PDA

View Full Version : I am so confused about country of origin.. Help

blakebcg
11-27-2015, 10:21 PM
Hi,

My name is Blake Griffin. My company is soon going to begin importing hand tools, such as sockets which attach to wrenches, meant for working on cars. The sockets will be made of Chrome Vanadium Steel and will be coming from China and arriving in the USA (port of Tampa).

I can not find exactly what is required when it comes to "Country of Origin" labeling. I understand in some cases, the product container can be labeled, but in other cases, the actual product has to be physically labeled unless it undergoes significant, value-added change.

The sockets will be shipped in the following format: There will be one master carton, and inside of that will be smaller boxes, each containing 20 sockets.

When the sockets arrive in the USA and are taken delivery of, my company plans on putting each socket in individual packaging which says "Made in China", and then selling it at retail.

Is this sufficient, or will each individual socket need to be machined/stamped with "Made in China", prior to import? Is this a case where it would be acceptable to simply place a sticker on the container (not master container) the sockets come in?

Is there any path I can take to avoid machining/stamping each socket prior to import? Possibly having them packaged in China and having the packaging say "Made in China"?

Thank you for reading, and I appreciate your time,

Blake Griffin

xnstandy
12-11-2015, 02:08 AM
Of course, all your concern is useless. There are many good manufacture in China, which provides services such as OEM. You can brand your own logo on the products, called OEM. As to "Make in China" on your packing, it is up to you. If you would like to print your own logo on your package and or shipping bag, and ship them to your customer all over the world, that means you need a customized order fulfillment service. All your above can be done well with little cost, and you can focus on your important things.

becal
12-17-2015, 08:38 AM
as my sales representative in China, "MADE IN CHINA" label is not mandatory for imp&exp. you can have it on each socket or not, it is up to you. and you can also stick the label after cargoes reach your US warehouse.

Malik Suleman
12-23-2015, 12:21 AM
yeah great one i will inbox you

RobertML
05-16-2016, 03:42 AM
I think the made in tag has to be on the product when it enters the US, at least it used to be that way. It's a bit odd that such a liberal economy is being so picky about this, hidden protectionist agenda if you ask me.

TangelThor
10-23-2020, 05:48 AM
Etymology is the study of the history of words. By extension, the phrase "the etymology of [a word]" means the origin of a ... Not to be confused with Entomology or Etiology. ... Changes in the form and meaning of the word can be traced with the aid of ... Loanword and Lists of English words by country or language of origin.

Lilykevin86
02-02-2021, 03:45 AM
Offices of Commerce assume a significant part in assisting you with making your fare. A testament of cause confirms the country where the merchandise started. In this article, I'm zeroing in on quite possibly the most helpful administrations a chamber Many exporters confound the expression "cause" to infer where the merchandise are being.