Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Happy Employees = Good Employees
    Does anyone agree?

I have had several TERRIBLE bosses over the years. They really were mean, inconsiderate, didn't care at all about their employees, were greedy, etc. And downright hateful...all the time.

And their employees hated them for it and got to the point where they slacked off when they could get away with it.

I just think that everyone should know that HAPPY employees are good employees. Maybe not ALL the time, but it definitely makes a difference.

Just make sure that you keep that in mind when hiring and dealing with people.

I'm not saying you should pay them huge salaries or let them get away with anything they want to, but being considerate and kind every now and then really makes a difference.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I wish I could remember where the study was from, but the results were basically this: It is not a heavy workload that creates workplace stress and procrastination, but an unpleasant boss. So basically people can handle big workloads, but an overbearing boss causes an employee to procrastinate.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I've watched a documentary about the happiest and most productive workplaces in the world. It shows that Google and other companies, workplaces who let their employees have fun most of the time and work only 4-8 hours with a lot of breaks, are the most efficient and has the best productivity rate. When people have fun and enjoy their work, they tend to be more productive and can focus better when working because they know that rewards and breaks are coming up soon as long as they finish the job. Toy companies who allow their employees to play whilst working, usually invent and create new toys that add value to the workplace and the business.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Yes of course I agree. When you like doing something you are automatically a lot more productive at it. This has been proven by many studies but I've also noticed it personally, I'm good at things I like doing mainly because I want to do them properly. If it's something I do because I have to, then I take the shortcuts and work at a level which is acceptable but far from ideal.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I totally agree. The key idea here that was handed down from top managers is that the way you treat your employees is most likely going to be the way they treat your clients. Insulting one's employees is a recipe for disaster and such a business model is doomed. Creativity is a daughter of freedom. A pleasant employer equals a pleasant employee equals a pleasant product.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I agree! At one place I worked, I had one really awesome boss! When he was working, I wanted to work hard to please him. He treated all the employees with respect and didn't look down on them, even though he was the store manager. Because he respected us so much, we respected him back. We always did what he said, and wanted to help him get all the things done that he had to do! But I guess, a lot of managers get power hungry and like being the boss, and bossing people around!

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    There are some bosses who are easy going, and it really makes the workplace a fun place to work. Also, I have a few bosses that are funny and just let the employees to work in they are part of the family. I know there are some bosses just plain mean and don't really care about their employees, which makes some employees unhappy and don't care about their works. The majority of most employees want to have a good time while they focus on their works and I think it makes a difference if you have happy employees. Good point here.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Definitely agree. Although I will say the work environment matters as well. At one of my last jobs, our workspace was in a very small area, almost to the point where we had no personal space. We also didn't have any sunlight which made things worse. The bad part was for awhile we were in a different area where it was wide open and even had a nice view of the outside. I don't like working at places where sunlight isn't allowed to come in.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    What people should understand is that your workplace is still a place to get work done. You can be as friendly to your employees as you can but there will be a time when you have to be harsh in order to maximize profit. Because profit is everything your business is about.

I wouldn't want to fire all employees after 2 years and tell them "Yeah, but you had fun, no?".

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I always do my best to ensure that my employees are always happy. I've noticed that their work ethic is simply better when they're happy with their job. It really does make a difference if you treat your employees like family.

Share on facebook