Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    For one-time, non-daily jobs, just hire an independent contractor. They would save you more money in the long run as compared to a regular employee. However, if the tasks that you have in store for them are daily routine tasks, then it's better to hire a regular employee. Though the pay of a regular employee would cost you much more in the long run, you won't have to worry about the job that needs to be done.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Hiring independent contractors are usually more practical, because then again you are not stuck with a huge level of commitment in terms of hiring people. You can use a lot of independent contractors when the demand is high but stop using them when your business demand goes down.

Another option is to outsource particular aspects of your operations to an outsourcing company who will also manage the services for you. This makes management easy for you as well.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Whoever you hire should be bonded and insured. It might be easier to find someone as an independent contractor, because you will be liable for a lot less, but if you don't hire that person as an employee, what is to stop this person from stealing you clients, and what would be the advantage for them to be hired through you and not work for themselves? If you do hire someone, yes, you do have to provide them with healthcare.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I prefer employees to independent contractors. You can rely on employees more than the other.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I would just hire someone so that I can keep an eye on them. Independent contractor might just quit when you really need them. Hiring an employee gives you control over the business rather than an independent contractor.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I think hiring employees will probably prove to be a bigger expense, but it just has to do mostly with what your plans for your business are or what kind of business you would like to build. If you are in it mostly for the short term plans and purely for increasing profit as early as possible, which I don't see much wrong with anyway, then it might be best to just get independent contractors. If, however, you would like to build some sort of culture within your company and thus have it perform as uniformly and to your liking as much as possible despite it being a bit more expensive and therefore less profitable, then having employees might be best. If it's all the same to your clients, then I would personally just go with independent contractors as that seems to hold the least amount of expenses and responsibilities.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I would go with employee even though you have to pay insurance for the employee.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Offices in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, New Jersey, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina and Florida.
    Hi PoolsRCool, we came across your post and think this might be able to help answer some of your questions. https://www.groupmgmt.com/blog/post/...edium=referral

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Basically, an independent contractor is an independent business person who runs his or her own business but who does work for another business. An employee is hired by a company to perform specific work at the direction of the employer.

Share on facebook