Thread: Advertising

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Advertising
    Hi everyone! Our shop has been around for a few years; however, we are about to venture into the world of doing business online. We bake specialty goods for parties, events, we also have an assortment of fudge and candy for those who just pop into the shop. I was wondering what forms of online advertising has worked for your businesses. Currently, most of our clients are referred to us from word-of-mouth or walk-ins. We are happy with the amount of business currently coming in; however, we are looking to expand. We don’t have a huge budget allotted for advertising so we want to get the most bang for our buck.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I have found that facebook and other social medias (especially for small local businesses) have a huge impact on business and your pocket. You just need to stay up on your social media postings and invite friends to like your page on a regular basis. Hope this helps!

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Agreed, Facebook can be a lot of help especially if your customers are willing to like your page in Facebook. It's easy to create a page in Facebook and just let your customers like your page. The other method of advertising is creating your own website. There are a lot of tutorials in the Internet for you to learn how to create a website. You should also decide whether to use a paid domain provider and website hosting or opting for the free ones. Blogsites are also a good option.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I agree, both working with social networks and having your own website. There must be a continue referral from the socials to the website and vice versa.
    A part from that, i believe in mass marketing campaign, so i would move at the same time with also other channels, like flyers and some placard.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I agree that facebook and other social media play a big role. The plus is that it is free advertising. You may also attend some events. There is an event called First Friday in my city. Local businesses sign up before hand and then are allowed to come and set up. They can pass out fliers, give away free samples, pass out their cards, you name it! They can also sell some items. I think an event like that would be wonderful for you because no one can resist yummy treats! A lot of these businesses also have accounts on facebook, instagram, and twitter. I hope this helps!

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Blog sites are also a good option. Facebook can be a lot of help especially if your customers are willing to like your page in Facebook. It's easy to create a page in Facebook and just let your customers like your page. The other method of advertising is creating your own website. There are a lot of tutorials in the Internet for you to learn how to create a website. You should also decide whether to use a paid domain provider and website hosting or opting for the free ones. Blog sites are also a good option.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I recommend you start with a Facebook page. It will be a good extension of your current word of mouth method. It will, however, be more time consuming than simply putting a website online and forgetting about it.

A successful facebook page requires you to post new content at least once a day, and to interact with any comments made on your page. You are in luck though - you will have new products to photograph each day so just pick one, take a picture, and add it to your facebook page.

To generate more likes by potential customers, ask your frequent customers to like your facebook page and share your posts.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Facebook would be your best bet in this case. Be sure to update the facebook page with content as often as possible (however don't spam). You could put up a sign somewhere in your store saying something along the lines of "like us on facebook", as most companies do.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I agree with everyone above. Then later after you have grown, think really big! Think "Sherri's Berries"! Maybe start an affiliate program and let your affiliates take care of the advertising for you!

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    A lot of companies show ads based on what the user views, so I would suggest trying to stay away from that, because not everyone views your ad. Unless that is appealing, then you could talk to companies like Google. But there are some websites that will take a small fee for advertising, and they might be the ones you want to go for. Make sure that they have traffic, because websites with little/no traffic is completely useless for you.

Share on facebook