Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I have never used a business coach. I do think it's important to be able to express your ideas and concerns in a safe environment. Sometimes talking about the business brings clarity. At least that's true for me.

I have used a business mentor. Someone who has been in the industry. The insights based on experienced can be very insightful. I have avoided a lot mistakes because of a good mentor.

Many business courses and books recommend choose a business advisory board. I have never taken that step, but I think it's worthwhile.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Hi Melissa,

It is good to see you are doing your research and even considering a business coach so early on in setting up your business. As a coach myself, I know that several of my clients have found having a coach (me and other people) to be beneficial. The GREAT thing about coaches is that many offer a free session with them to see if you like them and if they can help you. I urge you to ask yourself some questions like "Why do I need a coach?", "What decisions might I need their assistance with?", "How would a coach help me make good decisions?"

There are so many organisations that offer coaching, so as others have said if you can get a good referral from a trusted source or are willing to "interview" a couple of coaches you will get clearer on what you want them to do for you. Either way, make sure you are clear on what you want them to do for you first

In general you will find a coach helps with eliminating some of the most costly and time consuming mistakes you might otherwise make so that you can grow a business much faster than if you do it on your own - we also have access to many successful business and know what they are doing to create that success and can share that with you

All the best
    Michelle

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by True Self Organics View Post
    I'm a new start up business and I've been thinking about hiring a business coach to help me make good decisions for my new business. I was wondering if anyone on this site has hired one and is it worth the money? I would hate to dump all my start up funds into something that total isn't worth the money. Also, what should I expect from a business coach? I want to make sure they are doing their job if Im going to pay them the money!

Thanks in advance,
    Melissa
    Before hiring anyone, if you want, I will check them out for you!

Business coaches can offer a multitude of positives:

new logic
    new ideas
    fresh appeal
    experience, expertise, skill sets you can borrow from

however, there are ALOT of scammers out there. Be sure that these "coaches" are established marketing professionals and have the backbone to prove it.

Our corporate teams charge quite a bit, but for small business coaching, you should not be paying more than a couple thousand dollars a month

pm me if further questions happy to help

Share on facebook

Jake Miller
    Founder, CEO
    Miller Marketing Group
    www.millermarketingroup.com

4. Collapse Details
    I'm sure ones query totally is dependent upon your current budget. If you have simply a 40k cover illustration, We couldn't spend this on the company coach. Precisely why? Due to the fact first of all, you will discover this for free since they can be active with community forums and also PM'ing seasoned users. Yet second of all, absolutely nothing will probably teach you more quickly when compared with experience. Therefore make ones prepare, do ones visiting (but not necessarily far too much), and also do something.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Thank you for that information!

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I think hiring a coach is fine but you better be really careful that you don't hire someone that simply offloads basic business knowledge off to you that you can easily learn from books or online. If I were you, I'd try to spend some time reading up on as much stuff as possible about starting a business. Once you think you have a general feel for this type of thing, then you can move on to looking for prospective coaches.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Do you think hiring a coach is something essential when starting out, or is it only really needed if the business is failing and needs a breath of fresh air?

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I actually do believe kinds dilemma fully is dependent upon the present budget. Degrees of training only a 40k plan for example, My own loved one and my partner and i probably would not make investments that on the organization master. Exactly why? Since first of all, you will discover this type of totally free by being successful along with boards and PM'ing experienced end users. However later, nothing at all will certainly trainer anyone upon more rapidly when compared with encounter. Therefore develop kinds technique, accomplish kinds requesting (but definitely not simply too much), and get it done.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Business Coach
    I'm a new start up business and I've been thinking about hiring a business coach to help me make good decisions for my new business. I was wondering if anyone on this site has hired one and is it worth the money? I would hate to dump all my start up funds into something that total isn't worth the money. Also, what should I expect from a business coach? I want to make sure they are doing their job if Im going to pay them the money!

Thanks in advance,
    Melissa
    Hi Melissa, I could help you via email. tony@smallbusinessdynamics.com.au

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Arrowbiz

Thanks in advance,
    Melissa

Hi Melissa!

You might want to visit our website http://businesscoachingmentoring.com/ for more info regarding business coaching. I hope it answers your question.

-JeneeVie

Share on facebook