View Full Version : Registering a partnership

06-08-2006, 11:10 AM
Hi, myself and a friend are in the process of setting up a business. We've been importing stock and are creating a website as we speak. We have no employees - it's just us. We've been told we need to inform HM Customs or tax within 3 months of starting trading, by sending them a letter.

Does anyone know what to say, and where to send it to?

Many thanks,


02-16-2014, 04:33 AM
I am not exactly sure because it differs from every state. You might want to inquire from your state's rules about that especially the IRS department. But usually you go there and make a declaration of your business. You have to file for a permit first.

02-16-2014, 08:09 AM
Go with your local taxing authorities. Usually it is in the nearest City.

02-17-2014, 03:49 AM
Go with your local taxing authorities. Usually it is in the nearest City.

True. Also, if you want to start a business, visit the local Small Business Administration office to get the information to get you started.
Also make sure both you and your partner have some kind of contract. You might be best friends now but maybe something happens some day.

04-14-2014, 10:35 PM
yeah, visit local small business administration office, and make contracts for both of your benefits

08-06-2015, 05:07 AM
If you are starting any business, first of all you have to register your business. Though your's is parternership business as such all the partners are responsible. You have to get your business register for asessment with HMRC. You have also to apply for license depending upon the nature of your business. You have also to get open bank account in the name of the company. You have to pay national insurance and also have get register with VAT. If you have any doubt you can contact HM Revenue Customs on contact number 03001231072 or can post also your doubts at HM Revenue Customs, Trust and Estates Ferrers House , Castle Meadow Road, NOTTINGHAM,NG21BB (UNITED KINGDOM).

05-27-2017, 01:54 AM
My dear friend, first step before opening or starting a business is to register your business and after that you have to register for the VAT too and these VAT charges depend on the type of your business and location where you stay. So, ensure to visit the small business administration office to get all things sorted out and then get started with your business. As you have stated that you have a partner, so they will suggest you a form that allow you a partnership business where both are equally responsible for business start up.

03-08-2021, 11:00 PM
thanks for sharing with us