PDA

View Full Version : Listing Business Names

fino
05-15-2006, 04:45 PM
I am starting up a city guide and will be reviewing clubs, bars and resturaunts. I wanted to know if I can list there website and information along with a review of my observations without getting into trouble.

BusinessMan
05-16-2006, 01:31 AM
If you create the list and basic data yourself there should be no problem (assuming it isn't a copy of something that already exists).

Regarding your 'observations' this depends entirely on what they are and how you express them.

fino
05-16-2006, 10:40 AM
I want to just provide the public with information on where they are located and what their website and contact info is. So many times I hear of places but cant find them anywhere on the web.

The review would be constructive not bashing at all. Just more detailed information from the perspective of a person trying to find a place to bring friends/family without having to guess whether its going to break their bank, how to dress, where to park.

midynamics
02-03-2014, 06:05 PM
I dont see any problems. Most businesses would be actually happy to have the exposure until they start getting bad reviews.

canon_fan
02-03-2014, 11:02 PM
Reviewing things like this are completely protected by the First Amendment, but make sure you don't write anything libelous. Not everyone is going to be happy with the things you write, so be sure to study up on what you can and cannot do, and write things that are true or opinion.

touqeer
03-24-2014, 07:05 AM
I don't think that you got a problem if you also mention the reviews of the listing website. Trusted and original reviews are attract the visitors.

SimplySidy
03-24-2014, 12:20 PM
Of course, there should not be any problem. Unless of course you become successful and then some bad day, one of those business houses whom you wrote against file up a defamation suite against you. So as a safeguard, do consult the legal sides - these vary from country to country and DO put up a disclaimer on your website stating that the reviews are your personal opinion and you are not going to be responsible for the benefits or the ills these might bring to other businesses.

My experience is that people normally dont bother much about these reviews but then, the world is not just the good people. some are bad and can get real bad when time is against you.

SteakTartare
03-24-2014, 12:27 PM
The information is public, so there should be not issue creating such a guide. Regarding reviews, you have to be a bit more careful on what you say. As long as it is kept factual, there should be no legal issues opining on their goods/services.

centralnetwork
03-24-2014, 02:46 PM
Agree with all other members saying that it should not be a major problem start putting together a clubs, bars and restaurants guide as long as you are not going to plagiarize already existing content, whether from other existing reviews or descriptions that those sites are using on their printed or online literature.

While it is possible making use of their official descriptions or slogans, it is always a good ideas request a written permission or digital-signed form allowing you to do such a thing, particularly if your guide becomes a successful information tool for people in your city.

Not sure what your ultimate goal it is always a good option sell advertising, which guarantees that the business listed in your guide will not complain, unless you do a nasty review about them. If a restaurant pays you to get listed, the less the owner expects is a positive review on your side.

However, even if you are not targeting to business owners to pay for listings, honest reviews are always appreciated but diplomacy, tact and common sense are your best tools to handle negative comments you could cite if there is a business that does not meet people expectations or what the business is offering.

SeanCole
11-21-2014, 04:25 AM
I dont see any problems. Most businesses would be actually happy to have the exposure until they start getting bad reviews.

Yes you are right not so much problems are arriving and they exposures their business, its name, information about the website.

kitchie
09-29-2015, 04:15 AM
If you are going to build a business review website you you need to be honest about your reviews or else your visitors will think that you are just promoting a product. So I guess you can tell anything whether it is a bad or good feedback as long as it is true.

spellmirelaw
09-21-2016, 12:52 AM
People have the opportunity to review their products which are already in use, this is for their own good as well.
So that they know whether the product is good or not

heffield24
03-21-2017, 11:44 PM
Unless of course you become successful and then some bad day, one of those business houses whom you wrote against file up a defamation suite against you. So as a safeguard, do consult the legal sides!!!

terry3808
04-01-2017, 05:39 AM
Yeah, trusted and original reviews are attract the visitors.

BusinessFundingPro
04-03-2017, 12:23 PM
Make sure to include a contact email for yourself and an option to remove personal information (ie names) if the person requests it. Other than that, as long as you aren't writing anything false you should be good

rachaeletc
09-27-2017, 05:51 AM
Yeah, not everyone is going to be happy with the things you write, so be sure to study up on what you can and cannot do, and write things that are true or opinion.

reyhujiklo
09-17-2018, 02:34 AM
The audit would be valuable not bashing by any means. Simply more point by point data from the viewpoint of a man endeavoring to discover a place to bring companions/family without speculating whether it will break their bank, how to dress, where to stop.

reyhujiklos
09-17-2018, 02:51 AM
The review would be important not bashing using any and all means. Essentially more point by point information from the perspective of a man attempting to find a place to bring friends/family without guessing whether it will break their bank, how to dress, where to stop.

reyhujiklossx
09-17-2018, 03:45 AM
I dont see any issues. Most organizations would be really glad to have the introduction until the point that they begin getting awful audits.

butterfly0
12-13-2018, 02:57 AM
nice share thanks for sharing such nice information

asif bams
12-27-2018, 03:29 AM
The information is public, so there should be not issue creating such a guide. Regarding reviews, you have to be a bit more careful on what you say. As long as it is kept factual, there should be no legal issues opining on their goods/services.

seoweb
10-30-2019, 02:58 AM
Item/Industry: eCommerce, Technology, App Developer.

Item/Industry: Security, Web Security Services.

Item/Industry: Real Estate.

Item/Industry: Sales Training, Sales Consulting.

Item/Industry: Manufacturing.

Item/Industry: Design Agency, Staffing Tools.

valkent
11-25-2019, 04:31 AM
Avoid hard-to-spell names. ...Don't choose a call that would be proscribing as your enterprise grows. ...Conduct a radical Internet seek. ...Get the .Com domain name. ...Use a name that conveys a few which means. ...Conduct a trademark seek. ...Conduct a Secretary of State seek. ...Assess if the name is catchy.

aliadil961
11-25-2019, 04:43 AM
Make it short.
Make it memorable.
Make it pronounceable.
It should be easy to spell a single way.
It should be “descriptive” or “brandable.”
Don't use hyphens.
Go for a .com extension.

essencepk
12-05-2019, 12:44 AM
These are some Business Listing Names:
Product/Industry: eCommerce, Technology, App Developer.
Product/Industry: Security, Web Security Services.
Product/Industry: Real Estate.
Product/Industry: Sales Training, Sales Consulting.
Product/Industry: Manufacturing.
Product/Industry: Design Agency, Staffing Tools.

booxingcomponents
02-26-2020, 01:24 AM
Here are seven things I consider when determining a business-related name:
The name needs to sound good when it's said aloud.
Use a name that has meaning to it and conveys a benefit.
Avoid Web 2.0-ish syndrome.
Beware initials.
Use specifics.
Make sure you can trademark the name.
Test it out on Google AdWords.

raviseo120
03-08-2021, 02:48 AM
thanks for sharing with us

RaniaRanii3
04-17-2021, 12:42 PM
Amusing Catalog Of Domain Names For Creative Available Businesses. This instant brand area name is reasonable for any sort of business.

KENZAdvertising2
04-18-2021, 01:07 AM
Online media the board by and large! | Social media publicizing Pakistan Social media the board is about accessibility and responsibility with an approaching piece of customers across the electronic media stage inside any similarity to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Getting into contact with clients by means of online media expects a huge occupation in productive brand the board. Online media exhibiting Lahore

RaniaRanii3
04-21-2021, 03:42 PM
Peruse on for a rundown of generators that spend significant time in delivering extraordinary organization names. P.S. On the off chance that you need to begin your own store, remember to check.

RaniaRanii3
04-27-2021, 01:13 PM
10 Free Business Name Generators. Anadea Business Name Generator. Utilize this free business name generator to help you track down the best name for your business, site or even your application. Wordlab Business Name Generator. Business Name Generator (BNG) Dot-O-Mator Name Generator. NameMesh. Namesmith. NameStation. Naming.Net.

homeocare
04-28-2021, 12:24 AM

raviseo121
05-19-2021, 12:46 AM

souza13alex
05-19-2021, 02:13 AM
I think it is better to use not an artificial generator, but a manual selection

Nags
06-26-2021, 10:36 AM
I want to just provide the public with information on where they are located and what their website and contact info is. So many times I hear of places but cant find them anywhere on the web.

Nags
07-16-2021, 10:15 AM
Regarding your 'observations' this depends entirely on what they are and how you express them.