Thread: Social Media

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Social Media
    I've found that utilizing Facebook as well as Twitter and other outlets is incredibly effective with marketing online. But one of the best social media venues is Reddit. It's growing leaps and bounds over other outlets so it's definitely where you want your popularity to grow. Facebook pages are effective but recent research shows that people are leaving the social media giant in large groups. So it's fading slowly but surely. Twitter is popular but you need a pretty decent following.
    With Reddit, good content will get you noticed.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    This is very true and a very good analysis. The highest ranking social media is the one were you can interact with your customers and that has a large visibility.
    For example: Facebook has limited visibility and the interaction is minimal (everything is in one big comment stream, not really personal, no ranking of comments, ...).
    Reddit on the other hand can be very personal and has great visibility if you target your post well.

Also, if you post something on Facebook on the wrong time of day, it's possible none of your customers will ever see it.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Social media has become the norm that most people would promote their business and spread the words out tthe way. I think some businesses have become very popular because the owners have ways to get their company names through social media such as Facebook or Twitter or Linkin. I only use Facebook for people to find information about our business and use Twitter to keep any updates going. I hardly use social media because to me it's just wasting time.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I have created several Facebook pages for my business. Some have attracted more crowds than others. Yet, the science behind is still fuzzy. Having said that, the simple time-honored rules of marketing apply, such as giving your page a short yet powerful name. The uniqueness of your business is another factor...

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I believe social media such as Facebook is definitely on the decline. It does not mean it's already dead. There were way too many people signed up, so it will take a long time before it become less than popular. Although I have to point out that Facebook did something incredibly bad for business. Sometimes during the second half (probably in the summer) of 2012, Facebook suddenly decided to add the paid promotion button to Facebook fan pages. Of course nobody was going to use it, since the fans will see the fan page posts anyway. So Facebook decided it's a good idea for them to kill the natural exposure of the fan page wall posts. Nowadays, you'd be luck to get even 1% of your fans to see your wall updates. If you want more of them to see your updates, you have to pay for each and every posts. This move effectively killed off the usefulness of Facebook fan page for small businesses.

However, even with Facebook fan page has become useless. You can still run Facebook ad campaign to promote whatever you wish to promote.

On a side note, since Facebook is so popular, many other social media networks give the option to connect with Facebook. So even though you can't get to your Facebook fans with your updates, every time you post something on your fan page, it will also be posted to all the connected accounts on other social media. My Facebook is connected with my Twitter by the way. I also use Reddit, Digg, Linkedin, Delicious, Stumbleupon.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks for sharing guys. I'm not very familiar with Reddit and I mostly rely on Facebook for traffic and for communication with some clients. I hope you guys can share some tips and tricks on how to use Reddit for online marketing as I'm really interested in taking this option too.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Reddit is definitely a good site to use; unfortunately, a lot of people forget about it. I think it's a great idea to use a combination of Reddit, Twitter and Facebook to reach as many people as possible.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Thank you for mentioning Reddit, I'm going to need to check it out in terms of utilizing it to grow my business. In the past I have been using Facebook and Twitter primarily to get traffic to my website and it has worked to an extent. I feel that I need to get myself out on more sites and I was glad to see that people have used Reddit to build their customer and client base as I am always looking for new ways to try. I do try to create an interactive front for my facebook group, but as some of you have mentioned, it is harder at times, and I think that it is very important for people to see and be able connect with a business owner directly. I know that the internet changes in term so usage of different social media sites and I was glad to hear that there is another new option for me to try to build my business by(Reddit). For someone just new to Reddit, is there any tips that people have that would make it easier for me to get started?
    Thanks!

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Facebook is a great place to advertise.
    You have to be smart and be able to write and have a good product that is interesting that gets attention.
    I advertised my website when I had it. I got the money for the Facebook page and the website I had. 2 birds with one stone, hehe.

I would go for Facebook, it's not wrong to try different social media too.

Good luck.
    - Best regards, Axmen.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurenGrey View Post
    Thank you for mentioning Reddit, I'm going to need to check it out in terms of utilizing it to grow my business. In the past I have been using Facebook and Twitter primarily to get traffic to my website and it has worked to an extent. I feel that I need to get myself out on more sites and I was glad to see that people have used Reddit to build their customer and client base as I am always looking for new ways to try. I do try to create an interactive front for my facebook group, but as some of you have mentioned, it is harder at times, and I think that it is very important for people to see and be able connect with a business owner directly. I know that the internet changes in term so usage of different social media sites and I was glad to hear that there is another new option for me to try to build my business by(Reddit). For someone just new to Reddit, is there any tips that people have that would make it easier for me to get started?
    Thanks!
    It sounds like you are heading in the right direction as far as creating interactive groups on facebook and other social networking sites. Youíre correct; do love to be able to reach out the business owner directly =) I always make it a point to respond to as many comments/posts as possible on my pages. I also like to hold little contests and advertise promotional plans, for example, a few weeks ago I posted a link on our page that offered 25% off of a service when you refer someone new to like our page and post a comment. Iíve dabbled with Reddit. Using Reddit is a bit different than using Twitter or Facebook. The moderators will ban your account if you ask for votes Ė even if itís through your personal media sites, Iíve seen this happen to a friend of mine. The messed up thing is that if they ban your account you wont even know its been banned because you can still log in AND submit new links. My friend didnít put two and two together until she realized that she wasnít getting any upvotes. Good luck with everything!

Share on facebook