PDA

View Full Version : Crossroads???

hmontaq
05-19-2006, 06:14 AM
I have been operating an Internet cafť for about a year. The company has basically broken even as my overhead and employees come out to about $4,000.00 per month and we make about $4,000 per month. I am going through a divorce and need to go back to work full time. I have a person that could POSSIBLY run the business while I work. I will be on the road a lot. What is your opinion? Should I close or keep throwing money at a business that isnít really making me money??? Or cut my losses and try another business later?

jeff2
07-25-2006, 07:54 AM
I would do one of two things: either determine how it could be profitable, and commit to it 100% (layoff an employee that you can easily cover for?), or shut it down. A business that just breaks even is useless. Businesses are for making money. Hobbies are something to do at home in your spare time. Don't confuse the two.

Sally108
02-26-2014, 10:45 AM
I would probably just close the business and move on to something new. If you are going through a divorce a fresh start will feel like a breathe of fresh air. I would be interested in knowing what choice you ended up making since this is an older post. And how did it work out for you?

janineaa
03-14-2014, 02:15 AM
If you are just break-even all the time, you should think of ways to improve sales. If it is already at its full potential and you still aren't earning, it is probably best to let the business go and just start from scratch once you have dealt with your personal problems.