PDA

View Full Version : Wholesale Packaging

michelle2006
07-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Hello,

I am thinking of starting to sell my product wholesale, in small display packages. I have read other businesses offer a barcode. I am wondering, what is this about? Do I generate a barcode (and if yes, how), or does the shop (who is buying off me) provide a barcode that I print onto the package?
I'd love some advice from someone with some experience.

Thank-you,
Michelle.

AlecD
02-03-2014, 09:15 PM
I personally would contact the business(s) you are considering selling to. Ask them if they will provide a barcode. It might end up being free of charge for them to do it, or you'll have to get a special printer that prints stickers and special software that generates UPC's. If anything my recommendation in any case would be to get the business themselves to do it to save yourself the hassle. Even knocking a small fraction of the price off your product would be worth saving yourself the hassle.

printer
08-13-2014, 01:11 AM
First you will ask them about barcode.

francisdaniel
08-13-2014, 09:34 PM
Hello,

I am thinking of starting to sell my product wholesale, in small display packages. I have read other businesses offer a barcode. I am wondering, what is this about? Do I generate a barcode (and if yes, how), or does the shop (who is buying off me) provide a barcode that I print onto the package?
I'd love some advice from someone with some experience.

Thank-you,
Michelle.

bar codes, I believe, is part of an accounting process that keep track of your inventory.
Bar codes are identifiers of your inventory stock that is linked to your SKU(Stock Keeping Unit)
numbers. So when an inventory comes in, the bar codes are then scanned and recorded to
your system and is assigned or given an SKU number if an item already exists, if not then a
new one will be created.

Depends upon the type of product you're selling, but most products already have bar codes.
If not, there are devices that prints price tags that include bar codes.

Hope I helped a bit in explaining this. :)

paul woodall
08-15-2014, 02:51 PM
Hi Michelle,

Guess it depends on what you mean by bar code?

As Francis says, bar codes are used as inventory management BUT UPC codes are used at retail to scan a product. Check out this article here on how to create UPC codes.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6309399_print-upc-bar-code.html

anh101
06-24-2015, 09:27 PM
hi there everyone, i think michelle should do that with an ecommercial sys and integration from different shops in this time. If yes, just drop me a line or skype me:
dearbrother5. website strategies are for the further development

MahaKarthi
03-04-2016, 12:47 AM
For queries about s tart up funding and prospective benefits, you have to seek the advice of the experts in this field. You can also send proposals to investors who may find your business appealing and wish to invest as well.

Suman Verma
10-29-2017, 11:16 PM
You can do whatever you are comfortable with. I mean, You may generate it yourself and let the retailer do it for you. Generating barcode is no tough task. There are free platforms available online where you can easily generate a barcode of your choice.