PDA

View Full Version : Internet-based business... possibly Ebay?

r22pl
05-28-2006, 12:01 PM
I am doing my senior project as an online business. I have 2 main fields of interest - business and internet. I do web programming in php/mysql, html, css, javascript.. and i also use photoshop and flash. But for my school project I am doing an online business selling custom computers that i build. I already have a name/logo/website made and some good ideas. Do you think it would be a good idea to make it also an ebay business to do my selling through? Any suggestions? Thanks :D

AGP
05-28-2006, 08:31 PM
Yes, I would reccommend it.

However, judging on the experiences of my friends, understand that it will not be highly profitable!!!

THe fees and charges of Ebay will be a nag. However, it opens up the opportunity to sell the business later on if you wanted to, as long as it is successful.

I'll have to do a senior project in a few years as well. WHat school do you go to? I understand not too many schools do it.

I'll give you a bit more info as well, if you'd like.

r22pl
05-29-2006, 08:17 PM
well i dont expect to make an occupation out of it... although that would be nice. i go to dallastown hs, its in york pa.. not sure if you're familiar with it or not, its a small area.

printer
08-13-2014, 01:15 AM
yes it sounds great.nice business idea.All the best

anh101
06-24-2015, 09:24 PM
now i do think you need an ecommerce that Ebay integrated. If yes, call up on me! hihi

Emilylynch
08-20-2015, 01:27 AM
Great way to go. Online marketplaces are receiving more interest among people lately. Especially if your are going on a particular niche for your location, i think you would receiving a lot of attention. Though you are not looking to make much money out of this, you should give real efforts. I would really advice you to take a deep look at the business and revenue model of the existing marketplaces. Learn from their mistakes, its not much. I read resource about some common mistakes done by entrepreneurs when choosing to create online marketplaces, 7 mistakes a marketplace startup should avoid (http://thumbtackclone.blogspot.in/2015/08/7-mistakes-service-marketplace-startup-should-avoid.html) .

j1984
03-17-2016, 05:50 PM
For the area that you are in then I would definately look at creating resources to teach on Udemy.com. You can create an easy course and use their marketplace to sell your product so there is no real upfront cost apart from your time.

Also you could use something like teachable to house you content and then you could use affiliate marketing to sell it. All low price and very easy on your time as you are not distributing a physical product.

Hope that helps.

peterthejohnson
11-13-2017, 12:36 PM
That's a good idea. But have a look at their terms and conditions and maybe check out other online marketplaces as well.

GlenGBillings
03-30-2018, 09:20 AM
well I dont hope to make an occupation out of it... in spite of the fact that that would be decent. I go to dallastown hs, its in york dad.. not certain in case you're comfortable with it or not, its a little region.

FacebookSupportNumber
06-04-2018, 12:45 AM
Off course yes, it will increase your market i.e. from your own site to Ebay store. I think besides Ebay you should also go towards other market places of E-Commerce as well. In these days, internet is making E-Commerce very easy only one have to be sure about supply chain mechanism.

Facebook Support Number (http://www.facebooksupportphonenumbers.com/) +1-800-966-6648 (toll-free) is available for you to resolve the issues related to the Facebook ( like signup/ login issues, password reset or forget password) or any other error of Facebook just contact our experts at Facebook Tech Support for 24*7 online customer service for help.