PDA

View Full Version : Business Idea - Feedback Welcome

BrianM
09-15-2015, 04:27 PM
Hi Guys,
This is my first post so please bear with me..

I have an e-commerce business running, although it is quiet and quite seasonal.

I have a repository of Coat of Arms / Family Crests that sell as customised printed material locally..

I've been toying with the idea of creating another site aimed at more wholesale trade.
The product I'm looking at offering would be Wedding/Anniversary gift in that it would have two coats of arms, couples names and date of wedding. The site would facilitate these to be customised online and downloaded for printing to resell.

I'm crunching numbers at the moment but looking at charging $10 for the download, this could be printed with a regular inkjet/laser printer and if a $5-10 frame is added it would retail for ~$50. I think that would be attractive enough margins to catch folks with gift stores etc..

I was thinking of using affiliate marketing to drive activity (and hopefully customers) to the site by offering a %, I think I can go to 15%, maybe 20% initially to get things moving..

I'd appreciate any feedback on the idea and the numbers I've thrown about, I've not done any wholesale or affiliate business before so I'm throwing the idea out to see if I'm thinking along the right lines..

Feedback welcome

BrianM

ceryshanson
09-16-2015, 02:08 PM
I guess what you have it there and your plans will work well. Affiliate marketing really goes well with e-commerce websites.

WPCarer
09-17-2015, 04:03 AM
Overall, it sounds like a great idea and you've got most of it figured out! I think 20% sounds a bit high though!

Iseult

BrianM
09-17-2015, 04:16 AM
Thanks..
It's hard to come in cold to affiliate marketing and know where to pitch.. I suppose its a balancing act to attract the right people to market my product and make it worth their while.. I probably need to do some more research on the payment rates and try to get it right. I'm interested in building a longer term relationship with people rather than making a fast buck and running for the hills..
I've set a "go live" date of Dec-1 so have a bit of time to tinker with things and get it right..

KennethCBragg
10-25-2015, 12:58 AM
Its great and wonderfull idea for all ppl

MahaKarthi
11-30-2015, 05:53 AM
E commerce is a booming industry and this is highly looked upon as a profitable area to commence business. There are so many diverse ideas such as clothing, electronics, gifting and the list is endless so as to give the users the best service.

Malik Suleman
12-28-2015, 12:22 PM
e commerece is a glooming business and if you need any research, you can consult on fiverr at www.fiverr.com/malik1994

dichthuatsms
05-14-2016, 11:27 AM
15% to 20% for leads (not sales) is a little too high. There might be a big gap between a visit and a purchase. In order to figure out the right rate, you should consider the conversion rate of your site, and also work to improve it properly.

utkarsh
05-18-2016, 12:11 PM
My friend its 2016 and now a days people are more dependent on online facilities. going for online is really a great idea.

But i think first of all you should create the need by educating them or informing them by means of various marketing stuff.

first of all u have to burn the money because competition is too tough.

what i think is you should strategies and plan your moves,

you must through your money in marketing that’s for sure. but before going for affiliate why dont you do something that will help your customers first.

then surely you can go for affiliate.

Hellosolifornia
07-18-2016, 05:44 AM
I guess you should go for Affiliate Marketing. That will be better for you

GlenGBillings
03-30-2018, 09:22 AM
I think about what you have it there and your plans will function admirably. Offshoot promoting truly runs well with internet business sites.