Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Internet Advertising?
    Has anyone had any real luck when they are marketing their business online? I know a lot of people live and die by the Internet, but other people have a standby method of marketing online. What kind of method do you prefer to use and what kind of changes have you had to make to your marketing operation online?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Do you already have a website? If not, that's step one. Even if it is a very small website just with contact information and some pictures, it's better than nothing. People like to look up businesses online and get to know the business before they head out the door.

So, you have a website? Great! Next step is to make it visible in Google and other search engines. This is called SEO, Search Engine Optimization. There is a lot of information about this on the internet and even Google has an entire guide on how to get your website noticed.
    You should also add your website to Google so they know where they can find it. You can do that here: https://www.google.com/webmasters/to...bmit-url?pli=1

Another thing you can do is advertise using Google. If your business is registered, you probably get a coupon of Google in the mail every few months. This is a starting capital to advertise using their services. They basically deduct money every time someone clicks an advertisement to your site.
    Your website will also be ranked higher in Google and can show up in personalized ads for people.

The biggest change you will have to make (if your website has a lot of articles) it to make sure they have enough keywords that search engines can pick up.

I hope this is some useful information.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabellas2007 View Post
    Has anyone had any real luck when they are marketing their business online? I know a lot of people live and die by the Internet, but other people have a standby method of marketing online. What kind of method do you prefer to use and what kind of changes have you had to make to your marketing operation online?
    @delusional posted some good points there.

If you are going to engage yourself in internet advertising - it's a must to have a website where you can showcase your products or services online. If you have no capabilities to set-up your website then a simple blogger or wordpress blog will do for starters. A search engine optimized (SEO) website or blogsite will also bring in targeted clients so it's also wise to invest on good SEO professionals to help get your site found on search engines.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Also don't forget about social media when advertizing your company. A facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc. profile can be really usefull, depending on what type of service you are offering. If it's a business situated in an actual building, make sure google maps knows about it's existence.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Isabellas2007, I use article marketing (i.e., Ezine Articles) and Hub Pages to get people to my website. I also use Google+ and Twitter to send my followers to my site as well. There are also free ways to generate Press Releases for your business, too.

Good Luck!

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    What are the free ways that you get the Press Releases done? I do have my own website, but it tends to be expensive to advertise and this is something that I do not really want to have to deal with all the time because it cost me more than what I was making!

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    What are the free ways that you get the Press Releases done? I do have my own website, but it tends to be expensive to advertise and this is something that I do not really want to have to deal with all the time because it cost me more than what I was making!
    Isabellas2007, I used PRLog (www.prlong.org) some years ago when I launched my website. After that, I used article marketing to gain more traffic.

The reason why I like PRLog is that (1) you can submit a free press release, (2) has a link to show you how to write one, (3) has a good Google Page and Alexa ranking, and (4) has a ton of sites linking to it.

Factors #3 and #4 is an indicator for me that it has potential to generate a significant amount of publicity.

Good Luck!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    As long as you know your way on the internet, trust me that it's going to be so much easier to advertise and market your business. A knowledge on SEO will come very handy. I would suggest that you read on SEO a lot these days because this will thoroughly help you optimize your website.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Isabellas2007, I used PRLog (www.prlong.org) some years ago when I launched my website. After that, I used article marketing to gain more traffic.
    Dead link?

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    @delusional posted almost all points above and the social media he missed out @crimsonghost747 mentioned those

Internet is very vast and as such one has to think of the Areas which the website has to cater. Depending on this, you should consider the SEO (search engine optimization) thing. We all know that Google has different search engines for different countries and so ranking in your specific target area should be considered as top priority after the site is ready. And then, as they say, not all people use internet, so you should continue with the offline marketing too - maybe print out the website name on you business stationary, try identify your clients and reach them over phone, if you cannot reach them in person.

Share on facebook