PDA

View Full Version : 100K to play with, any suggestions on starting a business?

bizznesminded
06-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Ladies and gents, I'm 23 years old and recently inherited about 100k I'm a sales rep. at a RV manufacturer and am looking to get out of this business. I'm willing to take risks and I have the oppurtunity to take some cash and turn it over a couple times or atleast that's the plan :wink:. I'm also willing to look at investment oppurtunities, so any helpfull advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I understand that a 100k isn't much however I'm only 23 and I know that with the right oppurtunity I can turn this into alot more. Once again I appreciate any advice you can offer.

diegoreds
06-14-2006, 11:24 AM
What about Offshore Betting Company?I help a couple of people with this business and u only need like 50 k maybe less to start..

Kirk
06-14-2006, 11:50 AM
Check out franchise.org. There's plenty of startups under 100K. From my own experience, I'd advise that you stay away from any under 5k. With the exception of coffeetalkusa.com, a fun newsletter that sells advertising, I'd say stay away from anything under 10k.

Good luck, congrats, and let us know how things go!

mackyinc
06-18-2006, 11:51 AM
I think you should identfy your passion. What would you want to for free everyday if you did not have to work. If a business in that area or related to it. Then look for compaines that may offer franchise. That combination of a proven business model and your passion will be hard to beat.

oxpaulo
01-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Find something that interests you and go for it. Don't spend the entire 100k though, I'd put t least 30k in a money market or just straight up savings account and leave it alone.

Yamabushi
01-21-2014, 09:24 PM
Find something that interests you and go for it. Don't spend the entire 100k though, I'd put t least 30k in a money market or just straight up savings account and leave it alone.

That's important! Focus on scaling! Start small and put more into what works! Put some money into high quality content and test the waters with different forms of marketing. But most importantly, make sure you are passionate about whatever you invest in! Best of luck!

cpefley
01-22-2014, 01:58 AM
Wow, that is great start! Have you heard about Kickstarter.com ? It could help you find some projects that you might want to invest in, especially if you don't have a current business that you would like to pursue. A lot of really great companies start them to help build capital and create/grow their business.

jfab
01-22-2014, 09:41 AM
You're lucky to have 100K for your startup money! I say invest some of it in stocks. And the rest you could start a business that you're passionate about. Good luck!

Lodismel
02-06-2014, 01:12 PM
The biggest question here is what do you love to do. It sounds like money really isn't a worry for you. You are a very lucky person. So put your money into something you love. If you love to create things put it into an Art business. That could be photography/art gallery/music. If you love games open up a game store. The main thing I think is to not worry so much about being insanely lucrative right away. Find something you love and find a way to turn it into a profit.

sdsnook
02-07-2014, 01:24 AM
I think you should consider the stock market. Everything is low right now which means by the time you are as old as I am you can retire and do anything you want and I am only 41! :) Check out this link I listened to yesterday and read through it. I completely believe this guy and very well may take $20 to sign up and learn what I can. I have never played the stock market, but my father and brother in law have done very well with it! Good Luck and good job looking to invest in your $$, at 23 I would be through it in a New York second!

DomDom
02-07-2014, 03:28 PM
The best advice considering the stock market is to educate yourself and not take anybodys word for it. The only thing in the stock market that you can do without alot of knowledge are index funds. Index funds are basically funds who invest in alot of stocks and represent the index itself. So how much Dow Jones grows you grow too. Historically speaking its about 7-10% yearly average but the catch is you have to keep the money inside for longer amounts of time!

Lithium
02-21-2014, 04:28 AM
You should invest them into bitcoin if you like a little gambling. It is a cryptocurrency and it can bring you a lot of profit if you are able to predict what happens next. You should just invest a part of them there and wait until its value increases, then buy something. This is the newbie strategy, but you could also see how much other people have invested. This way, you'll see whether it's okay to invest now or later.

Ryand88
02-21-2014, 05:30 AM
I've seen lots of posts here about the stock market or crypto currencies (would not recommend bitcoin at the minute, really want a risk then try dogecoin) and these are all great ideas but whatever you do make sure that you don't put all your eggs in one basket. Split the money so if something starts losing you money then you haven't blew it all and still have something left to play around with and if one thing is super successful then you can split the money from that as well and just keep your profits up.

apexa1
02-22-2014, 12:49 AM
You should invest them into bitcoin if you like a little gambling. It is a cryptocurrency and it can bring you a lot of profit if you are able to predict what happens next. You should just invest a part of them there and wait until its value increases, then buy something. This is the newbie strategy, but you could also see how much other people have invested. This way, you'll see whether it's okay to invest now or later.

i think its a bit late for bitcoin, maybe try another crypto currency. I dont know much about them but the potential for profit is pretty high

fredkawig
02-22-2014, 05:43 AM
This is a very huge amount of money. One hundred thousand dollars? You can open up business stalls, multiple ones in different niches and different categories of business. This way there is a higher chance that you will succeed in one of the undertakings that you will choose. You should go with the food industry, technology industry and other booming industries and those which can never be bankrupt easily.

sofieb529
02-22-2014, 09:15 AM
This is an old thread but I hope you found the best course for your money. Getting ideas on here is great but professional help from a Financial Advisor would be extremely helpful too!

M.K
02-22-2014, 07:22 PM
I definitely wouldn't invest all of it on a single business idea. Think of something unique, something profitable. If there's a topic that interests you, odds are there are many, many other people that feel the same way. Starting a business requires a lot of thought and a lot of research. Don't throw away your money even if it's "to play with".

ursell
03-19-2014, 05:39 PM
Take your time in making up your mind there is no rush. Invest part of your money and put part in a CD,Roth, or stock, a business.
And put some away in a account to save for your future and don't touch it. Let it earn interest.

Elina Ding
03-19-2014, 10:26 PM
Wow that is really a good start,may be find a elder partner is a better choice.
Elina
www.topitshopping.com

mikelouis
03-20-2014, 12:04 AM
You just need to talk to someone like a financial adviser who will help you plan your money. I think they can also point out where you can invest depending on the market trends. That is if you want to make more money. I also think you can check out franchise.org than has many startups that are looking to be sold.

davidpotter
03-30-2014, 02:37 AM
it's a good idea.
I think you should identfy your passion. What would you want to for free everyday if you did not have to work. If a business in that area or related to it. Then look for compaines that may offer franchise. That combination of a proven business model and your passion will be hard to beat.

bauglobal
02-28-2016, 02:08 AM
Look for what item(s) is needed in your country and source for it the cheapest way..............That also depends on which country you are at

Edubb0188
05-07-2016, 12:08 PM
Are you still intetested?

Hellosolifornia
07-18-2016, 05:47 AM
Please share your interest everybody have their own ideas so please share and audience will help you to choose good business.

CRYPTICHELL
04-22-2017, 10:48 AM
Do you have a business with a physical location

If you have a business with a physical location, we have something that will increase your profits instantly 10K to 20K per week.

If interested let me know what type of business you have and I will let you know if your business qualifies and more information. This is a add on and not an advertisement offer.

Trueman
08-21-2018, 09:49 AM
If you want to "invest" in cryptocurrency look at this site and say what do you think about it : https://blockchainmuffin.com/ using this you can earn some extra money