Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. Collapse Details
    Mobbing, intentional or unintentional is another reason for employees to lose motivation.
    Actually this is happening everyday at almost every office, however some people can stand to it more and some have to stand to it as they need the money.
    I think this is a form of modern slavery and this is why I'm hoping to establish my own business one day and not have to obey to anyone -except maybe my clients' wishes.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I am an employee and agree with this completely. If you hate going to work because your boss is a jerk, you are not going to be productive at all. Angry employees just think about their anger at work, not getting the work done. If your employees enjoy their boss and the workplace then most often they will aim to please.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Yes, I do agree. My boss is awful and mean to all of his employees, therefore we don't work as hard and he knows it. He's let up a little, which is good beacause we all started working harder.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    As with others, I certainly have to agree that a happy work place affords the highest productivity and efficiency marks.

I remember working at McDonald's when I was young. The manager was my brothers roommate, and the other workers were my brother and some quiet girl that did the typical work involved with her position. We worked graveyard shift at the time, and since everyone was friends and the manager was also a friend, there was a lot of... well, playing around. I think that we worked perhaps 20% of the time we were at work. We weren't lazy, we just enjoyed the work since we were working with friends and could play around whenever we wanted. Instead of slacking off because of this, we did a very good job, very quickly, so that we could have more time joking around or listening to the music videos in the break room.

We had the highest marks on our cleanliness and quality of any crew, and also had less than half the drive-through time of any of the other shifts. Most people that knew what was going on would have wanted to put a stop to it or told us to get to work or some other pointless order. There's only so much you can do, and once it's done, there's no point in trying to order them around to do more when they've already done everything. Letting your employees have their free time when they've already done what they should, quickly and efficiently, ensures that they KEEP that quality and speed in their work.

Personally, when I hire someone, I don't look for qualifications, and I don't look for a slave. I look at their ability to get the job done in a timely manner. I instruct them in what to do (and how, if there NEEDS to be an exact order of operations), and then leave them to it. As long as they get things done when they need to be, then I let them do whatever they'd like as long as it's not costing me more money. I'd rather have someone that gets the job done quickly, with high quality, and then goofs around with whatever they'd like, than to have someone that slacks throughout the day and does a half-hearted job that I have to tell them to repeat since it wasn't done properly the first time... nor the second.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridge Hatrick View Post
    As with others, I certainly have to agree that a happy work place affords the highest productivity and efficiency marks
    Couldn't agree more.

I used to work at a department store and my supervisor was a complete jerk. I don't know how my colleagues and I survived the ordeal-- and I don't really think I want to remember the nightmarish episodes I spent working with him, haha! Our every move was scrutinized and whenever we did something that did not follow his instructions to the T, we would get reprimanded, oftentimes, publicly. I suffered, my colleagues suffered, team morale suffered and this showed in our performance. Obviously, our supervisor's supervisor noticed the bad output and would reprimand our supervisor during month-end seminars. Crazy supervisor would often take out his anger out on all of us. He managed to snag a promotion though, amidst his poor management skills. I don't know how that happened, but his transfer came as a relief to all us. He was replaced by a sweet 50-year old female who also became everyone's mother figure. We performed much better under her care, that's for sure.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I agree with this statement almost completely...the reason I say ALMOST is that there are two factors to consider:

1. If you have a great boss and work for a company, then yes you would be a happy employee. When you get into a good job, only to discover that your boss is a jerk, then the quality of your work will naturally decline over time. Most employees like to please their boss, especially if they love the company they work for and want to be praised for a job well done. An ineffective boss makes moral go down and employees get depressed when they have to go to work and deal with it all of the time.

2. On the flip side, you can have a great boss and just genuinly hate your job. Maybe the job is boring or in a field that you do not wish to be in at all. Having a great boss helps out tremendously, but at the end of the day you have to enjoy what you are doing.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I agree an happy employee is a good employee, I have had some good bosses and bad ones but my thing is that an employee is as good as the boss treats them and teaches them. If you have a mean boss you gonna sometimes have mean employees . I believing giving employees pats on the back sometimes show them that you appreciate their work.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I do agree with most of the replies here. Companies where employees get the best benefits are those who perform very well in their role and also give more productivity. I would like to quote Piterion as the best example here. The employees get good working benefits and appreciation is enormous for every good work they do.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I totally agree that happy employees are good employees

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Totally agree. To be happy I indulge me by buying some cool stuff. So, recently I found www.jowissa.com website where you can buy awesome watches. I guess I know how to make myself happy again. Some models there are incredible.

Share on facebook