PDA

View Full Version : Most Yellow Pages Ads Could Do A Lot Better...

Dodgyali
09-28-2004, 05:09 AM
As a marketing consultant I have seen hundreds of advertisements that could do a lot better with a few changes.

Here are 3 guidelines for SME owners:
1- Focus on BENEFITS not features of your products/services.

2- Make your headline standout by pointing the difference between your firm and the rest and/or by including distinctive benefits of dealing with your firm.

3- Always call for ACTION. SMEs cannot waste advertising money by merely stating their company name and what they do.

I hope this helps...even a bit.

Kind Regards
Mohammed

adamstrange
01-20-2005, 08:40 PM
I'm a freelance designer that has been designing Yellow Page ads for local business for years. As this thread plainly states, “most Yellow Page ads are weak”. The biggest reason is usually conflict of interest. Basically the Yellow Page directories only want you to get more phone calls when you give them more money for a bigger ad. So they set the their design standards very very low. Businesses are wise to take over the process themselves. Even just the addition of a powerful headline makes a huge difference. I’ve seem clients that use our service go anywhere from 2 to 4 times their call volume.

There is no magic bullet for system for ad design because different people are looking for different things. The point is to speak to those people. If you are an auto repair shop and you are tired of working on clunkers put a nice car in the ad and watch what happens. People with nice cars start calling. This is what you should really concentrate on. Who do I want to attract? And how do I approach those people in a way that sets me apart from my competitors? Then go through the basic, time tested, list of advertising rules.

1. Use a headline.
2. Create a unique selling position
3. Avoid meaningless generalized statements that create customer uncertainty.
4. Always use a call to action.

The biggest mistake we see people make, even in ads we’ve designed, (Hey, the customer’s always right, right?) is putting their business name as the heading in their yellow page ad. People don’t generally call because they like your business name.

Like I said I’ve been doing this locally for years, but I just started selling our Yellow Page ad design service over the internet. We put together a website for our company and have been working on moving up in the search engine listings. My website is number one on Yahoo for the keywords yellow page ad design, and not even listed at all for those keywords on Google. We’ve done the Adwords but I’m not convinced PPC keywords are as effective as regular listings. I just haven’t seen the pay off for us, or any of our other web clients.

In an effort to help get our name out there and start moving up in the regular listings We’d be willing to do a free Yellow Page ad design for your small business in exchange for a testimonial about our design service and a link to our website on your business website. If you are interested contact me and me and we can work out the details.

Adam Strange
Advertising / Marketing / Design

----------------------------------------------------
Ad Revamp Designs
18565 Soledad Cyn Rd Suite 270
Santa Clarita, CA 91351 USA
Tel: 661-424-9129
Fax: 661-310-2118
a.strange@adrevamp.com
----------------------------------------------------

siryellow1
03-18-2005, 03:58 PM
Yet another Yellow Pages Advertising consultant and designer
to chime in...

The caridnal mistake of Yellow Pages Advertising is...

Focusing on what you do rather than WHY a potential customer
should choose you over everyone else!

-- The guarantees and other policies that protect them.

-- Testimonials from satisfied clients (which are much more
credible than the claim of the advertiser).

-- Benefits that provide reasons to choose you over someone
else.

-- An offer that will encourage someone to pick up the phone.

-- AND a HEADLINE that's not your companies name or logo
that will instantly grab attention and set you apart from the
competition!

Remember... prospects turn to the category they need, so
when they see you, they know you provide what they're
looking for. What they want to know is WHY should they
choose you over all of the other options!

Good Luck!

printer
07-22-2014, 12:23 AM
Thanks dear for these useful tips regarding advertisement in yellow pages.

speakarea
07-23-2014, 01:29 AM
thanks for sharing this information.

jamesarnold
03-18-2020, 01:25 AM
Best play schools in Kilpauk, an award-winning preschool and leader in the education field for over many years provides a secure and knowledge nurturing environment for children.
http://thetinytoes.net/

jamesarnold
03-18-2020, 01:26 AM
Best play schools in Kilpauk, an award-winning preschool and leader in the education field for over many years provides a secure and knowledge nurturing environment for children.

harryportersq09
09-05-2020, 01:19 PM
At Visiting Angels (https://www.visitingangels.com/houstonnorthwest/home), we understand you want top quality senior home care services for your loved one. You're searching for a qualified, professional elder care provider who will treat your family member with respect and dignity. We can help you find the senior home care provider that meets all your needs. Our senior home care providers are professionals with the training and skills you have been searching for. We’ll match you with a senior home care provider who will care for all your loved one’s health and well-being needs. Servicing Houston Northwest and surrounding areas.

MASTERO
11-30-2020, 12:17 AM
There are a lot of marketing and advertising companies that may disagree but ... Let's explore the evolution of the yellow pages in a pre & post search engine era that will simplify how the book ... The bigger your ad, the more you were noticed.

jayam12
12-01-2020, 05:41 AM
The answer is no. As far as SEO is concerned, your business DOES NOT need to pay to be listed on Yellow Pages. This is a question that comes up often when I talk to small businesses about their online marketing efforts.

mithu
12-01-2020, 05:46 AM
Price may vary based on business location and industry. Set up fees: $165 for Silver, and $199 for Gold and $357.50 for Platinum. GST is included in all pricing.

Geethan
12-02-2020, 01:22 AM
There are a lot of marketing and advertising companies that may disagree but ... Let's explore the evolution of the yellow pages in a pre & post search engine era that will simplify how the book ... The bigger your ad, the more you were noticed.

Bigil
03-12-2021, 11:55 PM

RafiGroup21
03-13-2021, 06:15 AM
Rafi Group is one of the premium and most trusted land developers serving the real estate sector across Pakistan since 1978. The company is based in Lahore and has rich experience in constantly innovating to develop iconic properties and projects that have always been ahead of their time. Gwadar housing scheme | Gwadar land investment | Plot on installment in Gwadar

alishbasaki
03-15-2021, 12:02 AM
Putting an advertisement with the Yellow Pages can undoubtedly run during the huge number of dollars each year. To put a business card-sized promotion in Yellow Pages costs somewhere in the range of $250 to $400 per month, contingent upon your area.

KENZAdvertising2
03-15-2021, 09:10 AM
Online media the board generally! | Social media advertising Pakistan Social media the board is about availability and commitment with a forthcoming part of shoppers across the web-based media stage inside any semblance of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Getting into contact with customers via online media assumes a significant job in fruitful brand the board. Web-based media showcasing Lahore

Geetha
03-16-2021, 01:55 AM
It's something of a "perfect storm" for the embattled yellow pages companies right now. ... Economic pressures are hitting many businesses, and a lot of them ... YP companies maximize profits with add-ons, value-ads and product features. ... Most of these companies founded an internet version of yellow

RaniaRanii3
03-20-2021, 02:42 AM
On the web, backlinks are the main factor in aiding your webpage rank in Google list items. Once more, you could have different explanations behind rejecting a print posting. All things being equal, you can get Yellow Pages advertisements that let your business appear better in their Considering Google gets significantly more traffic than Yellow Pages,

jayam12
03-20-2021, 05:48 AM
Yes…. as long as you don't mind paying double what you should be, being stuck in an eternal contract and having no customer service or progressive work done on your account. Christian is one of Canada's most sought-after digital marketing experts

mithu
03-20-2021, 06:00 AM
To place a business card-sized ad in Yellow Pages costs anywhere from $250 to $400 a month, depending on your location. If you want to take out a full page ad in Yellow Pages, you're looking at – a month, or ,000 to ,000 a year.

RafiGroup21
03-20-2021, 06:04 AM
Gwadar is a dream city in the making. The geo-economic potential of Gwadar port has ushered in numerous developmental projects that are currently underway. This has made Gwadar popular among real estate investors who are showing keen interest in its property sector. Gwadar residential plots | Best investment in Gwadar | Gwadar Pakistan investment

valluri
03-20-2021, 06:07 AM
Our online services are setup to renew every six months. We will automatically send a renewal notice when your new six-month service cycle begins so that you have an opportunity to update your records and avoid having your service interrupted.

KENZAdvertising2
03-20-2021, 08:32 AM
Promoting is tied in with connecting with likely clients for your business. Advanced promoting organization Pakistan's constantly been significant for any business to flourish; be that as it may, during a time of the web, organizations are slanted to computerized showcasing when contrasted with the disconnected one. This is regularly in light of the fact that an ever increasing number of individuals are utilizing the web and with this current individuals' methodology towards purchasing and selling is also evolving. Advanced offices in Pakistan all in all, customers lean toward computerized intends to look for or sell something.

RafiGroup21
03-21-2021, 08:03 AM
Rafi Group has been in the real estate development sector since 1978 and prides itself on fulfilling all its commitment on time. We take great pride in being 100% compliant with our clients, regulators as well as our development timelines. Investment in Gwadar 2018 | Gwadar Investment | Green Palms Gwadar Plot for Sale

Green Palms Housing Project aims to fulfill the anticipated housing demand for an industrialized Gwadar. Plan your future by securing your investment with Green Palms Housing Project. Investing in Gwadar | Green Palm Gwadar Plot for Sale | Investment opportunity in Gwadar

MASTERO
03-22-2021, 01:53 AM
Yellow page ads can bring you lots of customers, if done correctly. ... The good news is that 95% of all yellow page ads are WEAK. Why? ... Far too many businesses let the yellow page company do the ad design and layout.

Bigil
03-22-2021, 09:09 AM
Let's explore the evolution of the yellow pages in a pre & post search engine era that will simplify how the book ... The bigger your ad, the more you were noticed.

javaidmujeebi
03-25-2021, 07:47 AM
Hello, Need few suggestion for my new business. I have acquired a new contract with a well know real estate company in Pakistan which is located in Karachi. We are trying to promote flat for sale in scheme 33 Karachi (https://sohnisaiban.com/) that is our main keyword. Share your views about this the yellow page strategy will work out for us or not? Looking for some experienced suggestions

master007
03-26-2021, 01:27 PM

MASTERO
03-27-2021, 02:34 AM
Yellow page ads can bring you lots of customers, if done correctly. ... The good news is that 95% of all yellow page ads are WEAK. Why? ... Far too many businesses let the yellow page company do the ad design and layout.

liliksaja
03-27-2021, 04:47 AM
Jendela bola terkini, live score sepak bola, dan informasi pertandingan liga eropa dan INDONESIA terlengkap. BONUS: TV Online Acara Sport Dunia

www.mbahblankon.com

RafiGroup21
03-28-2021, 08:11 AM
Green Palms Housing Project has the distinction of being the brainchild of Rafi Group, one of the premium real estate organizations in Pakistan. This project is one of those pioneering housing schemes that started with the grand development of Gwadar under CPEC. Gwadar land for sale | Buy property in Gwadar | Investment opportunity in CPEC

KENZAdvertising2
03-28-2021, 09:34 AM
KENZ Advertising offers the most straightforward PPC promoting administrations in Lahore! With KENZ Advertising proficient Google Ads administration, you'll access the appropriate crowd. It doesn't make any difference which industry you use.

RaniaRanii3
03-28-2021, 11:40 PM
Anyway, how telephone directory publicizing and nearby inquiry promoting think about? Indeed, even as far back as 2014, not exactly 50% of the populace was utilizing the telephone directory You can likewise screen site traffic and a whole lot more.

Bigil
04-03-2021, 09:50 AM
As far as SEO is concerned, your business DOES NOT need to pay to be listed on Yellow Pages. This is a question that comes up often when I talk to small businesses about their online marketing efforts.

RafiGroup21
04-03-2021, 10:00 AM
Green Palms Housing Project is the largest GDA-approved housing project in Gwadar. It is conveniently located at the intersection of the main Makran Coastal Highway and Kahaan Avenue. The unbeatable location of Green Palms Housing Project provides it with direct access to the beach as well as the central business district within a few minutes’ drive.
Investment in Gwadar | Invest in Gwadar Pakistan | Green palms Gwadar Prices