PDA

View Full Version : Can someone recommend accounting software?

professionalnick
05-31-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm just learning accounting practices for my small business.
I just simply want to keep a ledger of income and outgoing/expenses. Just as simple as possible to start and hopefully the least expensive to start.
Thank you :)

ImageMan
06-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Hi I use QuickBooks its easy to use and you can create invoices from data already created its me keep track of who has and has'nt paid.

mackyinc
06-15-2006, 09:10 PM
Quickbooks has a very simple version that should meet your needs. It called simple start it is very basic and not expensive.

sharpendtraining
06-19-2006, 04:30 AM
If you are just learning accounting principles, jumping direct to accounting software won't help you learn- it will just do it for you...

Just google for excel templates and have a play.

You will be more confident kwowing what quick books does and why.

Its safer in the long run and you are more likely to "know" when something is not right

hj007
08-07-2006, 08:35 AM
Hi,
Personally I would recommend getting a bookkeeper to handle your accounts, even for small home-based businesses, they will keep on top of the latest trends and you don't need to know all the details... however, I would recommend that you perform your own invoices and cashflow. You need to always keep control of your finances and for that may I recommend using some excel templates or even an online billing service (you get free ones and trial versions, so it's easy to try out things first). I think even Quickbooks has an online version which can be trialed.

Quickbooks is a great product, and if you wish to become an accountant it is the best, but a bookkeeper will save you a lot of time and money!

googoos0ng
01-17-2014, 09:30 AM
I would recommend you to download a simple software, you can find some online also for free or some at a very low cost. I wouldn't start with excel files or other methods, as you would loose lots of time. Moreover, once you get to understand how a management software works, you will never be able to give it up as it's a very useful instrument.

K9Gourmet
01-17-2014, 11:26 AM
Quickbooks has a very simple version that should meet your needs. It called simple start it is very basic and not expensive.

Is this something that anyone can figure out? I am somewhat challenged when it comes to computers and learning new things but this is something that I have been looking for too, something to keep track of incoming and outgoing funds. I started with using a notebook but I figured it is time to get with today's technology and upgrade lol. I am also looking in to possible be accepting credit card payments in the feature and it would be great if I could find a program/software that keep track of that as well, if there is such a thing.

googoos0ng
01-18-2014, 04:00 AM
Is this something that anyone can figure out? I am somewhat challenged when it comes to computers and learning new things but this is something that I have been looking for too, something to keep track of incoming and outgoing funds. I started with using a notebook but I figured it is time to get with today's technology and upgrade lol. I am also looking in to possible be accepting credit card payments in the feature and it would be great if I could find a program/software that keep track of that as well, if there is such a thing.

Hi,
in every business management software, you need to add manually income and payment into the petty cash book (I think it's called like that in enligh). It's where you add a financial movement, which can be a payment or an income. I just made a quick search, give a look at this page, http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-business-management-software.htm, but this is just a sample, you can find so many on the web.

I use a payment management software named ESA, but if your requirements are simple, i'd just look for a free simple one on the web. A side form this, i recommend you to try it even if you are not familiar with computers, your work would be way easier.

pandandesign
01-20-2014, 01:20 AM
I personally think Quickbooks offers the best accounting software to those who would like to learn about accounting. I believe it offers a 30-day trial for you to test out the software to see whether or not you like it, and I think it's not a bad idea because most small businesses use Quickbooks as the main accounting software because it's a trusted, well-known brand that most people use it for doing taxes.

cpefley
01-22-2014, 02:01 AM
I have to agree with just about everyone here. Quickbooks has been around for a long time, and is the most trusted software for small businesses. I would definitely try it out, if you already haven't.

wahmbrenda
01-23-2014, 04:53 PM
It really depends upon what you need and the size of your business. I know a lot of small, home businesses simply use Excel. QuickBooks would take some time to learn and be for more of a small business. Once you get bigger or your time is too valuable, you may need a bookkeeper or an accountant.

GordonTheComputerGuy
01-25-2014, 08:25 AM
Try GNUCash, it's free and if you ever want to switch you can go for microsoft money or quickbooks.

You can also import from those programs to free yourself.

http://www.gnucash.org/features.phtml

tspires2
01-30-2014, 03:52 PM
I love QuickBooks! It has never let me down! There is no other software I have found that works better! It seems to stay up to date as well! I have found that QuickBooks works best for me but that is just my opinion!

Auror
01-30-2014, 06:33 PM
Use Excel. It's very powerful. You can customize it in any way you want. As long as you know what you're doing, you'll be fine with Excel.

The good news is, there are a lot of tutorials available online which discuss how to use Excel. A lot of small businesses use it. There's no need to download a fancy program like QuickBooks or Peach Tree.

DomDom
01-31-2014, 07:00 AM
I have heard really great things about QuickBooks. Havent used it myself but if you would like to give it a go...
Its rated pretty well on the net as far as I can see!

jubvman
02-01-2014, 12:20 PM
I would personally recommend BrightBook (mybrightbook.com). It's a simple online accounting software which is great for small businesses and individuals. I use it myself :)

her27
02-09-2014, 05:30 PM
I think QuickBooks is one of the better accounting programs; especially for small business. They have different versions and a person can get a free 30-day trial with no credit card to try it out, as well. The link I've included here shows a landing page with their online programs on it, but there's a products tab that you can check out the software versions, too.

http://quickbooks.intuit.com/signup

Edwardjames81
02-10-2014, 12:07 PM
If all you want to do is record income and expenses why not use a spread sheet? Spread sheet software is cheap (you can get good ones for free), easy to use and is more than good enough for recording income and expenditure. In my experience you don't need to get accounting software until you need to do more advanced functions, such as producing profit and loss reports, producing balance sheet reports, maintaining a sales ledger, maintaining a purchase ledger etc.

I have used many different types of software over the years, including Sage, Quickbooks and Free Agent to name a few. In fact, these seem to be the most popular. All of these are good but if I were to recommend one I would recommend Sage every time.

Sage is cheap, user friendly and the after sales support is second to none. Sage is a powerful accounts package that allows you to maintain a fixed asset register, maintain a sales ledger control account, maintain a bank control account, maintain a purchase ledger control account and deal with any tax affairs. As your business grows Sage will still cope, which means you won't have to keep buying new accounting software.

cstoreoffice1
02-18-2014, 11:00 PM
I Recommend you to go with Petrosoft for Accounting software Like Back office accounting etc
It will be helpful for you to manage your income and outgoing/expenses contact petrosoftinc.com
it will be a beneficial experience for you.

delusional
02-19-2014, 07:51 AM
I just used Excel for a long time. I just listed income and expenses. I also kept bills of everything I bought. I know it's kind of like cheating but once a month I took everything I had to my accountant and he did the rest.

Sally108
02-19-2014, 07:51 AM
Quickbooks, in my opinion, is your best bet. I have used lots of accounting packages (my degree is in accounting) for both home businesses and international companies. Quickbooks is worth learning if you do not know it. It will grow with your company. It would not take any more effort to input your information into Quickbooks than it would to create a spreadsheet. You always have online help available to you with Quickbooks. Or post your questions here! :0)

firelily99
04-04-2014, 12:08 PM
I have been handling my own bookkeeping but I am considering having someone else do it for me. Quickbooks is good but at this point it is taking up quite a bit of time for me to do all of the numbers work. I have a friend who is a bookkeeper with an excellent rep so I leaning in that direction.

Craigslist Goldmine
04-04-2014, 04:29 PM
Another thumbs up for Quickbooks. Easy and intuitive.

pcoptimizer
10-10-2014, 02:45 AM
You can learn & use Telly software for your business. Telly is the very good, easy and highly upgraded software in current time. It update their versions at time to time according to the tax and other changes in market or Gov & customers requirements. May be that will show a better choice for you...

alekyap
10-10-2014, 05:06 AM
There is software called Tally.It is used for accounts purpose you can save your ledger and complete details of accounts here.

DigDatDyler
11-26-2014, 04:11 AM
Try big red cloud online bookkeeping (http://bigredcloud.com)- found it very handy to use

AlvinHorgan
01-29-2016, 05:19 AM
Looks a very old-post, but still need to be updated. These days, accountants and bookkeepers are preferring cloud accounting software. Xero, FreshBooks, SlickPie, Wave & Kashoo are the top choices of every small business owner.

gandu
02-01-2016, 09:28 PM
Quickbooks is your best bet and is scalable as your business grows. Can use the online / cloud version.

jesse23
03-17-2016, 04:34 PM
Cloud/online accounting software is the way to go. It's so much more convenient working on the cloud. I personally use SlickPie, but there are many other great options mentioned in here earlier. It's all based on personal preference, so you should try as many as you can and see which one fits your needs the most. A lot of these software offer free or trial versions too.

kustomizeme
03-17-2016, 07:42 PM
I use a online cloud base software called waveapps.com. Its easy to use and I can screenshot my receipts and it will automatically log them into my books form me. Its free and slick!

gandu
03-20-2016, 03:52 PM
Quickbooks is the way for small businesses.

Other than that Spreadsheets work if you're on a tight budget and just want to get started

syeedabeeth85
03-21-2016, 11:00 PM
bookkeeper to handle your accounts and before that you can learn and manage your account in excel sheet.

Ivan1
04-08-2016, 06:36 AM
It is critically important that a software product is bought to match the specific requirements of the business. There are many software packages available on the market all aiming at different segments of the SME market. Owners should think about their specific business requirements and then use a tool such as Compare Software for Business to compare the industries suitable software for a product that meets these requirements.

Ghany
04-26-2016, 08:43 PM
i too need best accounting software but i dont knows why everyone telling quickbook, there is no any other software>? i found that so many persons follow above comments

domnick
07-02-2016, 12:13 AM
I have been using Apptivo to keep track and record of expense. It's easy for accounts management. You can use software to manage accounts else do manually.