PDA

View Full Version : How do I expand my business?

scott_gransbury
05-11-2006, 07:53 PM
I have come up with an invention of sorts. I found a way to lower the time it takes to clean the exterior of a home "pressure washing" from 14 man hours to 1 hour and it does a great job. I want to franchise and spread out but I have little business experience and not very much savings. Please contact me if you have any ideas.

bizguy
05-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Hi Scott,

Well that certainly sounds like one heck of a time saver. :D

There are a couple of things that I got from your message, if I understand it correctly. One is the issue of savings or a funding source, and two, is having the experience in franchising :?:

:arrow: The first issue of funding is going to require a business plan in order for you to have someone "buy" into your idea or to provide assistance in the form of a loan or venture capital. There are many free resources online to assist you with that.

Stop number one for you should be the Small Business Administration. There is a wealth of information on their website and key information on writing a business plan.

There are also some really great software packages out there specifically geared to a "newbie" in business who wants to write a business plan, and they don't have to be expensive. Try looking at Business Plan Pro for starters.

On franchising, :? it depends on how savvy you are as to whether you want to go and learn everything there is to learn about the ins and outs of franchising and taking a stab at trying it, or just hiring your "weakness". Now that's not meant to be an insult, that is actually a good business rule to follow...use your strengths and hire your weaknesses!

Try Googling "how to start a franchise" and start looking through the information you find to get just a very cursory look at what is going to be involved.

I hope that helped, ask plenty of questions.

MahaKarthi
09-11-2015, 01:17 AM
Business expansion is a much planned thought and works best with the right strategies put into action. When it is an IT company the focus is on increasing the benefits or features of the product or service. When it is a manufacturing company the emphasis would be on installation of latest machines so as to increase sales.

campbelljof
10-30-2015, 01:45 AM
Hi scoot,
So you want to expand your business, or even everyone want to expand their business.All you have to do handwork for it, so go for it

Best of luck

jameshenry
11-09-2015, 03:27 AM
After reading your views it is nice to read that you have invented the technique to wash the outer of the house of 14 man hours to 1 hour. And it is also your great idea to start franchise of this work but as you are running short of money and you also have no business experience. In this situation my advice to you is that first of all visit the public through personal meetings or through media and make them aware about your idea. If people are satisfied with your plan, then you will be certainly successful. As this is a small business and you will find it difficult to get loan from banks as such you have to take the help of advance providing companies for fulfilling your monetary needs. There is only small formality your have to follow in the form of filling one form of the company and it is followed by the visit of dealing of the company employee where you have applied for the advance. With in two days your advance gets ready and you can go ahead your project.

RuthWalter
04-25-2016, 05:58 AM
Business expansion is a much planned thought and works best with the right strategies put into action. When it is an IT company the focus is on increasing the benefits or features of the product or service.

Hellosolifornia
07-18-2016, 06:02 AM
Read carefully https://www.smallbusinessforums.org/showthread.php?863-How-do-I-expand-my-business&p=1921#post1921

in this post they explain each and every point to expand business.

Veltrust
08-08-2016, 03:37 PM
If you would like, My Global Advisory Firm can offer it's services and represent you in front of our clients. Would you be willing to license this product? and is it patented?

nduncan
08-13-2016, 05:11 PM
Hi Scott,

You should definitely seek some professional advice before doing anything. Lot's of entrepreneurs start their small businesses without giving any thought to how it will be structured and how they will manage franchisees etc. A small investment up front can make things much easier in the long term.

ledong123
08-26-2016, 09:11 AM
It all depends on the product. Selling internationally is a godsend for many companies mainly because the market is less saturated with sellers. Less competition and a larger customer base is very appealing to most.

It is not without it's challenges, but you are not in uncharted territory. What is your concern? Companies have emerged to help with each aspect of the expansion; obtaining a VAT number, shipping logistics, translations, acquiring a local bank account, managing inventory and even managing reviews. That is not to say you need an army of companies to establish yourself internationally, but there is hep if needed.

I'm happy to chat more or point you in the right direction, wylie.leabo@worldfirst.com

Linda36
09-17-2016, 08:00 AM
We are just looking for 100-500 real people a day, not an easy task in the internet world.

All the best,
Linda

smartkpis
01-22-2017, 02:12 AM
I think you should create a blueprint of your idea. Then write a business proposal to be given to brand name companies that you think have the same vision and mission as your product. This way you can put your idea to create profit without spending a lot of money to bring it forward.

Goodluck,
Smartkpis

mollywhitee7
01-24-2017, 09:29 PM
You can promote your business with online marketing and email marketing to expand it all over the world.

IIXIIXII
01-28-2017, 12:57 PM
Before you invest in patenting, trade marking, marketing etc. You should double check the laws asociated with what ever product you plan on selling. Chemical packaging, labeling, msds sheet etc. Especially if its something you might take to other countries. If you need a distributor/reseller in Canada holler at me. I can only assume this is a process for cleaning vynil siding or can it be used on any surface?

John G. Anai
12-04-2018, 05:03 AM
Firstly, promote a business then think about expand.

John G. Anai
01-03-2019, 04:37 AM
Target the crowded areas and offer the services with some discount to promote the business.

GeorgeMill
01-10-2019, 03:36 AM
You already have a clear strategy - that's great. The next stage is a complete business plan. Since you have never encountered this, take an example from a real business. You need to visit site (https://sparklescarwash.com.au) to see how your colleagues implemented the idea of a franchise. This carwash network has become the leader in its sector precisely because of the introduction of the franchise. Hope this helps you.

Retribution
02-06-2019, 08:23 AM
You have such a good idea and you don`t even try to realize it. Here is a good example of my favorite site mystery box Drakemall (https://drakemall.com/) . They use a open case system as it is in many games. You can easily open various cases with real things and with game skins. Just try to realize it.

HarveyEdward
04-05-2019, 04:36 AM
First of all you have promote your business in online and the front of industries people.. it is the best thing to expand your business...

Aios
04-17-2019, 11:12 PM
My team needs business partners in the field of public services online. Includes transportation, markets, IT services, etc. We need one person in each country. Please for those who want to join our team, PM me

mwaleeds
01-20-2020, 03:54 AM
Have some right strategies and plans and you need to automate your business workflow because running it manually can be very hectic & time-taking.

Verton
01-21-2020, 02:23 PM
Have some right strategies and plans and you need to automate your business workflow because running it manually can be very hectic & time-taking.

I don't think that loans are a good idea for expanding one's business ) it's much better to invest in property, say, in Spain. It becomes more and more expensive year after year. I guess it's a really good investment! Here is a great option https://virtoproperty.com/property-for-sale/costa-blanca. Keep away from loans

Verton
01-21-2020, 02:30 PM

I guess no one nowadays runs their business manually )

vision2020
02-15-2020, 06:13 PM
Here's something that may work for you, especially if you are new to internet marketing like I am.
In this free webinar a new marketer that made a huge commission shows you how to use social media and she even offers to do the work for you to promote and sale their product giving you the commission.
Let me know what you think http://j.mp/ExclusiveTrainingFromWes

RosalindaSmith
02-16-2020, 02:34 PM
It depends on the type of business. First of all, if you need to do the quality business and to widespread it anywhere, it is better to ask the checked companies strategies. For instance, if the question is in the services, cleaning companies like this (https://www.emop.co.uk/wandsworth-cleaner) can provide you their plan of work. What is the initial scheme and how they realize it. As their level of service high and they can assist in every type in the area.

Srijana Pandey
03-03-2020, 06:11 AM
Hi Scott,

Well that certainly sounds like one heck of a time saver. :D

There are a couple of things that I got from your message, if I understand it correctly. One is the issue of savings or a funding source, and two, is having the experience in franchising :?:

:arrow: The first issue of funding is going to require a business plan in order for you to have someone "buy" into your idea or to provide assistance in the form of a loan or venture capital. There are many free resources online to assist you with that.

Stop number one for you should be the Small Business Administration. There is a wealth of information on their website and key information on writing a business plan.

There are also some really great software packages out there specifically geared to a "newbie" in business who wants to write a business plan, and they don't have to be expensive. Try looking at Business Plan Pro for starters.

On franchising, :? it depends on how savvy you are as to whether you want to go and learn everything there is to learn about the ins and outs of franchising and taking a stab at trying it, or just hiring your "weakness". Now that's not meant to be an insult, that is actually a good business rule to follow...use your strengths and hire your weaknesses!

Try Googling "how to start a franchise" and start looking through the information you find to get just a very cursory look at what is going to be involved.

I hope that helped, ask plenty of questions.

I do agree with your words. This is so informative answer for me too. It also helps to increase my knowledge about how we can expand our business.

SMEguru
03-03-2020, 09:35 PM
Expansion of business may be in terms of New Market or New Mindsets. New Market is to find new geography where your product and services are in demand. New Mindsets is to gain more customers with the present market by by expansion of products and services in a complementary sector or retargeting new user segments.

:) --------------------------
If you have ant further question please feel free to reach out (www.senitih.com/services/).

oiljobszone
03-18-2020, 01:45 AM
I have been trying hard to promote my Jobsite for last 9 years but in vain. It could be because of non availability of time and less knowledge. Due to my passion i still maintain the site as i am a HR guy from Oil & gas and my site is also related to Oil & Gas. Other factor is the funds. Can somebody advise how i can make this site reach HR people with less expense.

anderson11
04-24-2020, 05:14 AM
how much do you think telemedicine (https://digitalhealth.folio3.com/solutions/cliniclive/) industry will have marketing cost to generate good leads.

John G. Anai
04-24-2020, 06:48 AM
Here are some small business expansion strategies that may help you grow your business to the next level:

Add new products and services to your mix.
Sell more products and services to your existing customers.
Expand into new territories.
Target new customer markets.
Tap into new sales and delivery channels.

Artisingh1
04-24-2020, 11:35 AM

markellexco
04-24-2020, 01:14 PM
It all depends on your efforts how much time you give to your business, how much revenue you spend on your business and your business field.

John G. Anai
05-23-2020, 03:03 AM

markellexco
08-12-2020, 06:04 AM
Go and digitalize your business. The world is going digital day by day even the big businesses are buying and selling online on different websites like Bizex (https://thebizex.com/).

Dilan
11-26-2020, 02:44 PM
it is best to develop your business using the latest technology and partner only with the most reliable and advanced companies. I became a regular customer of the https://www.x10networks.com/ and I am pleasantly surprised by their wide range of services and professionalism. I am not worried about the security of my data

Nags
12-16-2020, 12:14 AM
Get to know your customers. ...
Offer great customer service. ...
Nurture existing customers and look for new opportunities. ...
Use social media. ...
Attend networking events. ...
Host events. ...
Give back to your community. ...
Measure what works and refine your approach as you go.

ishusri
12-16-2020, 03:43 AM
web design company in thanjavur
Branding World deliver Ecommerce Website in Chennai and it emerge as the trending App Development Company Chennai - 9087097555
Our Office Inforamtion
Chennai 600034,
Tamil Nadu.
Call Us
+91 90870 97555
Email
support@brandingworld.net

JosephRodriguez
12-29-2020, 01:33 AM
Effective steps for growing your business are following below:-
Build a sales funnel.
Utilize a customer management system.
Research the competition.
Create a customer loyalty program.
Identify new opportunities.
Build an email list.
Form strategic partnerships.
Leverage global platforms.
Licensing deals
Consider a franchise model.
Acquire other businesses, etc.

Scott Smith34
01-03-2021, 07:25 AM
Effective steps for growing your business are following below:-
Build a sales funnel.
Utilize a customer management system.
Research the competition.
Create a customer loyalty program.
Identify new opportunities.
Build an email list.
Form strategic partnerships.
Leverage global platforms.
Licensing deals
Consider a franchise model.
Acquire other businesses, etc.

want to grow your business?
looking for business development or entering new market?
and even search for raising capital?
I can help you with that; join our program grow your business here:
https://fastercapital.com/grow-your-startup-program.html

alishbasaki
01-17-2021, 11:30 PM
Become acquainted with your clients.
Offer incredible client care.
Sustain existing clients and search for new chances.
Utilize online media.
Go to systems administration occasions.
Host occasions.
Reward your local area.
Measure what works and refine your methodology as you go.

ishusri
01-19-2021, 07:59 AM
Branding World deliver Ecommerce Website in Chennai and it emerge as the trending App Development Company Chennai - 9087097555
Our Office Inforamtion
Chennai 600034,
Tamil Nadu.
Call Us
+91 90870 97555
Email
support@brandingworld.net

Lilykevin86
02-25-2021, 01:46 AM
Despite the fact that it is overwhelming, extension is fundamental for advancement inside a business as well as for what's to come. It energizes advancement and progress.

master007
03-26-2021, 01:10 PM
In this situation my advice to you is that first of all visit the public through personal meetings or through media and make them aware about your idea. If people are satisfied with your plan, then you will be certainly successful. As this is a small business and you will find it difficult to get loan from banks as such you have to take the help of advance providing companies for fulfilling your monetary needs. There is only small formality your have to follow in the form of filling one form of the company and it is followed by the visit of dealing of the company employee where you have applied for the advance. With in two days your advance gets ready and you can go ahead your project.

lishmaliny
04-10-2021, 04:21 AM
Get to know your customers.
Offer great customer service.
Nurture existing customers and look for new opportunities.
Use social media.
Attend networking events.
Host events.
Give back to your community.

lishmaliny
05-13-2021, 12:52 PM
Use social media.
Host events.

ben_john7
05-20-2021, 03:19 AM
Use social media.
Host events.

Very good tips!