PDA

View Full Version : Vending Machines

heymister
07-27-2006, 09:52 AM
I've never seen a vending machine that accepts credit cards, which surprises me considering the much greater convenience this would provide. Are these around yet, and if not, do you think this idea has any promise?

owesem75
01-21-2014, 09:15 AM
Hello, I think this is could be a great innovation in the Vending Machine business. BUT, I personally do not think that it is a good idea to have a vending machine accepting Credit Cards because it is impractical. Vending machines are designed to sell products on a per piece basis, i.e. a bottle of water, a can of soda, etc. Imagine, if you are going to buy a bottle of water for $x only, before you swipe that card, think of the extra charges that your credit card company would add to it, i.e. transaction service charges, etc.

GordonTheComputerGuy
01-27-2014, 03:34 AM
The number one issue with vending machines is location, the really good locations are going to occupied by the owners of those businesses. IF they let you use their spaces for your machines they are probably going to want a pretty good chunk of your profits.

Your idea of taking card payments is good, but the technology may not be here yet to fully implement what your vision is. I can see some type of micro payment debit card product being utilized for this purpose or better yet something like a smartphone app that will do the job without having the typical creditcard reader hardware issues.

Look into near field communications, this is what the cell phone technology is called that is being developed to do these types of transactions. The security is going to be the toughest part of the puzzle. The thieves are always the first to embrace and exploit new ways of doing things.

Good Luck to you

crimsonghost747
01-27-2014, 09:07 AM
The technology is definitely there. In most stores around here you just enter your card and pin code into a machine... the exact same thing would work with a vending machine. For example, the ticket machines in the metro also have a pay by card option.

If it's worth it... I doubt it. While it would be more convenient, using a credit card for a $1 purchase might end up being quite expensive depending on the type of fees you have. Quite a lot of places don't accept credit cards for very small amounts exactly due to those fees.

cpefley
01-27-2014, 02:38 PM
I've never seen a vending machine that accepts credit cards, which surprises me considering the much greater convenience this would provide. Are these around yet, and if not, do you think this idea has any promise?

I see vending machines that accept credit cards all over the place. I think that it would be great if they developed NFC technology and they could accept payment by smartphone. Vending machines are becoming a fast, easy way to get pretty much anything! I've even seen one dispense gourmet cupcakes.

swagger
01-27-2014, 05:23 PM
It's a good idea considering in todays day in age most people carry around credit cards more then cash, but the idea is impractical and would be hard to make it work flawlessly.

MLeoCasas
02-01-2014, 12:34 PM
I'm thinking we'll be majorly skipping over the credit card step and jumping right into direct payment view smartphone app-type technology. Credit card companies take a percentage cut of sales, and while the added convenience may very well still be profitable for vending machine providers, there is already better, more efficient technology on the market. Had the industry jumped on the idea 10 or even 5 years ago it might have worked out. Clear case of missed opportunity.

lifeliveson
02-02-2014, 11:59 AM
I liked the smartphone idea someone mentioned above... It would be cool to have some sort of app that allows you to make purchases and tag it on your phone bill

DomDom
02-02-2014, 02:26 PM
I'm thinking we'll be majorly skipping over the credit card step and jumping right into direct payment view smartphone app-type technology. Credit card companies take a percentage cut of sales, and while the added convenience may very well still be profitable for vending machine providers, there is already better, more efficient technology on the market. Had the industry jumped on the idea 10 or even 5 years ago it might have worked out. Clear case of missed opportunity.

Exactly a great idea! The main problem with the credit cards are the frauds I presume. You never know who did tinker with the vending machine you are puttiing your credit card in!

tspires2
02-03-2014, 10:59 AM
They have them here in GA. Not everywhere but at the bigger theme parks and hospitals. I am not sure how I feel about them as I agree with the above the machines are meant to grab a drink or snack! However I must admit I have used my card there before and have been very grateful it accepted them as that was all I had!

Lodismel
02-04-2014, 01:24 PM
I honestly don't see why this isn't more widely accepted. The fact is that more and more people are using credit cards and debit cards all the time. So it only makes sense that the vending machine takes them. I guess the only explanation would be that they want to cut down on the costs of the vending machines. The problem with that is that they are missing out on the opportunity to make money from people that use credit and debit cards. Which is a bit silly.

Thrix
02-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Security could be the problem as well. People will think of all sorts of methods to fraud someones credit card and steal their money.

But providing gift cards for vending machines would be a nice idea in my opinion. Or buying a code and then just inputting it in to the machine. That would probably suit only me personally, because I hate carrying pennies, haha. But something could be thought of to base of this concept. Nice idea, OP!

DomDom
02-04-2014, 03:16 PM
I really think the best idea is the cellphone application one. Unfortunately for something like this you would have to go to the vendor machine producers. But its a very good idea and would probably boost sales (using your cellphone credit to buy soda...).

shanonOP
02-06-2014, 06:04 AM
Never thought that vending machine can be a very good source of income. I'm planning to start a small business (http://personalmoneynetwork.com/moneyblog/2012/07/20/fear-and-doubt-small-business/) and vending machine could be one bright idea. What do you think guys?

KNH
02-06-2014, 06:04 PM
I think they're a good idea. Most of my friends don't carry cash and definitely not 1's and coins like a lot of machines require. I don't typically carry cash either. Vending machines are quick and easy...the only problem is that I wouldn't want to trust a vending machine with my card because I wouldn't know who was getting that information.

Also, I agree with everyone on the smartphone thing. Nowadays almost everyone is moving over to a smartphone and I think there is a lot of potential there.

caveman
02-09-2014, 02:51 AM
It is very much possible to incorporate credit cards for a vending machines. They have also recently started this option in my metro. But one thing i'm a bit concerned is that will people actually use their credit cards to only buy a few dollars worth of goods? Personally, I wouldn't bother swiping it because of the extra charges that I might face.

Andy1982
02-09-2014, 04:24 AM

I have not seen any personally but I was watching a cooking channel on youtube that they where trying out the new vending machine burrito in Orange County I believe. I know who the hell bys mexican food from a vending machine and expect to live much longer right? One of the guys used hie credit card to pay and don't know why they haven't brought more of these in that do. With all the wifi and stuff, it's easy to implement.

darelle4
02-26-2014, 02:04 PM
Speaking of which I have not noticed any vending machines that enables a person to use their credit card but it actually is a very good initiative in order to increase profit margins. With all this technology there actually are many hackers which prevent customers from being secure in their purchase so people may not use their credit card to buy via a vending machine because of the fear of being a victim of fraud. So as much as it is a positive thing it has it downside as well.

NathanG
02-07-2018, 11:55 AM
Personally, from an investment and time stand point I'd focus more on ATMs.

Spurs
05-30-2018, 12:49 PM
I have a few clients that do this successfully. They make good $$$

Chad45
10-26-2018, 04:10 AM
Although it sounds like a fantastic plan i do not think it is a wise choice. Given the additional charges added to the shopping amount in terms of taxes, it will not be feasible to add credit cards to wending machines.

gilsulate
12-13-2018, 04:24 AM
The really good locations are going to occupied by the owners of those businesses.

Retribution
02-06-2019, 08:27 AM
Guys, I have problems with my anxiety and often buy CBD from here https://purekana.com/products/roses-peppermint-cbd-bath-bomb/ But one day I found a CBD vending machine. Oh How did I regret that I took the CBD from there, never try this.

Martin Tiner
02-11-2019, 07:45 AM
Quite interesting I'd say

Blackmart Alpha Apk
02-11-2019, 10:04 AM
Download Blackmart Apk here (https://blackmartapk.technogeez.com) for free

JSturgell
09-05-2019, 09:00 PM
Is this thread really that old? Because I'm going through trying to pick through information and these have been around quite some time. To my suprise I looked at the date and this was five years ago. But even five years ago vending machines accepted cards yes?

deestones
11-25-2019, 01:39 AM
Guys, I have problems with my anxiety and often buy CBD from here But one day I found a CBD vending machine. Oh How did I regret that I took the CBD from there, never try this.

Why? The quality was awful? I never bought cbd products this way, prefered cbd cartridges for vaping (until I tried 7 daze (https://gypsyvapes.com/salt-nic-eliquids/7daze-saltnic-category) ), but I ordered them from USA only, I trust certified cbd goods only.

johndoll
12-31-2019, 03:25 AM
Guys, I have problems with my anxiety and often buy CBD from here https://purekana.com/products/roses-peppermint-cbd-bath-bomb/ But one day I found a CBD vending machine. Oh How did I regret that I took the CBD from there, never try this.

Dude, why do you need cbd if you have kratom. The properties of kratom are much more effective and it is not considered a drug, but only a medicinal herb. I used to think that it was a drug, but after I read the article on theihcc.com (https://www.theihcc.com/best-kratom-for-pain-and-anxiety/), I radically changed my point of view. This is an excellent drug for both relaxing and combating depression, and for treating back pain. I think this is a real miracle herb. Read the information about Kratom on this site and you will see that it is much better.

Lilykevin86
07-02-2020, 03:43 AM
Aruba Vending Machines is premier vending solutions provider in Pakistan. We have cashless, NFC, RFID, Mobile and Cash solutions for vending and kiosks.

Lilykevin86
02-25-2021, 01:36 AM
Candy machines, however very regular abroad, are as yet not an incessant sight in Pakistan. Venda, right now Pakistan's biggest candy machine.