Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Happy Employees = Good Employees
    Does anyone agree?

I have had several TERRIBLE bosses over the years. They really were mean, inconsiderate, didn't care at all about their employees, were greedy, etc. And downright hateful...all the time.

And their employees hated them for it and got to the point where they slacked off when they could get away with it.

I just think that everyone should know that HAPPY employees are good employees. Maybe not ALL the time, but it definitely makes a difference.

Just make sure that you keep that in mind when hiring and dealing with people.

I'm not saying you should pay them huge salaries or let them get away with anything they want to, but being considerate and kind every now and then really makes a difference.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I wish I could remember where the study was from, but the results were basically this: It is not a heavy workload that creates workplace stress and procrastination, but an unpleasant boss. So basically people can handle big workloads, but an overbearing boss causes an employee to procrastinate.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I've watched a documentary about the happiest and most productive workplaces in the world. It shows that Google and other companies, workplaces who let their employees have fun most of the time and work only 4-8 hours with a lot of breaks, are the most efficient and has the best productivity rate. When people have fun and enjoy their work, they tend to be more productive and can focus better when working because they know that rewards and breaks are coming up soon as long as they finish the job. Toy companies who allow their employees to play whilst working, usually invent and create new toys that add value to the workplace and the business.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Yes of course I agree. When you like doing something you are automatically a lot more productive at it. This has been proven by many studies but I've also noticed it personally, I'm good at things I like doing mainly because I want to do them properly. If it's something I do because I have to, then I take the shortcuts and work at a level which is acceptable but far from ideal.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I totally agree. The key idea here that was handed down from top managers is that the way you treat your employees is most likely going to be the way they treat your clients. Insulting one's employees is a recipe for disaster and such a business model is doomed. Creativity is a daughter of freedom. A pleasant employer equals a pleasant employee equals a pleasant product.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I agree! At one place I worked, I had one really awesome boss! When he was working, I wanted to work hard to please him. He treated all the employees with respect and didn't look down on them, even though he was the store manager. Because he respected us so much, we respected him back. We always did what he said, and wanted to help him get all the things done that he had to do! But I guess, a lot of managers get power hungry and like being the boss, and bossing people around!

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I agree. Bosses should really make more of an effort to meet their employees halfway. However, I do understand how some or most bosses become jaded over the years, as there are some terrible employees out there as well, and I think it would be unfair to think that only bosses can be unfair. There are employees who take advantage of a good company sometimes, and I think this is where the problem stems from when it comes to some of the more difficult bosses.

Granted, I admit that some of them are just like that by default due to their personalities, but I think in some cases it's more of a group effort than just a problem with management. However, as I've said, I do agree and I do realize that bosses do have majority of the responsibility to keep the whole company happy.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I agree with all of you.

Of course, it is a place of business, and profit is always the bottom line. BUT, more things can get done and the business can be ran much better if the employees work hard.

And I just think employees are more willing to work harder and do their best when they have a good boss.

Those who hate their jobs are more likely to call in sick or try to get out of working when they don't have to. Those who like their jobs and don't mind going to work will be more likely to stay late or come in on their days off.

People who get respect from their bosses are more likely to want to please them and keep them happy.

Some people will take advantage of that, of course. Those are the people who need to be let go.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I absolutely agree. I personally don't have any employees, because I am an independent contractor, but if I did, I would want them to be happy, and have a fun, rewarding environment to work in. I think that the happier employees are, the more productive and efficient they are. People that have horrible, mean bosses will more than likely cause employees stress and can lead to mistakes, and even potentially health problems.
    As a person who has had mean bosses, I know that the employees were only working hard when the boss was watching. If you don't like your boss, you will only do as much work to keep them off your back, because who wants to make money for a jerk?!

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    My mood and overall work ethic at any job I had larger was do to my boss. I could easily coal mine for 13 hours a day if my boss was fair and pleasant.

Share on facebook