View Full Version : Transfer of ownership

05-12-2006, 09:07 AM
I've realized my business really needs to be minority/woman owned. It's a S-Corp in Texas and I'm the sole owner. Does anyone know how hard it is to transfer 55% ownership to my wife? Can I do it myself or do I need a lawyer. (Anyone have a good lawyer, reasonably priced, for a small business in Dallas?!?) I don't think anyone will ever challenge the ownership, but of course that's how all great legal battles get started! :-)


01-19-2014, 01:40 PM
Yes you should hire a lawyer for this to afford yourself all the protection you need just in case stuff hits the fan later on down the road. Something this simple shouldn't run you more than a 100-200 dollar attorney fee.

01-25-2014, 01:02 AM
In my understanding, you can add your wife as a co-owner, which you just notify the state department about adding a co-owner or simply letting them know that maybe you can do a partnership. I don't think you have to go through the lawyer but it is always good to ask questions about this through the state department. My dad just added my mom as a co-owner, which I just notified the state department and filled out some sort of forms that stating they're going for a partnership. I didn't even have to hire any lawyer for this matter. However, each state is almost the same, you just ask the state department about this.

11-21-2014, 04:52 AM
Transfer of ownership is mean by which the ownership of a company or property is transferred from one shareholder to other. Yes you can transfer your property but through legal laws with the help of a lawyer don't transfer it without any legal advisor or lawyer.

12-08-2014, 09:28 PM
I have the same question of him (Nettikasino-talletusbonukset.com). So is it ok to hire a lawyer for further work? I dont really understand the law. I live in CT, is the law here different from others?

05-05-2016, 03:15 PM
What is transfer of ownership of Vehicle and Why we need this ?

When a person Sell / Purchase a motor Vehicle then the buyer will have to transfer the ownership of vehicle to their own name and address.

In order to get your transfered to your own name , Applicant will have to apply to their concerned SDO (Civil)-cum-Registering Authority (Motors).
Transfer of ownership is required whenever you sale the vehicle.

Office: Contact your Local Sub Divisional Officer (Civil) i.e. S.D.M.
How do I get Transfer of Ownership?