PDA

View Full Version : How to find my target audience - Fashion Design

lmj_31
04-18-2006, 07:52 PM
I have a fashion idea and want to start off small with a few garments on Ebay to introduce the brand and character.

I don't know whether my target audience would be heavy metal markets or more upmarket buyers with alternative tastes in clothing.

How can I figure out my target audience so I know which industry to focus on and how can I find out whether my character should be a cartoon or a real person and which would be more saleable??

Thank you :)

mbtmd
04-26-2006, 11:48 AM
In my opinion. Trial and error... I mean you could pay a firm and do market analysis but that can get expensive. If I where you I would post a few on ebay and look at the demographics of the buyers. What state they purchase from, age, etc.

jenlownie
04-26-2006, 06:50 PM
If you put a few up on ebay, you will learn and you will also have to deal with people seeing your idea and trying to make/sell it themselves. Possibly if you do an 'about me' page you could also request people to fill out a survey, indicating if they are interested in (x) or (y)? Do they allow that sort of thing on the 'about me' page? I think so, since they allow links etc. You might not get much response - but then again, you might learn lots.

Worth trying?

Jen Lownie

Harishb
10-09-2019, 05:10 AM
Here is a list that will help you in gathering information about your ideal customer -

Age group.
Gender.
Demographic.
Location.
Current educational or occupational background.
Buyer’s needs or pain points.
How can you provide them with a solution?
Buyer’s interests.
Buyer’s goals.
Where do they consume most of their content?
Identify and describe their recent purchases.

Harishb
10-09-2019, 05:11 AM
Here is a list that will help you in gathering information about your ideal customer -

Age group.
Gender.
Demographic.
Location.
Buyer’s interests.
Buyer’s goals.
Where do they consume most of their content?
Identify and describe their recent purchases.

master007
03-26-2021, 01:17 PM

Age group.
Gender.
Demographic.
Location.
Buyer’s interests.

master007
03-26-2021, 01:18 PM

Age group.
Gender.
Demographic.
Location.
Buyer’s interests.

lishmaliny
03-27-2021, 01:35 AM
To get specific with whom your target market is, you'll have to identify several aspects of your ideal customer. Fashion Business Insider recommends the following attributes: Demographics (age, gender, profession, income level, marital or family status)