Thread: Social Media

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    I believe social media such as Facebook is definitely on the decline. It does not mean it's already dead. There were way too many people signed up, so it will take a long time before it become less than popular. Although I have to point out that Facebook did something incredibly bad for business. Sometimes during the second half (probably in the summer) of 2012, Facebook suddenly decided to add the paid promotion button to Facebook fan pages. Of course nobody was going to use it, since the fans will see the fan page posts anyway. So Facebook decided it's a good idea for them to kill the natural exposure of the fan page wall posts. Nowadays, you'd be luck to get even 1% of your fans to see your wall updates. If you want more of them to see your updates, you have to pay for each and every posts. This move effectively killed off the usefulness of Facebook fan page for small businesses.
    ^^^ My thoughts exactly.
    I have to say Reddit is underused where as Facebook has been overused and is fading out. Younger people are getting off Facebook since it's being flooded with older people. Facebook would be a great way to advertise but the things you have mentioned have been a setback instead of a good thing thus far. My Facebook is usually deactivated but when it isn't I get so tired of not seeing wall updates and such. Sad!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    For most professions the 'direct approach' to social media networking doesn't seem all too effective to me. A local business does not generate a lot of interest via it's own twitter or facebook account. I think finding ways to insert your brand name or towork with people and companies who do have a strong foothold on these sites will yield much better results. I don't mean to suggest any kind of shady subliminal marketing tactics, I'm just saying that is advertising subtlety is a key asset.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Haven't tried Reddit...but will to give it a try. A lot of our clients have been frustrated lately with the decline in organic reach on Facebook pages (self included!)

I do, however, think Facebook is here to stay. I think having a healthy presence on several (but not all) social media channels is important...because your potential customers can come from anywhere.

If you ever have any social media questions, feel free to reach out to me...we love to help other small business owners! We're also hosting a free webinar in a few weeks and have a bunch of free social media tools for all registrants if you are interested: http://bit.ly/1jYqWJA.

Kimberly J.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Hi everyone i think you don't know about Google plus that's not a big platform instead of facebook but this is very important now a days according to Google.. Because Facebook is one of the big platform of Social Media but Google gives a lot of importance of this platform instead of all social networking webistes

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Reddit is certainly a good suggestion. The good thing about Reddit is their intelligent and helpful community. They would probably be able to give valuable advice regarding your business. However, do you know whether they even allow advertising in the first place? It doesn't seem like so.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Social Media is totally another way of marketing products that are present in the market. It is also among the cheapest methods. Most businesses today are opting to use the social media platform because of the enormous traffic it can generate within a very short time.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I will agree. Reddit is truly amazing. I did some advertising on there and I managed to get a fairly decent spike in my profits. It is worth it!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I use facebook all the time for marketing purposes, I use instragram as well. I haven't thought about reddit. I know the site as I do have a rediculous sense of humour, but I do get how its a close knit community of people who are equally as rediculous as me so I think I will have to try it out.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Reddit is an excellent social media tool. The only thing is that most of the time, traffic is fleeting. Regular updates and great titles will make you last for a long time.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I think social media sites will soon become a little more specific in terms of the demographic in the community they house, although I'm guessing Facebook at this point is too well integrated to become irrelevant. Still, I read in an article somewhere that a lot of teenagers are already flocking away from Facebook onto other services like Instagram, but like I said, it's all just a guess of mine at this point. I think it's best to have the big two - Facebook and Twitter, with another one that targets your niche demographic specifically as you have stated.

Share on facebook