "check" over the website. Just build it and with a little advertising the shoppers will come. You are also correct that you do not need a business plan unless you are applying for a loan or other funding. People like you and me feel like we can start our e-business with say less than $300 startup costs. Aren't we lucky? You also do not need a business "license" unless you decide to create a LLC with your State. LLC's are just extra protection so if your company goes under, your house and car can't be taken away. Many states allow you to register your LLC online, not in person.

How does an e-commerce business work?

Your virtual store will need a domain name, host, website with homepage and contact us pages, product catalog, shopping cart, checkout system, merchant account, credit processing service, SSL certificate & CA certificate, and an order tracking system. But, all that is a whole other subject for later discussion.

Besides the online store operations, you will probably have to create relationships with vendors, suppliers and wholesalers to get the products, unless you are making them yourself. You will also be the one to process the orders and ship the products. Finally, you will need to handle customer service and returns. That's a tall order for a business owner! Don't forget the work involved in keeping the books, doing the accounting, and paying federal income taxes (every three months) and possible state/local sales taxes.

*Be aware that you will need to have a "secure" site if you are going to accept credit cards online or you could get into legal trouble.

Back to the business side... You probably want to sell goods over the internet, accept credit cards, and ship the products to the customers, right? In that case you need a way to get the products wholesale and deposit the customer payments. You could do all this using your personal identity and personal checking account. However, many people think it would be wiser to create a legitimate business, i.e. a sole proprietor/partnership, a LLC, or a corporation (only if you plan on having stock and shareholders).

*Warning: There are indeed a lot of people out there trying to take advantge of newbies. I saw one website that charged $150 for an EIN, which is free online at the IRS. That's crazy!

You can create a legitimate business for virtually zero cost. A sole proprietorship is absolutely free! At mininmum, you don't need to file any paperwork or applications or have any need for a lawyer at all. Do not listen to a lawyer who says otherwise. Please visit the IRS website for confirmation of these facts.

The steps for completing the process of forming your own business are different depending on which type of business entity you chose to become. Let's assume you plan on working from your home with no employees, for now. Which business type do you want to create?

For a Sole-Proprietorship (only one owner)

3. If you will have employees, get a federal EIN from the IRS. Otherwise, you can just use your social security number at tax time. Cost: Free of charge.

For a Partnership (two or more owners)

3. As a partnership, you are required to get a federal EIN from the IRS whether or not you will have employees. You will use the EIN instead of your social security number at tax time. Cost: Free of charge

For a LLC (one or more owners)

2. Register your company with the Secretary of State to get a Certificate of Organization (or Articles of Formation). Cost: $50-500, depending on State
3. As an LLC, you are required to get a federal EIN from the IRS whether or not you will have employees. You will use the EIN instead of your social security number at tax time. Cost: Free
4. Get a sales tax permit or ID number from your State's Comptroller of Public Accounts. Cost: Usually free

Here is a chart comparing the business entities:

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=98191,00.html

Apply online for an EIN and get help for small businesses at the IRS website:

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/index.html

Now that you have followed these steps and created a ligitimate business, you are ready to go!

Go ahead and open up a business checking account at your bank, and with your sales tax permit, you can buy your wholesale products tax-exempt since you are going to tax the customer when you resell the products.

Oh yeah, don't forget you do not have to apply sales tax to internet purchases--unless the customer lives in the same state as your company, in which case you must charge sales tax.

Is your online store up and running now? Well, let's get to it!

Hope this was helpful.

This was incredibly helpful, hw15! I even copy/pasted it to a file where I can keep it for later use. If you don't mind at least? It's a great resume of what you should do to start your business.

bizratings
05-02-2014, 09:46 AM
You really dont have to pay a lawyer at this stage. If you want to develop terms & conditions you can easily find a freelancer on those crowd sourcing sites who would write one for you at an almost negligible cost.

mattandshana
05-22-2014, 11:54 AM
ckad79,

I, too am pretty new to ecommerce... Affiliate Marketing, to be precise. You pose a lot of good questions. Things that I haven't actually considered since, well, you never hear about any of the legalities of establishing yourself as the owner of a piece of cyberspace. I do believe that Barb is correct, though. This may be something to consider as you design your business plan. Do you really want to shell out the extra capital to establish a business entity or, would you rather use that money to use in your online initial marketing campaigns? Personally, I would invest in getting a foothold on the web and establishing your internet presence. I am involved in an incredible education system that teaches you all about the skills, strategies, and techniques that will help any newbie with building an online business.

Best of Luck,

Matt

Vishal
07-16-2014, 04:49 AM
e commerce business is a very large type of business process. That need a large knowledge of online selling. Online marketing is the main source of this kind of business. You have to start your business with a e commerce website or portal. After that you have to open your regional offices with sales mans in that cities in which you want to supply your products. Makes a twinning and business connection to the different companies to get the products & supply chain. Hire some processional and experienced employee who have complete knowledge of the e commerce and online selling. This complete process provide you a path to start you work and after that time to time you have to improve your all services and remove all kind bad points.

Catalog processing services (http://www.dataplusvalue.com/catalog-processing.html)

ChristyMathew
07-18-2014, 02:25 AM
Amazing post,
Really enjoyed on this post and it takes nearly 30 mins to read complete thread, it awesome i like to book mark this forum for y future use because i am planning to start a business and website Ecommerce after 2 months..

jonsonfork
07-23-2014, 01:06 AM
This is good information you people sharing here about starting e commerce business. Many people want to start their own business but does not know the actual way to do. But after reading this post i am sure they can understand the factors and tips to start business online.

Malik Suleman
11-28-2015, 12:36 AM
This was incredibly helpful, hw15! I even copy/pasted it to a file where I can keep it for later use. If you don't mind at least? It's a great resume of what you should do to start your business.

yeah according to the description there we needs a lot things to search and do about.

filingenie
04-24-2017, 01:57 AM
Hi Guyz, Filingenie is offering tax filings services for your business. Filingenie helps organizations and individuals to get their act together with integrated and comprehensive business solutions. Give us a few basic details, and we take care of all your business procedures in a jiffy. Now, that’s what you would call the magic ! Kindly Call at - 869-195-0000 to consult with their business experts. You Can also visit the website : www.filingenie.com

MahaKarthi
06-20-2017, 02:22 AM
Get the help from experts such as Piterion in order to start the right ecommerce business. It has become a highly competitive world of enterprises these days

JonesYun
04-24-2018, 04:16 AM
jones0630.x.yupoo.com

X-ITM
05-05-2018, 09:39 PM
free start up help for every one

Free Site Basics
As a free X-ITM user, you get basic website with a template of your choice from our list, we will leave the rest to you with administration panel, were you will also get 3 emails of your choice, storage limited to 200mb and a UK phone number and 1 extension on a VPN highly secured network, with music on old and pause options.

Make your free site as unique as you are.
Key features available to all users:
• We provide all of our users with top industry site hosting and multi Data Centre DR that keeps your site safe and secure.
• A free site includes 500MB of storage and up to 500MB bandwidth.
• All Free X-ITM sites display X-ITM logo.
• You may pick your domain name
• All domains are delivered with https:// urls.

Other Features and Service are available in different price plans please contact us for details and requirements

Daniel Jameson
05-11-2018, 01:32 AM
Most 10 Top Tips To Start E-Commerce Business

If you want to start an e-commerce business you need to register it your Business name.

10 Things to Start E-Commerce

1.Choose the Your Business Name
2.Secure Your website Domain Name
3.Select The Best Business Structure and Register Your Business
4.Get Your Employer Identification Number
5.Apply for Business Licenses and Permits
6.Find the Right Vendors
7.Start Marketing Early
8.Get More Productive with the Right Software
9.Stock Your Inventory
10.Make Sure Your Business Stays Compliant

Vulture Peak
05-20-2018, 12:38 AM
Find or create an online shopping cart that utilizes the full security options to accept credit cards. Read up on best practices for accepting E-commerce payments, I will be blogging about this and many other issues faced in the payments industry from my experience as a customer support technical support representative at Vulturepeak.net. I have seen first-hand the damages merchants experience from accepting credit cards online.

Remember processing credit cards online poses perils to your business. Rates are higher because of the risk taken to accept these cards without the card holder being present in front of you with their card approving the sale.

If a scammer orders from you and provides all the right card info they can make off with your merchandise while you have the funds from the sale debited from your bank account plus fees.

Your only option is to involve the police to try to catch this scammer. Your processing company will place the liability on you and you will have the money debited from your bank account and you will have lost the merchandise.

Don't ship to anywhere but the billing address of the card to add extra security!

moderndavinci18
05-20-2018, 03:13 PM
Many have already given you pretty good tips on how to run an e-commerce store, but I will share with you something that will give you an edge over your competition. If you can bring amazing customer support, then you will obtain better results, because your conversion rate will be higher. That's the end game, because you want to get the maximum number of conversions for your traffic, and that is why it is a good idea to invest in the service desk software for best customer services (https://www.kayako.com/help-desk-software/knowledge-base), which is Kayako nowadays.

Business-Consulting_DrJMC
03-21-2019, 12:27 PM
ckad79:

There are many business registration kits. eCommerce businesses require specific security, storage, and interface consideration; depending on the "specific" industry you will be in you may want to determine needs and certifications.

ruhiangel
11-13-2019, 03:05 AM
Don't rush the launch. One of the biggest mistakes unsuccessful ecommerce entrepreneurs make is forcing or rushing the launch of a website. ...
Put the focus on the user. ...
Test absolutely everything. ...
Work closely with social. ...
Incorporate social elements. ...
Go mobile. ...
Stay on top of SEO. ...
Collect information.

Srh11
11-29-2019, 05:29 AM
You should hire a legal professional. It will prove to be helpful in the long run for your online business (https://www.myefilings.com/).

Srh11
11-29-2019, 05:31 AM
Hire a legal professional for proper guidance for your e-commerce business (https://www.myefilings.com/).

John G. Anai
02-18-2020, 01:20 AM
stablish Your Brand & Ecommerce Business
Step 1: Register Your Business
Step 2: Pick Your Store's Name
Step 3: Get Your Business Licenses
Step 4: Get Your Employer Identification Number
Step 5: Apply for Business Licenses and Permits
Step 6: Find the Right Vendors
Step 7: Logo Creation
Step 8: Get Visual

https://aleximbuilders.com/

maryjfriedman
02-18-2020, 04:38 AM
you can Open Ecommerce Business on the internet easily, Like Make your own website, Join the Amazon, Alibaba, eBay and other good eCommerce platforms.

SuperPuper
11-25-2020, 07:35 PM
Thanks for such a useful thread

Triman
03-16-2021, 11:45 AM
Everything depends on your business's size, but I would recommend using https://wow24-7.io/call-center because it is great! They have a free option and are competitively priced, read more about them here on their own website. Good luck with your business.