PDA

View Full Version : Is Ebay a good way to sell new banner ads?

Fletch
04-17-2006, 06:49 AM
Hi,

I've just launched a website offering free hosting and online web design tools. I'm hoping to secure a little revenue with a main banner at the top of my homepage. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with auction results of selling banners on Ebay. When I looked this morning there were 72 various ads for sale on there.

Cheers - Fletch

Kenix
04-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Hi, perhaps the first thing is you will have to show how many visitors your site is getting. This will be the main source of attraction to your advertiser. Also, your ad price will be depending on this number.

hmm....personally i would rather place an ad in some other place than on eBay for this. Perhaps on trade directory, or even approach the business owner directly to see if there are interested. Forum is also a good place to look for your prospect.

There are some forums which they have a marketplace column, where you can post your offer there.

the_host
05-14-2006, 08:50 PM
I wouldnt really use ebay for this. It could work, but there are forums where you can advertise your ad space for sale, I find that more effective.

nowicki2013
02-04-2014, 02:50 PM
I would never sell anything on eBay. There are way too many fees associated with selling anything on this website. There are always a lot of scam artists on eBay as well you have to worry about. The worst thing about eBay is that if there is ever an issue with payments or refunds they will almost always side with the buyer. For these three reasons alone I will never sell anything on eBay again.

highzeroflife
02-04-2014, 10:52 PM
Hi,

I've just launched a website offering free hosting and online web design tools. I'm hoping to secure a little revenue with a main banner at the top of my homepage. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with auction results of selling banners on Ebay. When I looked this morning there were 72 various ads for sale on there.

Cheers - Fletch

I would find someone that specializes in this area. You can PM me and i'll help you out if you would like.

There are 100's if not 1000's of ad exchanges out there that will give you a code to put on page. You can set price levels of what this spot is worth and they will fill this spot and generate as much money as they can for you.

(this is what I do for a living)

Lodismel
02-05-2014, 10:14 AM
It does seem a little sketchy to find something through e-bay. I would definitely try to get in contact with somebody directly. There's no reason to take risks with that sort of thing when you can have a short conversation with somebody to make it easier. Not sure that e-bay is the best choice for your situation.

her27
02-10-2014, 06:11 PM
I would probably perform some research to see what others in your field of expertise have done. Website design has become fairly simplified over the past few years, so you'd definitely want to make certain that you're targeting the right kind of traffic to your site that would be in need or your services.

delusional
02-11-2014, 03:43 AM
Don't sell them on Ebay and certainly don't sell them using Paypal unless you want to lose money. Ebay and Paypal both have a policy against digital items. If you sell something digital, the buyer can ask his/her money back and you can't do anything about it. Try to use your own shopping cart system on your website.

JohnFMarketing
02-11-2014, 10:28 PM
You wouldn't find a lot of buyers on eBay, aside from their policy against doing this. If your site is small, just use an ad network. If it gets over 10,000 visitors a day, figure out who would profit most from advertising on it and approach a few of those companies directly.

CeliVega
02-12-2014, 04:52 AM
In my opinion Ebay is more suited for transactions involving physical items or products. But that's just me though. It's true that you can find success if you can find your target audience or customers there.

Vash
02-16-2014, 11:49 AM
If I am not mistaken, OP is trying to sell ad space for some revenue. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I wouldn't use ebay for selling ad space. As I have not heard of any success story about it.

The best places to sell ad space is BuySellAds. They are the top dog in this category. Once you have more than 20,000 page impressions per month, your web site will be listed in their Marketplace. The advertisers will come by themselves if you have a decent web site. Yes, I have first hand experience with this and I am still selling ad space through BSA as we speak. I have found out that once you have sold your first ad, the bandwagons will come one by one much faster than the first one. :) The only downside with BSA is that they take a 25% cut out of your ads revenue.

There are other options to sell your ad space. You can buy the OIO Publisher platform with an one time fee. It works just like BSA, except you get to keep 100% of your revenue. The downside of OIO Publisher is that you have to find your own advertisers, since you do not get the exposure as if you are with BSA.

campbelljof
05-09-2014, 04:53 AM
eBay is very famous for banner ads but sales depends on the quality of banner ads design. An attractive banner ads and text on the ads can drive more traffic to your website and generate sales.

touqeer
05-09-2014, 07:20 AM
Ebay is the one of the best website to sell the products of own or affiliate the third party products. But if you sell the ads of your ebay website. I think it down the quality of the website. It is not good idea.

NukeBlaster
05-21-2014, 06:55 AM
Definitely, I would like to say 'YES'

Tweetcinema
07-20-2014, 10:52 AM
Yes, according to the latest trends, Ebay is the most effective way to sell new banner ads......

ChristyMathew
07-21-2014, 12:42 AM
Simply i suggest you to dont sell anything via ebay, because due to transactions related to payments, refunds are not clear with that.
I had some negative experience with that.

CyberJohn
12-22-2016, 07:48 AM
Hi there! here's a site that may give you tips on how to market your banner ads on ebay ..check it out ..hope it helps

Marketing Your eBay Sales to the Internet (http://marketinghangout.co/u/1091/marketing-your-ebay-sales-to-the-internet)

CyberJohn
01-20-2017, 10:19 AM
Try to check this tips. It really helps you ...

51 Secrets to eBay Success (http://marketinghangout.co/u/1369/15-examples-of-great-link-bait-and-how-they-succeeded)

Dilan
11-08-2018, 12:37 PM
I have experience in this area and I managed to earn good money in this way. The platform ebay really gives you the opportunity to buy a good product at a low price and this is a great opportunity to sell this product to other people several times more expensive and multiply your money. I do not use auctions because usually, I use coupons and on this site firstordercode.com (https://www.firstordercode.com/) there are coupons not only for ebay but also for other cool internet markets and you will be able to save money on purchases of the goods you need. If you are looking for something specific, but you can’t find it at any of your regular online shopping store list or the store doesn’t offer any discounts, FirstOrderCode may help you find a similar store and you will be able to get exactly what you want at a much more affordable price.

mayoskinclinic
11-09-2018, 06:59 AM
well you can add over there ebay to promote business

Rajat89
11-21-2018, 12:29 AM
First of all, you need good visitors on your website because the price will depend on your website traffic.

australiataxi
11-22-2018, 08:48 AM
ebay and amazon are good ways to promote the site in google

peter458
12-06-2018, 07:11 AM
If you have a good traffic on your blog you can also sale your site banner ads...

aachi
02-25-2019, 05:54 AM
I don't think it's gonna work!

customerhelpuk
02-26-2019, 06:17 AM
Yahoo Customer Care Number UK is the first choice of the users to resolve their problem related to yahoo mail instantly. Because customer satisfaction is our first priority. We believe in customer satisfaction.

cognitive
03-01-2019, 09:51 PM
Ebay is one of the best online market as I have used it during last five years

afrahtravel
03-05-2019, 01:15 AM
Yes

Afrah Travel agency +965 25720769 company provides clients with the best service, they follow international standards, and plan the best and top honeymoon trips, as well as cruise trips.

cognitive
04-29-2019, 10:53 AM
I suggest you just create Page on Ebay and do marketing of this page through Social Networks and also go for SEO of the this page

amayajace
11-27-2019, 02:26 AM
Yes, it is an auction site, but it can be a great way to promote your car and sell it quickly and easily. That being said, selling a car on eBay is not without risks. A big potential hurdle you'll need to get over is if you have no seller history on eBay.

petermessi
08-11-2020, 08:48 AM
It is useful info..thanks for sharing

lincy
08-12-2020, 01:53 AM
Thanks for sharing an useful post

lishmaliny
08-12-2020, 05:12 AM
Promoted Listings are a great tool for boosting your items in the search results, and can have a really positive impact on sales. Depending on how competitive your product category is, Promoted Listings may not secure as many additional sales as you hope, but it should still have an effect.

Geethan
09-01-2020, 06:30 AM
It depends what you are selling and where your customers 'hang'.
Think about what your customers like to read, do on the weekend and what social media platforms they use more than others.

To promote your eBay store, I would use Instagram and Pinterest to start (especially if they are female). They are both visual platforms that can potentially drive a lot of shoppers to your eBay listings. If you have a product that needs a lot of explanation, you could try YouTube.

You could also try starting a blog, participating in forums, send a free sample to influences or create a pop up shop (again it depends on what you are selling).

Geethan
09-03-2020, 12:55 AM
In short, every seller can benefit from advertising their products on eBay. It stands to reason that the more people can see your listing, the more likely it is to sell. ... eBay advertising can also be a great way to increase the sales velocity of some of your best selling items as well.

stevealex000
09-08-2020, 12:37 AM
Truly. Advanced Listings are an incredible instrument for boosting your things in the query items, and can have a truly certain effect on deals. Contingent upon how serious your item class is, Promoted Listings may not make sure about the same number of extra deals as you trust, yet it should in any case have an impact.

stevealex000
09-15-2020, 05:59 AM
some eBay sellers aren't only skilled at getting their listings in front of potential purchasers, completing sales and garnering positive feedback — they're also incredibly successful at it. ...

raviseo121
09-17-2020, 01:02 AM
thanks for sharing with us

jayam12
10-19-2020, 03:34 AM
In short, every seller can benefit from advertising their products on eBay. ... Most sellers find that new items with no sales history and seasonal items tend to benefit the most from eBay advertising. eBay advertising can also be a great way to increase the sales velocity of some of your best selling items as well.

mithu
10-19-2020, 04:07 AM
So, if you generate 100,000 page views a day then you can make $100 – $300 a day from CPM Networks. Again, you can earn $100 – $300 (or maybe even more) a day by selling banner ads directly to advertisers. Now, you can split the traffic into three as you're earning $300 each from 3 advertising networks.

Geethan
12-01-2020, 12:31 AM
Most sellers find that new items with no sales history and seasonal items tend to benefit the most from eBay advertising. eBay advertising can also be a great way to increase the sales velocity of some of your best selling items as well.

Nags
12-01-2020, 12:59 AM
I wouldnt really use ebay for this. It could work, but there are forums where you can advertise your ad space for sale, I find that more effective.

Geetha john
12-02-2020, 01:10 AM
In short, every seller can benefit from advertising their products on eBay. ... Most sellers find that new items with no sales history and seasonal items tend to benefit the most from eBay advertising. eBay advertising can also be a great way to increase the sales velocity of some of your best selling items as well.

Rahul28
02-15-2021, 03:22 AM
Compared to Amazon (and even though you can buy used items on both), people prefer eBay when shopping for second-hand goods. Also, its auction-model lends itself perfectly to selling used items, offering buyers a chance to purchase them at competitive prices.

notty667
02-16-2021, 02:04 AM
Compared to Amazon (and even though you can buy used items on both), people prefer eBay when shopping for second-hand goods. Also, its auction-model lends itself perfectly to selling used items, offering buyers a chance to purchase them at competitive prices.

Geetha
02-17-2021, 12:34 AM
If you've racked up some sales on eBay and have positive feedback to show for it, you should definitely try advertising on eBay — especially if you answered “yes” to the other questions we've covered. Positive feedback is very important on eBay. If you have a 66% feedback score, advertising may be a waste of money.

master007
03-13-2021, 12:34 AM
There are way too many fees associated with selling anything on this website. There are always a lot of scam artists on eBay as well you have to worry about. The worst thing about eBay is that if there is ever an issue with payments or refunds they will almost always side with the buyer. For these three reasons alone I will never sell anything on eBay again.

notty667
03-13-2021, 05:48 AM

MASTERO
03-16-2021, 02:08 AM
eBay's advertising services boost the visibility of your listing by 30%. Most sellers find that new items with no sales history and seasonal items tend to benefit the most from eBay advertising. eBay advertising can also be a great way to increase the sales velocity of some of your best selling items as well

alishbasaki
03-18-2021, 12:14 AM
Advanced postings are an extraordinary method to help an item's perceivability to more purchasers and increment eBay deals. ... It's additionally important that the 2019 update implies that in the event that you run an eBay supported posting, your natural posting will not show up in similar outcomes.

MASTERO
03-18-2021, 01:56 AM
eBay's advertising services boost the visibility of your listing by 30%. Most sellers find that new items with no sales history and seasonal items tend to benefit the most from eBay advertising. eBay advertising can also be a great way to increase the sales velocity of some of your best selling items as well.

seowebhelp
03-22-2021, 09:46 PM
I think not useful ebay to sell the banners.

Retinal detachment surgery (https://iclinix.in/what-is-diabetic-retinopathy/) l Retinal detachment treatment (https://iclinix.in/what-is-the-cost-of-laser-operation-for-diabetic-retinopathy-in-india/) l Diabetic Retinopathy treatment (https://iclinix.in/what-are-potential-complications-of-diabetic-retinopathy-treatment/) l Dr. Varun Gogia (https://iclinix.in/about/) l IClinix (https://iclinix.in/)

alishbasaki
03-23-2021, 12:07 AM
Advanced postings are an incredible method to support an item's perceivability to more purchasers and increment eBay deals. ... It's likewise important that the 2019 update implies that in the event that you run an eBay supported posting, your natural posting will not show up in similar outcomes.

Geetha
03-26-2021, 02:05 AM
eBay's advertising services boost the visibility of your listing by 30%. Most sellers find that new items with no sales history and seasonal items tend to benefit the most from eBay advertising. eBay advertising can also be a great way to increase the sales velocity of some of your best selling items as well.

Nags
03-27-2021, 12:56 AM